Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 97
Collection number: ahc.MSS1136
Scope and Content This collection contains clippings, correspondence, notes, and scrapbooks that document Adelle B. Harper's life as well as members of her family. Material provides insight into Harper's flower shop business, club activities, family life, and her wide variety of interests. Scrapbooks offer details about Auverne Harper's enrollment in Woodberry Hall School for Girls in Atlanta and Shorter College in Rome, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS124
Scope and Contents of the Records A varied collection, these photographs are a mixture of images of rural areas in Fulton County, images relating to Atlanta’s Jewish community, military photographs, and photographs of an elementary class. Most of the images in the collection were taken by Rosenberg, but several were not. The photographs of Fulton County include images of buildings, stores, and farms in Buckhead, Roswell, and Lebanon, Georgia, and several in Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta. Images of Atlanta’s Jewish community...
Collection number: ahc.VIS68
Scope and Content This collection contains various types of visual images, including photographs, lithoghraphs, posters, and prints from periodicals, pertaining to African Americans. Included in the collection are stereotypical racist pictures and postcards; photographs of African Americans working as domestics, agricultural laborers, musicians, streetcar conductors, etc.; portraits of African American women, men, and children; prints depicting significant events, such as the Fort Pillow Massacre and the...
Collection number: ahc.VIS359
Scope and Content The collection contains images of former enslaved people and elderly African Americans who lived at the E.R. Carter Home for the Elderly. Named in honor of Reverend Edward Randolph Carter (1856-1944), the pastor spearheaded an extensive housing ministry and directed the construction of a home for the aged, which was operated by Friendship Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. The home was later demolished.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1157
Scope and Content This collection contains documents that Annette Burdges collected while she worked as secretary for the Atlanta Chapter of NOW. Materials include monthly NOW newsletters, membership and action pamphlets, stickers, and Atlanta Chapter correspondence. There are additional documents from an Equal Opportunity for Employment telecast conference as well as a United States Department of Labor and Women's Bureau conference. This collection also includes reports, articles, and a copy of the ...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1132
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, yearbooks, minutes, and financial reports that provide a social and civic history of the club. Scrapbooks offer details about programs, neighborhood projects, and flower shows. Of special interest are scrapbook images of members' gardens and neighborhood islands.
Collection number: ahc.MSS718
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, clippings, financial records, and programs that provide a history of the festival. Additional material provides details of events, performances, and pageant contests. Of special interest is a scrapbook providing images of parade floats and participants.
Collection number: ahc.MSS773
Scope and Content This collection consists of papers and publications related to the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender (LGBT) community in Atlanta, Georgia. Series I includes gay and lesbian publications from Atlanta,the Southeast, and nationwide. Series II consists of business and organization papers pertaining to gay rights and AIDS. Series III includes personal papers of gay and lesbian activists in Atlanta and Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS245
Scope and Content The collection consists of images of club members and performers, club member meetings, and concerts and events produced by the Atlanta Music Club. A variety of images of events are represented in the collection such as color and black and white images from the Atlanta Community Symphony Orchestra's 26th Annual Young Artists' Concerto Concert (2000); the club's Spring Promenade (1982); the All-Star Concert Series (1985) and a fashion show (1993). There are a small number of unidentified events,...
Collection number: ahc.MSS391
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence among the society's members, membership lists, biographies of some members, financial records, newspaper clippings, early recollections of Atlanta, and a scrapbook.
Collection number: MSS480f
Scope and Content This collection contains biographical questionnaires of women active in the Civil Rights Movement in Atlanta gathered by the Black Women's Coalition of Atlanta; a program and lists.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1078
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook that details the social and civic activities of the club. Material includes photographs, correspondence, clippings, and programs. Of special interest are photographs of members' gardens from the Emory University area neighborhood. Additional loose photographs of Eatonton and Griffin, Georgia, from approximately 1938, are found at the end of the scrapbook.
Collection number: ahc.VIS283
Scope and Content This collection consists of portrait images of Blanchard family members, including Waid Hill Blanchard; Martha Lane Hill; Mary Anne Hill; Moses C. Blanchard; and Mary Blanchard.
Collection number: ahc.MSS574f
Scope and Content This collection contains the minutes of two meetings of this unidentified group, appearing to be May and June of 1924. One set of minutes are signed by a Mrs. Harris (or Mrs. Harrison?). The minutes in part discuss the Community Chest and placing two girls with the Monroe School.
Collection number: ahc.VIS276
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the park in Brookwood Hills including the playground, picnic and pool areas during restoration work by the club. Images show playground structures, picnic tables, planters, stone steps, as well as trees, shrubs, and other plants. Also a part of the collection are photographs of the club's Christmas decorations inside Rhodes Memorial Hall, Atlanta, Georgia. Of particular interest are club members and children shown during park workdays and events.
Collection number: ahc.MSS433
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of records pertaining to the organization and administration of the Burns Club of Atlanta and the Ladies' Burns Club of Atlanta. Records include legal documents, correspondence, membership lists, program information, and pamphlets. Topics include the construction of the Burns Cottage, the Annual Anniversary Dinner, club operations, and poetry written by club members.
Collection number: ahc.VIS286
Scope and Content This collection consists of images of the Burns Club of Atlanta and Ladies' Burns Club members, as well as photographs of the Burns Cottage.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1087
Scope and Content This collection contains documents that provide a history of the social and civic activities of the club. Materials include clippings, correspondence, histories, minutes, and yearbooks. Scrapbooks offer more details on programs, projects, and club interests on a wide variety of gardening topics. Of special interest are scrapbook images of Cascade Road from approximately 1939.
Collection number: ahc.VIS370
Scope and Content The collection contains images that detail the civic and social history of the Cherokee Garden Club. Included in the collection are photographs of the club's civic projects, flower show arrangements, and needlework. Also a part of the collection are images of club members attending the Garden Club of America Zone VIII meetings and working at fundraising events such as Potlatch and Gardener's Delight. A video and photographs of the Cherokee Garden Library document the early years of the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS928
Scope and Content The records include by-laws, constitution, correspondence, newsletters, handbooks, meeting minutes, and materials documenting the social welfare projects. The meeting minutes include records of executive board meetings, annual meetings, and board of managers meetings. General minutes of the organization contain information on some of the social and welfare projects dealing with the youth of Atlanta. The group's involvement with the Savannah Street Neighborhood House is particularly...
- Subject: Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta Music Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Burns Club of Atlanta (Ga.) 3
- Hartsfield, William Berry 3
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Poole, Paul 3
- American Federation of Musicians 2
- Atlanta Dogwood Festival 2
- Atlanta History Center 2
- Atlanta Tulip Flower Show Association 2
- Bedard, L'Ella Griffith 2
- Booker T. Washington High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Brady, Auverne Harper, 1908-2010 2
- Burns, Robert 2
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 2
- Cherokee Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Coca-Cola Company 2
- Colonial Flower Shop (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Dobbs, Mary Butt Griffith 2
- Emory University 2
- Flower Arrangers Club of Georgia 2
- Fort, Marie Johnson 2
- Garden Club of Georgia. 2
- Gardens for Peace (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Griffith School of Music (Atlanta, Ga) 2
- Griffith, Mary Burke 2
- Griffith, William Butts 2
- Grigsby, Emily Bourne, 1922-2020 2
- Harper family 2
- Harper's Flowers (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Harper, Adelle Bartlett, 1885-1974 2
- Harris, Joe Frank 2
- Hatcher, Thurston 2
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Ladies' Burns Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Lane Brothers Photo News Service (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 2
- McElreath, Walter 2
- Nicholson, Marie S. 2
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 2
- Second Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Swan Woods (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Tuskegee Institute 2
- Women's Chamber of Commerce of Atlanta 2
- Woodberry Hall School for Girls (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Abbey, Jessie Harris 1
- Abbey, Lucile 1
- Abbey, Theo 1
- Aiken family 1
- Aiken, Lucy Rucker 1
- Aiken, Walter Henry, 1893-1965 1
- Aldredge, John 1
- Aldridge, Mamie 1
- Alexander Gallery (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Alexander, Judith, 1931-2004 1
- Alexander, Wellington, Jr., Rev. 1
- Almand, Ed, Mrs. 1
- Almon, Leroy 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity 1
- Amos, Moses, Dr. 1
- Anderson, Ann Rucker 1
- Anderson, Charles W., Jr. 1
- Anderson, Linda 1
- Andrews, Lina 1
- Andrews, Lisa 1
- Ansley Park Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Aronstam, Louis 1
- Asher, Gertrude 1
- Askew, Thomas E. 1
- Atlanta Black Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Botanical Garden 1
- Atlanta Community Chest 1
- Atlanta Community Orchestra (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Flower Show Association 1
- Atlanta Garden Center 1
- Atlanta Gas Light Company 1
- Atlanta Gay Center 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta Lumber Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Machine Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Marble Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Pioneer Women's Society 1
- Atlanta Public Library. Ida Williams Branch 1
- Atlanta Safe and Lock Works (Fulton County, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Scottish Association (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Scottish Association (Ga.). Ladies Auxiliary 1
- Atlanta Symphony Guild 1
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra 1
- Atlanta Urban League 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta's Black Women Pioneers 1
- Atlanta's Woman of the Year Organization (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Avary, Myrta Lockett 1
- Azalea Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Barker and Holleman (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Barnett, Crawford, Mrs. 1
- Barrett, Lizzie 1 ∧ less