Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 35
Collection number: ahc.MSS742f
Scope and Content This collection contains receipts, business licenses, and contracts from Alfred S. Jenkins' grocery and butcher store. Also included are a druggists' certificate and a letter of appreciation from the Fulton County Medical Board for his son, Matthew K. Jenkins, a doctor and pharmacist.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1105
Scope and Content This collection contains notes, correspondence, and business documentation related to Allen Jones' work in the Atlanta Executive Network, Helping Hands, Log Cabin Republicans, and Young Republicans groups. Materials also include select personal records such as a family newsletter and images of awards Jones received.
Collection number: ahc.MSS11f
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of a bound ledger containing the minutes of the meetings of the Atlanta City Brewing Company’s Board of Directors and Shareholders, and also periodic company financial statements during its first years of operation, 1876 – 1905. The minutes are written in long hand by the company secretary. The minutes of the board meetings concern election of officers, dividend declarations and operating proposals and decisions. The shareholder meetings concern review of the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS356
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of business records pertaining to the Atlanta Transit Authority and subsidiary transportation companies. Included in the collection is correspondence and legal records pertaining to the daily operations of the company as well as copies of testimony from court cases involving the Atlanta Transit Authority. The bulk of the collection is a group of appraisal ledgers based on 1968 valuations of company property and equipment.
Collection number: ahc.MSS489
Scope and Content This collection contains the administrative and tournament files for the association. The administrative records include meeting minutes, financial reports, and legal documents. There are also brochures, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, and calendars.
Collection number: ahc.MSS415
Scope and Content This collection consists of organizational records that document activities leading up to the annual dinner and awards ceremony. Also included are agendas, correspondence, programs, and newspaper clippings. There are scrapbooks that contain photographs and newspaper clippings regarding the awards ceremony.
Collection number: ahc.MSS614
Scope and Content This collection consists of personal and professional papers of Austin T. Walden. The papers are primarily office files and case briefs from his law career. Additional material includes correspondence, financial papers, membership information, political campaign documents, speeches, and marketing and outreach material from various organizations. The collection contains materials from the many organizations to which Walden belonged or defended in court, such as the NAACP, the Atlanta Negro...
Collection number: ahc.MSS60
Scope and Content These papers consist of correspondence between various members of the Benning family, personal documents, genealogy of the Benning family, and business papers from Hong Kong, New York and Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.MSS83
Scope and Content The Chattahoochee Brick Company documents contain business records that show the daily operation of the company through its financial, production, legal, and management operations. Most papers date to the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. Financial documents include cash journals, reports, record books, accounts, and ledgers. Production documents include inventories, reports, and a catalogue. Legal materials include land grands, deeds, and indentures that relate to land acquisition...
Collection number: ahc.MSS274
Scope and Content This collection contains the stock book of the Copenhill Land Company.
Collection number: ahc.MSS81f
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of a ledger used to track the monthly expenses of the Crockett Lumber Company from November 1910 to January 1914. The ledger illustrates transactions with companies such as Barfield Lumber Company, Fort Wayne Lumber Company, J.R Bennett and Sons, Woodbury Ply Mills, W.O.B. Carter and Son, Sanders Lumber Company, Capital City Club, AJ Moss, and George Miller Lumber Company.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1123
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, business ledgers, production reports, recipes, and notes from Enrico A. Massa's pharmacy and extracts company E.A. Massa Extracts Inc. The collection also contains a 1940 program for the movie, Gone With The Wind. Of particular interest are Massa's recipes for extracts, fruit juices, and flavoring, as well as Massa's application to use alcohol in his extracts during prohibition. One recipe from 1901 is written in Italian.
Collection number: ahc.MSS502
Scope and Content This collection contains program and roster booklets for the indicated years except 1960-1961, 1965-1966, 1967-1968, and 1968-1969. There is a "history" section which includes items dating from the inception of the Atlanta Chapter in 1944.
Collection number: ahc.MSS120f
Scope and Content This collection contains a ledger of the Atlanta law firm of Gartrell and Warren of fees paid and cases tried.
Collection number: ahc.MSS850
Scope and Content This collection contains four financial ledgers of Poulos Soda Company and the successor business as well as the business license and other related records. Included are sales, purchases, and salaries with amounts in dollars. Column headings are in Greek.
Collection number: ahc.MSS293
Scope and Content This collection primarily contains ground rent receipts as well as some records pertaining to the original Kimball House.
Collection number: ahc.MSS790
Scope and Content This collection consists of one ledger. The ledger contains day by day lists of checks issued for work done, money deposited, and merchandise sold to other hardware stores and to individuals.
Collection number: ahc.MSS403
Scope and Content This collection consists of organizational documents, programs, newspaper clippings, and membership information. There are also copies of reports presentated by Miss Tommie Dora Barker to members during club meetings.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1175
Scope and Content This collection contains business documents from the J. M. Alexander & Company hardware store. Materials include structural agreements; purchases made by Julia Touro Alexander; and client orders. Also included in the collection is correspondence from Frank Reagan, the company's treasurer, and company receipts. There is also a ledger of tenants recorded by R. B. Mitchell from the early 1890s. The relation of this document to the J. M. Alexander & Company has not been established.
Collection number: ahc.MSS916f
Scope and Content This collection contains business receipts and transactions, business cards, correspondence, sympathy cards, paint and stain swatches, work ledgers, salesman booklets, a house construction invoice, and Civil Service Commission applications.
- Subject: Business records -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Alexander, Julius M. (Julius Mortimer), 1844- 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 1
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- American Radio Relay League 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 1
- Atlanta City Brewing Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civil Liberties Committee 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta History Center 1
- Atlanta National Bank Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Negro Voters League 1
- Atlanta Transit Authority 1
- Atlanta University 1
- Atlanta Urban League 1
- Atlanta Women’s Golf Association 1
- Atlanta's Woman of the Year Organization (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlantic Brewing and Ice Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austell, Alfred, 1814-1881 1
- Beck Steam Laundry Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Beck, Julius Frank 1
- Benning Coal Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Busby, Dora Daniels 1
- Busby, James W., 1872-1936 1
- Butler Street YMCA (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Central Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Chattahoochee Brick Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Civitan International 1
- Cleage, Pearl 1
- Clinton, W. T. 1
- Controllers Institute of America 1
- Copenhill Land Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crockett Lumber Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crockett, David, 1881- 1
- Crockett, Ruth S. 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Draper, Jesse 1
- Duckworth family 1
- Emory University 1
- English, James W., Jr. 1
- Evans, Paul 1
- Evans, Todd 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Farrakhan, Louis 1
- Ferguson, Tom 1
- Financial Executives Institute. Atlanta Chapter 1
- Friedman, Barry 1
- Gartrell and Warren (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gate City Bar Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Association of Citizens Democratic Club 1
- Georgia Voters League 1
- Georgia. Department of Transportation 1
- H. I. Kimball House Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hairston, Julie 1
- Haverty Furniture Companies 1
- Haverty, James Joseph 1
- Hinkelman, Michael 1
- History Class of 1884 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- J. H. Hilsman Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- J. M. Alexander & Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- J. P. Stevens Engraving Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Jenkins, Alfred S. 1
- Jenkins, Matthew K. 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 1
- Johnson, Mark W. 1
- Johnstone, Ray 1
- Jones, Allen O. 1
- Jones, John Ashley 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald) 1
- Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968 1
- Kerksis, Sydney C. 1
- King Hardware Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kiser, M. C. 1
- Kiser, Moore, Draper and Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kiwanis Club of Atlanta 1
- Knights of Pythias. Uniform Lodge (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kroeger, Karen 1
- Lawrence, Rowena Benning 1
- Lowe, William B. 1
- Lucy Cobb Institute (Athens, Ga.) 1
- Mark W. Johnson & Woodruff Seedsmen (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Mark W. Johnson Seed Company (Atlanta Ga.) 1
- Massa, Enrico A. 1
- McClelland, John E. 1
- McNaught family 1
- McNaught, William 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 1
- Minis, Helen 1
- Moore, Marsh and Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less