H. I. Kimball House collection
Collection number: ahc.MSS293
Scope and Content
This collection primarily contains ground rent receipts as well as some records pertaining to the original Kimball House.
- 1884-1959, undated
- H. I. Kimball House Company (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The first Kimball House was built in 1870 and destroyed by fire in 1883. The hotel was rebuilt and opened in 1885 and razed in 1959 to make way for a parking deck. Additional administrative information about the Kimball House is not available.
4.02 linear ft. (3 oversize boxes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Kimball (H.I.) House collection
- Melanie Stephan
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.