Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Collection number: ahc.MSS877
Scope and Content This collection contains seven journals/ledgers and three trial balance books. The journals/ledgers give a detailed account of the items that A.J. Martin Hardware Company carried and what they paid for them.
Dates: 1895-1909, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS915f
Scope and Content This collection contains a cash book kept by employee Alma Gilreath Edwards, which details haircut appointments and their cost from Boyd's Beauty Shoppe in Atlanta, Georgia. Edward may have been affiliated with the Florence Crittenton Home for Unwed Mothers.
Collection number: ahc.MSS929
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of the administrative, financial, legal, and marketing records of the Atlantic Steel Company. Included are minutes for the Board of Directors, the Atlantic Building Systems, Inc. and Dixisteel Buildings, Inc. Boards and other groups. The records also include audit reports, annual reports, land records, catalogs and sales notebooks, contracts, leases, agreements, tax certificates, and insurance policies. The collection contains the records of the Corporate Public...
Dates: 1836-2000, undated Bulk: 1901-1982
Collection number: ahc.MSS350
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of financial records generated by the Cable Piano Company. Included in the collection are sales and purchase ledgers, sales report book, and account book.
Collection number: ahc.MSS591
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists primarily of the records of Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. The collection includes a small amount of material (1929-1952) from predecessor organizations: Central Atlanta Improvement Association, Greater Atlanta for Annexation, Inc, and the Central Marietta Street Association. The collection also includes early correspondence regarding the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railroad and the construction of viaducts and bridges in downtown Atlanta in the 1920s and...
Dates: 1924-1994, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS354
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of the records created by the Central Presbyterian Church. Included in the records are minutes, church histories, photographs, and programs.
Collection number: ahc.MSS323
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of a single ledger. Although mostly undated, a few pages are dated 1888, 1889 and 1891. The ledger contains information pertaining to customers accounts from all over Georgia and deposits for the company.
Dates: 1888-1891, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS81f
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of a ledger used to track the monthly expenses of the Crockett Lumber Company from November 1910 to January 1914. The ledger illustrates transactions with companies such as Barfield Lumber Company, Fort Wayne Lumber Company, J.R Bennett and Sons, Woodbury Ply Mills, W.O.B. Carter and Son, Sanders Lumber Company, Capital City Club, AJ Moss, and George Miller Lumber Company.
Collection number: ahc.MSS861f
Scope and Content This collection contains Reid McCarty's business ledger. In the front half of the ledger, McCarty documented income received from patients, business partners, and Emory University. In the back of the ledger, he kept tables for incoming and outgoing funds, loan repayments, and monthly bank balances.
Dates: 1936-1941, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1020
Scope and Content This collection contains primarily the personal and professional papers of Beverly Means DuBose, Jr. The bulk of the personal papers document DuBose's military service in the United States Navy. There is an assortment of training materials and periodicals issued by a variety of military agencies. Also included in this series are a few presentations given by DuBose and materials pertaining to the anti-communism movement in the United States in the early 1960s. The professional papers...
Dates: 1802-1985, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS850
Scope and Content This collection contains four financial ledgers of Poulos Soda Company and the successor business as well as the business license and other related records. Included are sales, purchases, and salaries with amounts in dollars. Column headings are in Greek.
Collection number: ahc.MSS579f
Scope and Content This collection contains a ledger (cash book) belonging to H.L. Culberson showing amounts paid out for general household and living expenses. Included are the dates, the items, and the cost. Each month is tallied separately. The latter part of the book ca. 1906 contains the records of Culberson & Johnson and shows individuals' names in legal matters.
Collection number: ahc.MSS901
Scope and Content This collection contains one ledger sized address book and one accounting ledger having belonged to Henry Louis DeGive. The accounting ledger contains information on household expenses, taxes, bonds, dividends, and the estate of Laurent DeGive. The loose materials have been placed in a folder stored with the ledgers.
Dates: 1919-1943, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS58f
Scope and Content This is an account book of a Holcomb Oil Company service station located at 27 Houston Street in Atlanta, Georgia. It contains entries of customer names organized alphabetically by customer last name and includes lists of items purchased such as gasoline, oil, candy, and other consumables.
Collection number: ahc.MSS905f
Scope and Content This collection contains an account book providing a history of business and personal finances of Lewis Cottongim and other family members. The book includes lists of seeds sold, income, land sales, rental payments received, records of taxes paid, and other expenses. Also a part of the collection is correspondence between Lewis and his cousin Jack Steely, a realtor in St. Petersburg, Florida, regarding property ownership. Of special interest are details of vegetable and flower seed varieties...
Collection number: ahc.MSS876
Scope and Content This collection consists of one ledger, titled "Transfer Ledger Purchase and Private," dated 1904-1909, with the transactions listed under the names of companies and individuals.
Collection number: ahc.MSS430
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of the business records for the Rhodes Furniture Company. Included in the collection are financial records, acquisition papers, correspondence, ledgers, and cash books. There are also pension plan and tax return records.
Dates: 1900-1965, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS145
Scope and Content The majority of the Thomas Maguire papers revolves around plantation records from 1834 to 1876. There are two ledgers Maguire kept from 1834-1838, and 1838-1839 with chronological lists of purchases of various quantities of supplies. An account book from 1883 to 1884 contains similar information. A third account book belonged to John E. and James H.C. and recorded shipments of goods in rleation to their mill from 1879-1890. Another account book from 1850 is almost completely in short hand. In...
Collection number: ahc.MSS882f
Scope and Content The collection includes financial statements, checkbooks, and a music book. The financial statements detail items such as dental procedures, clothing costs, and Westminster tuition among other items. The music book contains fight songs played by university marching bands.
Dates: 1939-1963, undated
- Subject: Account books -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- A. J. Martin Hardware Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Academy for Contemporary Problems 1
- American Iron and Steel Institute 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Atlanta 2000, Inc. 1
- Atlanta Action Forum 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta Public Schools 1
- Atlanta Regional Commission 1
- Atlanta Steel Company 1
- Atlanta Steel Hoop Company 1
- Atlantic Steel Company 1
- Atlantic Steel Industries, Inc. 1
- Boyd's Beauty Shoppe (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cable Piano Company of Atlanta 1
- Capacity, Inc. 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Central Area Job Placement Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central Atlanta Improvement Association 1
- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. 1
- Central Marietta Street Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Charles Watts Broom Factory (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Civil War Centennial Commission of Illinois 1
- Civil War Round Table, Atlanta 1
- Confederate States of America. Ordnance Bureau 1
- Cottongim, Lewis H. 1
- Crockett Lumber Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crockett, David, 1881- 1
- Crockett, Ruth S. 1
- Culberson, H. L. (Hubert Leon) 1
- DeGive, Henry Louis, 1868-1948 1
- DeGive, Laurent 1
- Dewberry, L. Glenn 1
- Dixisteel Buildings, Inc. 1
- Dodson, John W. 1
- Downtown Development Authority (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 1
- DuBose, Beverly Means, 1886-1953 1
- Dubose, Beverly Means 1
- Edwards, Alma Gilreath 1
- Emory University 1
- Eplan, Leon S. 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fleming, Richard C. D. 1
- Fonts, Larry E. 1
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 1
- Gellerstedt, Lawrence L. 1
- Georgia (Ironclad) 1
- Georgia Business & Industry Association 1
- Georgia Downtown Development Association 1
- Georgia World Congress Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia. Militia 1
- Glenn, Thomas Kearney 1
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885 1
- Greater Atlanta for Annexation, Inc. 1
- Gregg, Robert 1
- Harris, Joe Frank 1
- Haverty Furniture Companies 1
- Haverty, James Joseph 1
- Holcomb Oil Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Downtown Association 1
- International Downtown Executives Association 1
- Ivaco, Inc. 1
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 1
- Johnson, Howard B. 1
- Jones, Boisfeuillet 1
- Junior League of Atlanta 1
- Kerksis, Sydney C. 1
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 1
- Ladies' Memorial Association 1
- Leak, John F. 1
- Lee, Robert E., (Robert Edward), 1807-1870 1
- Lewis H. Cottongim Seed Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Longstreet, James 1
- Lynch, Robert S. 1
- Maguire, Catherine 1
- Maguire, John E., 1840-1898 1
- Maguire, Thomas Jefferson, 1834-1861 1
- Maguire, Thomas, 1801-1886 1
- Martin, Albert J. 1
- McCarty, Reid 1
- McEver family 1
- McEver, William Horace, 1916-1998 1
- Midtown Business Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Minis, Helen 1
- Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railway 1
- National Bank of Georgia 1
- Nunn, Sam 1
- Nunnally Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Nunnally, James H. 1
- Park Central Communities, Inc. 1
- Perdue, Rhodes L. 1
- Poulos, George Aristides, 1891-1961 1
- Poulos, George Aristides, 1929- 1
- Poulos, Themis, 1923- 1 ∧ less