Skip to main content

Central Presbyterian Church records

Collection number: ahc.MSS354

Scope and Content

This collection is comprised of the records created by the Central Presbyterian Church. Included in the records are minutes, church histories, photographs, and programs.


  • 1858-1969


Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Presbyterian Church of Atlanta divided to form two churches in 1858, the First Presbyterian and the Central Presbyterian. The latter selected a site on Washington Street and a building was completed in February 1860. Reverand John L. Rogers, the first pastor of Central, served until 1863. Additional administrative information about the Central Presbyterian Church has not been determined.


14.05 linear ft. (12 document cases, 1 half document case, 6 record center boxes, and 1 oversize box)



Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1976 with subsequent additions.
Central Presbyterian Church records
Melanie Stephan
Language of description
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305