Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 62
Collection number: ahc.MSS266
Scope and Content This collection contains the ledger used by Dr. M.S. Browne, to record his patients and accounts, in Cassville, Georgia, 1881-1883. Also used many years later, 1917-1940s, by his daughter, Mrs. J.W. Chambers of Mississippi to record poultry operations and accounts of servants, neighbors, and other records of indebtedness.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1020
Scope and Content This collection contains primarily the personal and professional papers of Beverly Means DuBose, Jr. The bulk of the personal papers document DuBose's military service in the United States Navy. There is an assortment of training materials and periodicals issued by a variety of military agencies. Also included in this series are a few presentations given by DuBose and materials pertaining to the anti-communism movement in the United States in the early 1960s. The professional papers...
Dates: 1802-1985, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS38
Scope and Content These papers consist of business and personal papers, including correspondence and financial records of Elijah A. Brown, Sr. and some of Elijah A. Brown, Jr. In addition, ther are papers pertaining to several Brown Family members, including Governor Joseph E. Brown, Julius I. Brown, and Marcus J. Brown.
Dates: 1826-1965, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS443
Scope and Content This collection contains company records such as leases, financial reports, inventories, and tax returns. There are also stock certificates and transactions.
Dates: 1939-1942, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1123
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, business ledgers, production reports, recipes, and notes from Enrico A. Massa's pharmacy and extracts company E.A. Massa Extracts Inc. The collection also contains a 1940 program for the movie, Gone With The Wind. Of particular interest are Massa's recipes for extracts, fruit juices, and flavoring, as well as Massa's application to use alcohol in his extracts during prohibition. One recipe from 1901 is written in Italian.
Dates: 1901-1940, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS502
Scope and Content This collection contains program and roster booklets for the indicated years except 1960-1961, 1965-1966, 1967-1968, and 1968-1969. There is a "history" section which includes items dating from the inception of the Atlanta Chapter in 1944.
Dates: 1944-1988, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS453f
Scope and Content This collection contains receipts from furniture businesses in Macon, Georgia. The receipts were made out to customers including S. C. Stevens; Thomas A. Webb; W.H. Holley; and H. L. Ayres.
Collection number: ahc.MSS120f
Scope and Content This collection contains a ledger of the Atlanta law firm of Gartrell and Warren of fees paid and cases tried.
Collection number: ahc.MSS850
Scope and Content This collection contains four financial ledgers of Poulos Soda Company and the successor business as well as the business license and other related records. Included are sales, purchases, and salaries with amounts in dollars. Column headings are in Greek.
Collection number: ahc.MSS436
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of travel information pertaining to various cities throughout Georgia. Travel materials include books, pamphlets, postcards, tour maps, correspondence, and press releases. There are also organizational materials such as periodicals, publications, and special event programs.
Dates: 1957-1978, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS400
Scope and Content This collection consists of club yearbooks, pamphlets, programs, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1912-1961, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS293
Scope and Content This collection primarily contains ground rent receipts as well as some records pertaining to the original Kimball House.
Dates: 1884-1959, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS790
Scope and Content This collection consists of one ledger. The ledger contains day by day lists of checks issued for work done, money deposited, and merchandise sold to other hardware stores and to individuals.
Collection number: ahc.MSS403
Scope and Content This collection consists of organizational documents, programs, newspaper clippings, and membership information. There are also copies of reports presentated by Miss Tommie Dora Barker to members during club meetings.
Dates: 1884-1974, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1175
Scope and Content This collection contains business documents from the J. M. Alexander & Company hardware store. Materials include structural agreements; purchases made by Julia Touro Alexander; and client orders. Also included in the collection is correspondence from Frank Reagan, the company's treasurer, and company receipts. There is also a ledger of tenants recorded by R. B. Mitchell from the early 1890s. The relation of this document to the J. M. Alexander & Company has not been established.
Dates: 1891-1933, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS329
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of Williams family members letters, bills, and receipts beinginning in the 1820s to the turn of the century. There are three bound books: checkbook 1854, Williams company account book 1859, and scrapbook 1904-1905. There are also several Confederate bond receipts and checks, letters from the field, a parole, a bill of sale for a slave, and monthly subsistence papers. Other items include a fire insurance policy dated October 16, 1865; an invitation to Fanny...
Dates: 1820-1905, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS916f
Scope and Content This collection contains business receipts and transactions, business cards, correspondence, sympathy cards, paint and stain swatches, work ledgers, salesman booklets, a house construction invoice, and Civil Service Commission applications.
Dates: 1897-1959, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS125
Scope and Content Ephemeral items related to the Sons of Confederate Veterans (of which Jones was the national commander), the New York Life Insurance Company, and Central Presbyterian Church of Atlanta (where he served as a ruling elder). Of special interest are scripts and historical addresses from Atlanta’s Centennial Celebration in 1948 and an inscribed copy of Ivan Allen’s The Spirit of Atlanta (1948).
Collection number: ahc.MSS151
Scope and Content This collection contains business records, ephemera, and newspaper clippings pertaining to John E. McClelland's association with J. H. Hilsman and Company, Boys' High School, Emory University, and Bass Junior High School.
Collection number: ahc.MSS362
Scope and Content This collection primarily contains engraving and stationery samples from J.P. Stevens Engraving Company. Included are invitations for noteworthy events in Atlanta's history, such as an invitation to the fiftieth anniversary convention for the Coca-Cola Fountain Sales Corporation and an invitation to the opening of the Ponce de Leon Park. In addition, this collection contains documentation from the personal finances of J.P. Stevens including estate settlement documents such vouchers and...
Dates: 1894-1975, undated
- Subject: Business records -- Georgia X
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Kerksis, Sydney C. 2
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 2
- Sons of Confederate Veterans (Organization) 2
- 1900 Study Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Abercrombie family 1
- Alexander, Julius M. (Julius Mortimer), 1844- 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 1
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- American Legion 1
- American Legion Fulton County Post 134 (Fulton County, Ga.) 1
- American Radio Relay League 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Appler, David William 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 1
- Atlanta City Brewing Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civil Liberties Committee 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta History Center 1
- Atlanta National Bank Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Negro Voters League 1
- Atlanta Public Library. Ida Williams Branch 1
- Atlanta Transit Authority 1
- Atlanta University 1
- Atlanta Urban League 1
- Atlanta Women’s Golf Association 1
- Atlanta's Woman of the Year Organization (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlantic Brewing and Ice Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austell, Alfred, 1814-1881 1
- Aycock family 1
- Aycock, George W., Sr., 1846-1916 1
- Beck Steam Laundry Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Beck, Julius Frank 1
- Benning Coal Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Berry College 1
- Berry family 1
- Berry's and Company (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Berry, Henry R. 1
- Berry, John Marshall, 1835-1883 1
- Berry, John Marshall, 1872-1956 1
- Berry, Mary McChesney 1
- Berry, Varina 1
- Boys High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brown, Elijah Alexander, Sr. 1
- Brown, Joseph E. (Joseph Emerson), 1821-1894 1
- Browne, M. S., Dr. 1
- Buckhead Business and Development Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Building Material Merchants of Georgia 1
- Building Material Suppliers Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Burbank and Jones 1
- Busby, Dora Daniels 1
- Busby, James W., 1872-1936 1
- Butler Street YMCA (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cable Piano Company of Atlanta 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Central Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central of Georgia Railway 1
- Chambers, J. W., Mrs. 1
- Chattahoochee Brick Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Civil War Centennial Commission of Illinois 1
- Civil War Round Table, Atlanta 1
- Civitan International 1
- Cleage, Pearl 1
- Clinton, W. T. 1
- Confederate States of America. Ordnance Bureau 1
- Controllers Institute of America 1
- Copenhill Land Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crockett Lumber Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crockett, David, 1881- 1
- Crockett, Ruth S. 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Dodson, John W. 1
- Dortch, Mattie 1
- Draper, Jesse 1
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 1
- DuBose, Beverly Means, 1886-1953 1
- Dubose, Beverly Means 1
- Duckworth family 1
- Emory University 1
- Empire State Oil Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- English, James W., Jr. 1
- Evans, Paul 1
- Evans, Todd 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Farrakhan, Louis 1
- Ferguson, Tom 1
- Financial Executives Institute. Atlanta Chapter 1
- Forward Atlanta Commission 1 ∧ less