Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Collection number: ahc.MSS1132
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, yearbooks, minutes, and financial reports that provide a social and civic history of the club. Scrapbooks offer details about programs, neighborhood projects, and flower shows. Of special interest are scrapbook images of members' gardens and neighborhood islands.
Collection number: ahc.VIS276
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the park in Brookwood Hills including the playground, picnic and pool areas during restoration work by the club. Images show playground structures, picnic tables, planters, stone steps, as well as trees, shrubs, and other plants. Also a part of the collection are photographs of the club's Christmas decorations inside Rhodes Memorial Hall, Atlanta, Georgia. Of particular interest are club members and children shown during park workdays and events.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1087
Scope and Content This collection contains documents that provide a history of the social and civic activities of the club. Materials include clippings, correspondence, histories, minutes, and yearbooks. Scrapbooks offer more details on programs, projects, and club interests on a wide variety of gardening topics. Of special interest are scrapbook images of Cascade Road from approximately 1939.
Collection number: ahc.MSS591
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists primarily of the records of Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. The collection includes a small amount of material (1929-1952) from predecessor organizations: Central Atlanta Improvement Association, Greater Atlanta for Annexation, Inc, and the Central Marietta Street Association. The collection also includes early correspondence regarding the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railroad and the construction of viaducts and bridges in downtown Atlanta in the 1920s and...
Collection number: ahc.MSS650
Scope and Content This collection contains minutes, newsletters, yearbooks, histories, and president's notebooks that document the civic and social history of the club. President's notebooks include correspondence, minutes, newsletters, reports, financial records, and membership information. Also a part of the collection are scrapbooks which illustrate the club's many projects including two scrapbooks devoted to the "Christmas Trees Around the World" project and a scrapbook devoted to the restoration project of...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1189
Scope and Content This collection contains one bound scrapbook created by the Deep Dene Garden Club that details the civic and social activities of the club. Material includes poems, yearbooks, correspondence, clippings, drawings, and photographs that illustrate the club's garden interests and projects. The scrapbook clippings focus on flower arrangment and home decor.
Collection number: ahc.MSS997
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, client proposals, financial records, plant lists, project notes, and research notes that document Daugherty's landscape architecture career. Material includes a broad range of projects, such as private gardens, corporate headquarters, schools and cultural institutions. Also a part of the collection are correspondence, notes, reports, and case studies from professional organizations and committee work. Included are items from the Atlanta street tree...
Collection number: ahc.MSS654
Scope and Content This collection contains reports, correspondence, and clippings that document the activities of the association. Included in the collection is a landscape planting report by the Federal Bureau of Public Roads that details the planting goals of the project. These materials illustrate the coordinated effort between the association, local landscape architects, and state and federal highway departments.
Collection number: ahc.MSS672
Scope and Content This collection contains histories, minutes, and correspondence that document the history of the social and civic activities of the club. Scrapbooks provide further detail on the programs and projects of the club. One scrapbook is devoted to the Expressway Beautification Association project that the club participated in from 1952 to 1956. Also a part of the collection are scrapbooks describing the club's support of the Eventide Home for Elderly Women. Much material highlights the club's...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1086
Scope and Content This collection contains materials that provide a history of the social and civic activities of the club. Included are correspondence, directories, and newsletters. Of special interest are letters describing the interest and support of the first state botanical garden for Georgia in 1938.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1083
Scope and Content This collection contains one scrapbook that describes the social and civic activities of the club. Documents include photographs, newsletters, clippings, and one yearbook. Of note are items highlighting the club's community beautification efforts located in the Merry Hills neighborhood and the Toco Hills Shopping Center on North Druid Hills Road.
Collection number: ahc.VIS348
Scope and Content This collection contains various types of landscape architectural drawings that document a history of park planning by Park Pride. Drawings include hand-colored renderings, pencil sketches, design and conceptual plans as well as master plans that provide details of park vision plans. Also a part of the collection are plans that highlight community input and priorities. Many of the drawings were created by Walt Ray, landscape architect and former director of park visioning for Park Pride.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1158
Scope and Content This collection contains minutes, clippings, and a report providing details of Atlanta parks prior to the creation of Park Pride. Also included in the collection are conceptual and master park plans and visioning reports which document the work of Park Pride and the communities with which they partner. Periodicals published by Park Pride as well as conference materials from annual meetings hosted by Park Pride are also a part of the collection.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1061
Scope and Content This collection contains materials that document the social and civic history of the club. Several of the club's beautification projects are detailed and scrapbooks provide further information on the gardening topics studied such as the effects of automobile exhaust on gardens, soybeans, and soil lead poisoning.
Collection number: ahc.MSS681
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains minutes, committee reports, financial statements, membership information, and correspondence that documents the civic and social activities of the club. Materials from Presidents Brenda Dreyer and Dean Smith comprise a substantial section of the collection from the years 1999 to 2003. Also in the collection are scrapbooks as well as GCA manuals and meeting programs from the GCA Annual and Zone Meetings beginning with 1932. A large amount of material details the GCA Zone...
Collection number: ahc.MSS680
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection includes histories, minutes, yearbooks, and scrapbooks documenting the Club's membership meetings, civic and social activities, as well as special projects.
- Subject: Urban beautification -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta History Center 2
- Butts, Norman C. 2
- Expressway Beautification Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Garden Club of America 2
- Lenox Park Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Martini, Eugene R. 2
- Park Pride (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Smith, Frank A. 2
- Academy for Contemporary Problems 1
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 1
- Ansley Park Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cemetery 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs 1
- Atlanta 2000, Inc. 1
- Atlanta Action Forum 1
- Atlanta Botanical Garden 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta Flower Show Association 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta Public Schools 1
- Atlanta Regional Commission 1
- Atlanta Zoo 1
- Brookwood Hills Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Capacity, Inc. 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Cascade Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central Area Job Placement Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central Atlanta Improvement Association 1
- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. 1
- Central Marietta Street Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cherokee Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cherokee Garden Library (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- Deep Dene Garden Club (Atlanta Ga.) 1
- Downtown Development Authority (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Eplan, Leon S. 1
- Eventide Home (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Faust, Conrad E. 1
- Fleming, Richard C. D. 1
- Fonts, Larry E. 1
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 1
- Garden Club of Georgia. 1
- Gardens for Peace (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gellerstedt, Lawrence L. 1
- Georgia Business & Industry Association 1
- Georgia Downtown Development Association 1
- Georgia World Congress Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Greater Atlanta for Annexation, Inc. 1
- Harris, Joe Frank 1
- Hastings, Donald M. 1
- Hughes, Peggy F. 1
- International Downtown Association 1
- International Downtown Executives Association 1
- Jackson, Maynard 1
- Jones, Boisfeuillet 1
- Leak, John F. 1
- Men's Garden Club of Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Merry Hills (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Merry Hills Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Midtown Business Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railway 1
- Neely, Jean H. 1
- Nunn, Sam 1
- Park Central Communities, Inc. 1
- Peachtree Dunwoody Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Planters Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Ray, Walt 1
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 1
- Resurgens Atlanta 1
- SRI International 1
- Simons, George I. 1
- Southeastern Flower Show 1
- Sugarman, Jule M. 1
- Swan House (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Swan Woods (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Sweat, Dan E. 1
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 1
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 1
- University of Georgia. College of Environment & Design 1
- Young, Andrew 1 ∧ less