Deep Dene Garden Club scrapbook
Scope and Content
This collection contains one bound scrapbook created by the Deep Dene Garden Club that details the civic and social activities of the club. Material includes poems, yearbooks, correspondence, clippings, drawings, and photographs that illustrate the club's garden interests and projects. The scrapbook clippings focus on flower arrangment and home decor.
- Majority of material found within 1940 - 1949
- Deep Dene Garden Club (Atlanta Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The Deep Dene Garden Club was formed in 1940 in Atlanta, Georgia. The club's goal was to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening, flower gardening, and flower arrangement among amateurs to aid in the protection of native trees, plants, birds, and to encourage civic beautification. The club was governed by elected leaders, such as president, vice-president, and recording secretary. The club's motto was "The groves were God's first temples," their club flower was the thistle and club colors were pink and lavender. The club's main civic project was the maintenance of Deep Dene Park, located on Ponce de Leon Avenue and designed by the Olmsted brothers.
1.75 linear ft. (one oversize box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2019.
- Atlanta Flower Show Association
- Deep Dene Garden Club (Atlanta Ga.)
- Deep Dene Park (Atlanta Ga.)
- Druid Hills (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Floral decorations -- Georgia
- Flower arrangement -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Flower shows -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Garden Club of Georgia.
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Societies, etc.
- Holiday decorations
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Table setting and decoration -- Georgia
- Urban beautification -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs
- Women gardeners -- Georgia
- Deep Dene Garden Club scrapbook
- Serena McCracken
- July 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.