Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection number: ahc.MSS524
Scope and Content This collection consists of research files created by Anne Edwards while writing her book Road to Tara: the life of Margaret Mitchell. Included are correspondence; copies of newspaper and magazine articles; questionnaires; galley proofs; transcripts and original audiocassette tapes of interviews; and notecards containing information about Margaret Mitchell's life and other subjects pertaining to Edwards' book.
Collection number: ahc.MSS158
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, speeches and articles, student records, professional papers, and scrapbooks related to Eugene Mitchell.
Collection number: ahc.VIS208
Scope and Content This collection contains cabinet cards collected by John W. Grant. Seventeen of the mounted photographs are of classmates of Grant's from the University of Georgia (1885-1888). These images include Eugene M. Mitchell (1885), Charles F. Rice (1886), and Lucian L. Knight (1886). Another image from Grant's college years shows group of debate students posed after a debate in 1884. Other images include a boy with a chihuahua and a view of a carriage with four horses and footmen outside a...
Collection number: ahc.MSS978
Scope and Content The Margaret Mitchell House Archives contains, correspondence, publications, and manuscript material pertaining to Margaret Mitchell, her family, and her publisher, Harold S. Latham; the publication of Gone With the Wind and the movie premiere in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS211
Scope and Content This collection consists of photographs, postcards, greeting cards, ambrotypes, tintypes, daguerreotypes, albumen prints, cyanotypes, and negatives of the Menefee-Timmons-Mitchell families. Also included are images of related families including the Benedicts, the Middletons, the Seamans, the Hunnicutts, the Sweets, and the Deakins. There are images from family trips to St. Simons Island, Georgia, and Tallulah Falls, Georgia, as well as images from El Paso, Texas, where Jessie and Russell C....
Collection number: ahc.MSS448
Scope and Content This collection contains real estate documents, title searches, indexes to land transfer, and index of deeds to lands in Fulton County recorded before 1854. The bulk of the collection is abstracts of title to real estate in the Atlanta area.
Collection number: ahc.MSS159
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, reminiscences, financial records, postcards, school records, court records, and newspaper clippings belonging to Stephens Mitchell. Also included is a scrapbook containing newspaper articles about the Mitchell family in Atlanta, and a handwritten manuscript by author Margaret Mitchell that was published in the Atlanta Historical Bulletin.
- Names: Mitchell, Eugene Muse X
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century 2
- Dogs 2
- Law -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Abstracts of title -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African Americans -- Georgia 1
- Athens (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Authors, American -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Children -- 1860-1870 1
- Children -- 1880-1890 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1880-1890 1
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 20th century 1
- Commercial documents -- Georgia 1
- Dwellings -- Georgia 1
- Fraternal organizations -- Georgia -- Athens 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gone with the wind (Motion picture : 1939) 1
- Historic buildings -- Georgia 1
- Historic districts -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Land titles -- Georgia 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- Georgia 1
- Legal instruments -- Georgia 1
- Office buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Palmetto (Ga.) 1
- Portrait photography 1
- Real estate business -- Georgia 1
- Saint Cloud (France) 1
- Saint Simons Island (Ga.) 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Suresnes (France) 1
- Tallulah Falls (Ga.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction 1
- Ville-d'Avray (France) 1 ∧ less