Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 33
Collection number: ahc.VIS125
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of images of the early development of Ansley Park in Atlanta, Georgia. The photographs were taken by an unidentified photographer. Mr. Solon Zachery Ruff, who was the development’s civil engineer, can be seen, along with images of the home of Amos Rhodes (now Rhodes Hall). Mr Ruff is identified as “papa” on some of the images. One of the images is of an auction of lots in Ansley Park.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1132
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, yearbooks, minutes, and financial reports that provide a social and civic history of the club. Scrapbooks offer details about programs, neighborhood projects, and flower shows. Of special interest are scrapbook images of members' gardens and neighborhood islands.
Dates: 1953-2015, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1046
Scope and Content This collection consists of papers related to Arnall T. Connell's tenure as a professor in the College of Architecture at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in Atlanta, Georgia. Student papers written by Connell's graduate students form the largest portion of the collection. The papers cover a large array of Atlanta-related subjects, including neighborhoods and their histories, historic preservation of buildings and homes, renovation and repurposing ideas for historic...
Dates: 1894-1994, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS93
Scope and Contents This collection contains postcards that depict scenes in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. Most of the images are of man-made structures in Atlanta including Agnes Scott College, Atlanta Municipal Airport (now Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport), Biltmore Hotel, Booker T. Washington High School, Bulloch Hall, Candler Building, Capitol City Club, City Hall, Clark College (now Clark Atlanta University), Atlanta Cyclorama at Grant Park, English-American (Flatiron) Building, Fort McPherson,...
Dates: 1899-1990, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS276
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the park in Brookwood Hills including the playground, picnic and pool areas during restoration work by the club. Images show playground structures, picnic tables, planters, stone steps, as well as trees, shrubs, and other plants. Also a part of the collection are photographs of the club's Christmas decorations inside Rhodes Memorial Hall, Atlanta, Georgia. Of particular interest are club members and children shown during park workdays and events.
Dates: 1974-1982, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS648
Scope and Content This collection contains minutes, reports, yearbooks, and correspondence that document the civic and social activities of the club. Minutes also include membership and financial reports. Scrapbooks detail the club's programs, flower shows, and civic projects. Three of the scrapbooks are devoted to the club's restoration of Brookwood Hills Park in the 1970s.
Dates: 1938-1988, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS247
Scope and Content This collection contains aerial and street views of the Buckhead, downtown, and Midtown areas of Atlanta, Georgia. Included are images of Buckhead restaurants such as OK Cafe and Buckhead Diner. Also featured are the Atlanta History Center's Swan House, Lenox Square Mall, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System, Underground Atlanta, the Georgia Dome, The Fox Theatre, High Museum of Art, The Varsity, Piedmont Park, and Clark College (later named Clark Atlanta University). Other images include...
Dates: 1972-1998, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1022
Scope and Content This collection is comprised primarily of materials created in preparation of and during the Cotton States and International Exposition of 1895. The bulk of the collection is programs and publications that detail daily events and highlight exposition participants. Of particular interest is a series of souvenirs collected by individuals that attended the exposition as well as postcards and a pass issued for an employee of the Atlanta Journal with his...
Dates: 1895-1896, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1189
Scope and Content This collection contains one bound scrapbook created by the Deep Dene Garden Club that details the civic and social activities of the club. Material includes poems, yearbooks, correspondence, clippings, drawings, and photographs that illustrate the club's garden interests and projects. The scrapbook clippings focus on flower arrangment and home decor.
Dates: 1940-1990; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1949
Collection number: ahc.VIS46
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs, prints, and postcards collected by Dr. Amey Chappell. The images depict people in Atlanta, Georgia, or unidentified areas in Georgia. Included in the collection is one printed panorama view of the May 21, 1917 Atlanta Fire; one Currier and Ives lithograph depicting the capture of Atlanta during the Civil War; one postcard depicting the Tallulah Apartment at 87 Washington Street, circa 1905; one souvenir postcard booklet of Atlanta; and twelve photographs....
Collection number: ahc.VIS207
Scope and Content This collection contains drawings of projects including private gardens, corporate clients, schools, cultural institutions, large developments, parks, and cemeteries. Notable projects are the Atlanta Historical Society (Atlanta History Center), Atlanta Botanical Garden, Coca-Cola Headquarters Complex, Piedmont Hospital, Agnes Scott College, Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and a large cross section of private residences in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta. Also a part of...
Dates: 1928-2013, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS10f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, budgets, minutes, and a roster of members of the Fulton County Botanical Garden Commission. Correspondence includes discussion of the development of both the botanical garden and an airport in the same vicinity, now known as Fulton County Airport-Brown Field.
Dates: 1946-1952, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS145
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographs taken by Fred L. Howe at the Cotton States and International Exposition. Photographs in the collection contain images of buildings and grounds, and exhibitions featuring advances in transportation, electricity, forestry, agriculture, and art. Other photographs of exhibitions feature Confederate history, African American and Native American culture and history, and the Liberty Bell on loan from the city of Philadelphia. The collection also illustrates...
Collection number: ahc.MSS943
Scope and Content The records include by-laws, articles of incorporation, correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, and clippings documenting various projects and concerns on behalf of the Park.
Dates: 1984-1990; Majority of material found within 1988 - 1989
Collection number: ahc.VIS240
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings and photographic prints that landscape architect G. Eric Harkness produced between 1954 and 1994. A variety of projects are represented such as city planning, commercial and residential properties, parks and urban renewal developments. Of special interest are drawings and plans for Alpine Village of Helen, Georgia.
Dates: 1954-1994, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1059
Scope and Content This collection consists of one scrapbook concerning the Memorial Forest project carried out by the Atlanta Public Schools. Included in the scrapbooks are photos, correspondence, and clippings providing details of the project.
Collection number: ahc.VIS130
Scope and Contents of the Records Included in this collection are slides and photographs of geographic locations, events, and transportation in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. The collection contains images of downtown Atlanta, including aerial views, government buildings, private residences, parks, street scenes, railroads, as well as photographs depicting poverty and sub-standard housing. The photographs of Herbert H. Lee are an excellent resource for those interested in the subject of urban renewal, and the post-World War...
Dates: 1919- 1968, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS253
Scope and Content This collection contains photographic prints and negatives that document the social and civic activities of the club. Meetings, floral arrangements, and garden scenes are part of the material. Some of the floral arrangements were from club members' participation in local flower shows. Also included are photographs of the club's landscaping project at the Iris Garden and Woodland Glen in Winn Park, Atlanta. Of special interest are photographs of the club's Orchard Terrace project at the...
Dates: approximately 1930-1963, undated
Collection number: ahcVIS369
Scope and Content This collection contains black and white photographs of construction scenes in downtown Atlanta by J.E. "Ned" Mellett Jr. They were submitted to the 1949 Atlanta Historical Society Historical Photographic Exhibition in partnership with the Dixie Camera Club under the category "construction." Additional photographs include scenes of Atlanta Zoo and activities such as tennis, baseball, and swimming in Piedmont Park, Grant Park, and Lakewood Park.
Collection number: ahc.VIS214
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of downtown Atlanta, Georgia taken by Joseph Brown, a citizen of Atlanta. Included are images of buildings such as the Equitable Building, Hurt Building, Trust Company building, and William Oliver building. Other photographs include images of Forsyth Theatre, Oakland Cemetery, Central City Park and Peachtree Street.
- Subject: Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta Historical Society 3
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 3
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 2
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Public Schools 2
- Atlanta Zoo 2
- Brookwood Hills Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Park Pride (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Sanders, Carl, 1925-2014 2
- Turner, Ted 2
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 1
- Agnes Scott College 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 1
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 1
- Alston, Cotten (Robert Cotten, III), 1945- 1
- Alston, Philip H., Jr., 1911-1988 1
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 1
- Ansley Park Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Arnett, Bill 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Education 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cemetery 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Conservatory of Music (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Constitution Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Flower Show Association 1
- Atlanta Hawks (Basketball team) 1
- Atlanta Memorial Park (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Market (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Public Library 1
- Atlanta Rhythm Section (Musical group) 1
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra 1
- Atlanta Union Mission (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta University Center (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austin, Paul 1
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Beene, Geoffrey 1
- Bell, Griffin B., 1918-2009 1
- Bourne, Geoffrey H. (Geoffrey Howard), 1909-1988 1
- Brown, Joseph 1
- Bunnen, Lucinda 1
- Busbee, George, 1927-2004 1
- Byrd, Harry Floyd 1
- Cain, Mrs. 1
- Callaway, Virginia Hand 1
- Candler Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Candler, Asa Griggs, 1851-1929 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carr, Julian Shakespeare 1
- Carter, Billy 1
- Carter, Lillian, 1898-1983 1
- Carter, Rosalynn 1
- Chambers, Anne Cox, 1919- 1
- Chappell, Amey, Dr. 1
- Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clark Atlanta University 1
- Coca-Cola Company 1
- Collier, Charles A. 1
- Connell, Arnall T. (Arnall Turner) 1
- Counts, Charles 1
- Cox College (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Crook, Lewis Edmund, Jr. 1
- Currier & Ives 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- Deep Dene Garden Club (Atlanta Ga.) 1
- Dixie Camera Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Eventide Home (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Expressway Beautification Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 1
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Frangiamore, Roy 1
- Franklin, Shirley, 1945- 1
- Friends of Piedmont Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills 1
- Fulton County (Ga.). Botanical Garden Commission 1
- Fulton County Airport-Brown Field 1
- Fulton County Botanical Garden (Ga.) 1
- Garden Club of Georgia. 1
- General (Steam locomotive) 1
- Georgia Institute of Technology 1
- Georgia Power Company 1
- Georgia School of Technology 1
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia World Congress Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady, Henry Woodfin, 1850-1889 1
- Grant Field (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hall, Van 1
- Hamilton, Grace Towns, 1907-1992 1
- Harkness, G. Eric (George Eric) 1 ∧ less