Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 62
Collection number: ahc.MSS25f
Scope and Content The documents in this collection pertain to companies owned by Julius Beck; the Troy Steam Laundry Company and the Beck Steam Laundry Company. This collection includes: J. Frank Beck’s stock certificates; articles of agreement for building the Troy Steam Laundry; contract signed by George E. Murphy and William H. Venable in which they agree to construct the Troy Steam Laundry building on Houston Street; account balance for work on laundry building signed by Walter T. Downing; accounting...
Dates: 1889, 1897
Collection number: ahc.MSS738
Scope and Content This collection consists of two ledger books used by Kiser, Moore, Draper and Company from 1893-1896 and 1904-1933.
Collection number: ahc.MSS392
Scope and Content The bulk of this collection is comprised of club rosters and a few programs.
Dates: 1941-1979, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS711f
Scope and Content This collection contains a three dollar discount coupon produced by Mark W. Johnson & Woodruff Seedsmen, Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1077
Scope and Content This collection contains business documents generated and collected by the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce. The bulk of the material is meeting minutes created by the Chamber and its various councils. There are also publications of the Chamber, administrative and institutional records, and various documents describing the establishment of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), airports in Atlanta, and the Atlanta Region Metropolitan Planning Commission. Material includes...
Dates: 1883-2012, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS448
Scope and Content This collection contains real estate documents, title searches, indexes to land transfer, and index of deeds to lands in Fulton County recorded before 1854. The bulk of the collection is abstracts of title to real estate in the Atlanta area.
Collection number: ahc.MSS405
Scope and Content This collection consists of club minutes, membership lists, newspaper clippings, and organizational documents.
Dates: 1909-1967, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS408
Scope and Content This collection contains minutes books as well as event programs and membership information.
Dates: 1912-1952, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS460
Scope and Content This collection contains material pertaining to Dean S. Paden's enlistment in the army during World War I and the King Hardware Company. Personal papers included in the collection are his enlistment application, correspondence, and a diary. Materials pertaining to King Hardware include financial records, legal documents, and correspondence.
Dates: 1910-1974, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS789
Scope and Content This collection consists of a ledger book from Pages' Grocery and Hardware Store. Each entry in the ledger consists of an account number, creditor's name, items purchased, and price.
Collection number: ahc.MSS169
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, bank books, receipts, advertisements, and legal documents from Richard Peters and members of his family. Most of the collection consists of receipts and vouchers of Richard Peters' Estate. There are also substantial records of Richard's agricultural work in raising and selling livestock. Other materials include letters between family members, legal documents on land sales, pamphlets on the Butterfly Club, an insurance card, and advertisements for...
Dates: 1848-1965, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS430
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of the business records for the Rhodes Furniture Company. Included in the collection are financial records, acquisition papers, correspondence, ledgers, and cash books. There are also pension plan and tax return records.
Dates: 1900-1965, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS119
Scope and Content The bulk of the materials in the Rosalie Howell papers document Howell's career as a Red Cross nurse during World War I and her subsequent world travel. Items include a scrapbook; correspondence with former patients; official Red Cross documents; clippings concerning her receipt of the Croix de Guerre from the French government; and travel books, postcards, and ephemera (primarily from the United Kingdom). The collection has material about, or created by, other members of the Howell family;...
Dates: 1880-1970, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS366
Scope and Content This collection is primarily meeting reports and other documents pertaining to the organization of the South-Eastern Underwriters Association.
Dates: 1882-1971, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1015
Scope and Content This collection contains corporate records of Southline Press, and includes advertising and administrative records, published articles, and research files. Advertising records include advertising copy, sales records, advertising rates, and sales invoices. Administrative records contain budgets, contracts, reader surveys, and correspondence of Southline publisher Todd Evans. The remainder of the collection consists of drafts and copies of articles published in...
Dates: 1959-1988, undated; Majority of material found within 1985 - 1988
Collection number: ahc.MSS780
Scope and Content This collection consists of one ledger book from the dry goods business owned by the Strickland family in Cumming, Georgia. The first part of the book lists who bought merchandise. The second part lists what the store owners bought from other merchants. This ledger also includes information regarding gold mine expenses in Forsyth County.
Collection number: ahc.MSS762
Scope and Content This collection contains a number of Kersis' original manuscripts and the supporting research and correspondence as well as published copies of other articles.
Collection number: ahc.MSS90
Scope and Content This collection contains business, financial, and organizational records gathered by Thomas E. Foster. Most items document his participation in various Atlanta social, civic, and business clubs. Materials include meeting minutes, memos, rosters, handbooks, correspondence, directories, and newsletters.
Dates: 1940-1963, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS755
Scope and Content This collection consists of two ledger books: one belonging to W. T. Clinton and one belonging to W. M. Moore of Moore, Marsh, and Company. Also included is a scrapbook belonging to W. T. Clinton which also contains a ledger at the back of the scrapbook.
Dates: 1876-1881, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS156
Scope and Content The collection is primarily a series of correspondence and documents relating to William McNaught’s business interests; and a limited collection of personal correspondence between family members. The business records document ordinary business activities as well as the effects of the Civil War on his commerce. Several letters document the difficulties collecting funds from debtors after the Civil War. During the Civil War William McNaught with a group of investors formed the Fulton Exporting...
- Subject: Business records -- Georgia X
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Kerksis, Sydney C. 2
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 2
- Sons of Confederate Veterans (Organization) 2
- 1900 Study Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Abercrombie family 1
- Alexander, Julius M. (Julius Mortimer), 1844- 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 1
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- American Legion 1
- American Legion Fulton County Post 134 (Fulton County, Ga.) 1
- American Radio Relay League 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Appler, David William 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 1
- Atlanta City Brewing Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civil Liberties Committee 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta History Center 1
- Atlanta National Bank Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Negro Voters League 1
- Atlanta Public Library. Ida Williams Branch 1
- Atlanta Transit Authority 1
- Atlanta University 1
- Atlanta Urban League 1
- Atlanta Women’s Golf Association 1
- Atlanta's Woman of the Year Organization (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlantic Brewing and Ice Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austell, Alfred, 1814-1881 1
- Aycock family 1
- Aycock, George W., Sr., 1846-1916 1
- Beck Steam Laundry Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Beck, Julius Frank 1
- Benning Coal Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Berry College 1
- Berry family 1
- Berry's and Company (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Berry, Henry R. 1
- Berry, John Marshall, 1835-1883 1
- Berry, John Marshall, 1872-1956 1
- Berry, Mary McChesney 1
- Berry, Varina 1
- Boys High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brown, Elijah Alexander, Sr. 1
- Brown, Joseph E. (Joseph Emerson), 1821-1894 1
- Browne, M. S., Dr. 1
- Buckhead Business and Development Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Building Material Merchants of Georgia 1
- Building Material Suppliers Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Burbank and Jones 1
- Busby, Dora Daniels 1
- Busby, James W., 1872-1936 1
- Butler Street YMCA (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cable Piano Company of Atlanta 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Central Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central of Georgia Railway 1
- Chambers, J. W., Mrs. 1
- Chattahoochee Brick Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Civil War Centennial Commission of Illinois 1
- Civil War Round Table, Atlanta 1
- Civitan International 1
- Cleage, Pearl 1
- Clinton, W. T. 1
- Confederate States of America. Ordnance Bureau 1
- Controllers Institute of America 1
- Copenhill Land Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crockett Lumber Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crockett, David, 1881- 1
- Crockett, Ruth S. 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Dodson, John W. 1
- Dortch, Mattie 1
- Draper, Jesse 1
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 1
- DuBose, Beverly Means, 1886-1953 1
- Dubose, Beverly Means 1
- Duckworth family 1
- Emory University 1
- Empire State Oil Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- English, James W., Jr. 1
- Evans, Paul 1
- Evans, Todd 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Farrakhan, Louis 1
- Ferguson, Tom 1
- Financial Executives Institute. Atlanta Chapter 1
- Forward Atlanta Commission 1 ∧ less