Sydney C. Kerksis papers
Scope and Content
This collection contains a number of Kersis' original manuscripts and the supporting research and correspondence as well as published copies of other articles.
- Kerksis, Sydney C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Sydney C. Kerksis was a Chief Warrant Officer, U.S. Army, Retired, and a Fellow of the Company of Military Historians. In addition to being an avid collector and purveyor of U.S. Civil War military items (particularly Confederate items) and military books, Kerksis was a prolific writer.
2 linear ft. ((who knows)?)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 1975, with subsequent additions
This collection was processed in 2014.
- Authors, American -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Business records -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Collectors and collecting
- Confederate States of America -- History, Military
- Military history
- Military supplies
- Military uniforms
- Money -- Confederate States of America
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Collectibles
- Sydney C. Kerksis papers
- Josh Hogan
- June 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.