Paden, Northen, Duckworth family papers
Scope and Content
This collection contains material pertaining to Dean S. Paden's enlistment in the army during World War I and the King Hardware Company. Personal papers included in the collection are his enlistment application, correspondence, and a diary. Materials pertaining to King Hardware include financial records, legal documents, and correspondence.
- 1910-1974, undated
- Paden family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Dean S. Paden was born in Clarkston, Georgia and served in the armed forces during World War I. He became president of King Hardware in 1934, after the death of founder George E. King. He became chairman of the board in 1953. Additional biographical information about Dean S. Paden is not available.
2.04 linear ft. (one document case, one half document case, and one oversize box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Business records -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Duckworth family
- Georgia -- Genealogy
- King Hardware Company (Atlanta, Ga.) -- Records and correspondence
- Northen family
- Paden family
- Paden, Dean S. -- Correspondence
- Paden, Dean S. -- Diaries
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia
- World War, 1914-1918
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American
- Paden, Northern, Duckworth family papers
- Melanie Stephan
- August 2012
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.