Thomas E. Foster papers
Scope and Content
This collection contains business, financial, and organizational records gathered by Thomas E. Foster. Most items document his participation in various Atlanta social, civic, and business clubs. Materials include meeting minutes, memos, rosters, handbooks, correspondence, directories, and newsletters.
- 1940-1963, undated
- Foster, Thomas, 1892-1970 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Thomas Eldridge Foster (1892-1970) was an Atlanta businessman who worked during the mid 20th century. He was married to Ella Aimer Foster (1895-1973), and they had one son, Thomas Eldridge Foster Jr. (1918-?). The Senior Foster was active in multiple professional organizations, including the Building Merchants of Georgia, the Buckhead Business and Development Association, the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, the Buckhead Century Club, the Buckhead Fifty Club, the Civitan Club of Buckhead, and the Hoo-Hoo Club. He died on September 20, 1970.
0.417 linear ft. (one document case)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was reprocessed in 2016.
- Buckhead (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Buckhead Business and Development Association (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Building Material Merchants of Georgia
- Building Material Suppliers Association (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Business records -- Georgia
- Financial statements -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- International Concatenated Order of Hoo-Hoo. Atlanta Club (Ga.)
- Societies -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Thomas E. Foster papers
- Andrew Beck
- May 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.