Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 42
Collection number: ahc.MSS966
Scope and Content Correspondence, military service documents, and United States Army manuals form the bulk of this collection. The correspondence documents the service of an officer in the U.S. Army in the United States and France during World War I. The collection also contains copies of Army issued newspapers, The Stars and Stripes, The Hour Glass of the Seventh Division, and The Pontanezen Duckboard. Also...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1014
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence, awards and ceremony programs, and scrapbooks collected by the Allen family. The bulk of the collection pertains to Ivan Allen, Sr. and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s business, civic, and political affairs. Ivan Allen, Sr.'s state senate campaign and election, and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s mayoral campaign and election, and both father and son's work with various charities and civic minded associations are included. Of note are the numerous scrapbooks...
Collection number: ahc.MSS843f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence between Carroll and his parents written during the months before and after he was injured in a truck accident. It also contains inquiries written by his father, W.R.C. Smith, to find out information about his son from military leadership, American Red Cross personnel, and other Atlanta publishers. Material also includes newspaper clippings gathered by Carroll's sister that recount his homecoming as well as clippings regarding W.R.C. Smith and his...
Collection number: ahc.MSS30
Scope and Content These papers consist of Army documents, correspondence, and newspaper clippings from General Bailey's military career, personal life, and academic and military education.
Collection number: ahc.MSS71F
Scope and Content This collection consists of newspaper clippings, letters, notes and other ephemera pertaining to the life and death of Joseph Brown Connally. The collection includes a letter notifying Connally of his election to the Governor’s Horse Guard in 1897, his commission certificate from the Georgia State Troops in 1902, special orders from the National Guard in 1913 and from Fort McPherson in 1917. It also contains notes and poems written about the life of Joseph Brown Connally, after his death in...
Collection number: ahc.VIS164
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains portraits of members of four generations of the Carlisle family of Atlanta, Georgia. Also included are photographs that depict activities such as sporting events and summer camp. Photographs of family members include James and Mary Carlisle, and two of their children, Isaac and Annie May. Among the identified photographs are images of the children of Isaac and Laura Carlisle; William Rhodes Carlisle, I. Reed Carlisle, and Harry B. Carlisle. Photographs of members of a...
Collection number: ahc.MSS117f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence from Charles Schley Gardner, one as a young man in 1907 and fourteen from his military service in France during World War I, dated 1918-1919. In addition, Gardner’s papers include his military identification card from 1917, Red Cross Christmas seals from 1918, certificates from college and the military, and newspaper clippings that follow his later life to his death in 1950. The bulk of the collection is Gardner’s correspondence home addressed to his...
Collection number: ahc.MSS48
Scope and Content This collection includes scrapbooks maintained by Constance Spalding Anderson, as well as school papers, an autograph book, records relating to Baptist churches in Atlanta, and invitations and greeting cards.
Collection number: ahc.MSS76
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, memoirs, military records, diaries, and newspaper clippings relating to the Crumley and Berry families of Atlanta, Georgia. Correspondence from William Greg Crumley to his parents includes letters, telegrams and postcards written while he was stationed in France, England and Belgium during World War I. He described personal illnesses, travels during leave, and the duties of a medical officer. He noted how to care for soldiers who had been exposed to...
Collection number: ahc.MSS355
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, and scrapbooks on Dr. Stuart. It includes his sermond and lectures.
Collection number: ahc.MSS578f
Scope and Content This collection contains three letters dating 1918. Two of the letters are from Lt. Edgar H. Greene one to his mother and one to his sister. The third letter is from a French girl Greene met during World War I.
Collection number: ahc.MSS775f
Scope and Content The collection consists of documents from Ernest Howington's military service. These include Howington's service records, discharge papers, billet cards, and notebook. There is also a copy of the Seventh Infantry Division's newspaper, The Hour Glass, from June 5, 1919, which contained articles about the Army's demobilization.
Collection number: ahc.MSS798f
Scope and Content This collection contains a two-volume set of journals kept by Francis Harwood Evans during his service in World War I, along with materials he collected; a daily log kept by Alice Wescott Clough; and a copy of The Christian Index. Volume one of Evans's journals contains entries from his training in the United States Army, an announcement of his marriage to Clough, a Christmas card, a sketch of a soldier, a message from the French bank, Cox & Co., and a...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1005
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, diaries, obituaries, newspaper clippings, financial records, and official United States government documents pertaining to Gatins family members. Included among the latter are files from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), court records, passport application files, and INS records. The collection also contains birth, baptism, marriage, school and death records for various family members. Also included is secondary research on significant...
Collection number: ahc.MSS783f
Scope and Content This collection contains a broadside of the German proclamation of mobilization for war against Russia, one of a series of events that instigated World War I.
Collection number: ahc.MSS330f
Scope and Content This collection includes correspondence and newspaper clippings, including a letter from E. A. Angier to Judge Emory Speer regarding Franklin College (a nickname for the University of Georgia after one of its buildings) and giving support to the Athens alumni; a letter from "Harold" to "Old Boy" (Carl Goldsmith) about men going overseas to fight in World War I.
Collection number: ahc.MSS185f
Scope and Content This collection contains military papers of Graham Johnson, who served as a military aide to President Taft. Included among the papers are an order book that includes a 1901 leave of absence from the military, his appointment as Aide-de-Camp to President Taft, through his discharge in 1919. The collection also contains newspaper clippings, letters, memos, certificates, and calling cards.
Collection number: ahc.MSS930f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence that describes daily life at Camp Gordon, Harry Nelson's observations of cultural differences between himself and southerners, and descriptions of their training. Also included are a transcription of the letters, a copy of a newspaper article on Camp Gordon, and photocopies of photos of Harry Nelson and Jane Nelson.
Collection number: ahc.MSS838
Scope and Content This collection contains newspapers that document important historic events and aspects of local, national, and international news. The collection focuses on the following subjects: the Spanish-American War, World War I, World War II, and special events such as the Civil War Centennial.
Collection number: ahc.MSS398
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of business records pertaining to John Hixon Kinsella. The bulk of the collection is correspondence and presentations in conjunction business meetings.
- Subject: World War, 1914-1918 X
- Connally, Joseph E. Brown, 1875-1920 5
- Georgia Institute of Technology 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 2
- United States. Army. Division, 7th 2
- Aldredge, Jim 1
- Ali, Muhammad, 1942-2016 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Beaumont, 1951-2014 1
- Allen, Inman (Hugh Inman) 1
- Allen, Irene Beaumont, 1890-1972 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 1
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 1
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Anderson, Constance Schaffner Spalding, 1906-1997 1
- Angier, E. A. 1
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Associated Charities (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta Community Chest 1
- Atlanta History Center 1
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bailey, Benjamin Mart, 1881-1945 1
- Bailey, Rosalie Davis, 1894-1955 1
- Beaudry Motor Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Block, Margaret 1
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 1
- Breakfast Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Broadway Apartments (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- Brown, Charlie, 1902-1995 1
- Carlisle family 1
- Carlisle, Isaac 1
- Carlisle, James Cosby 1
- Carlisle, Mary Isabella 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central of Georgia Railway 1
- Citizens for Decent Literature (U.S.) 1
- City Apartments (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clark Howell School (Atlanta, Ga) 1
- Clough, Alice Wescott 1
- Coca-Cola Company 1
- Connally family 1
- Connally, Mary Virginia Brown 1
- Council of National Defense (Georgia). Woman's Committee 1
- Crew Street School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Crumley Family 1
- Cunyus, John Whaley 1
- Daniell, Sidney S. 1
- Davison, Hal, Dr. 1
- Davison, Thomas Callahan 1
- Davison-Paxon-Stokes Company 1
- Dodge Brothers Cars (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Drummond, Wilhelmina, 1887-1973 1
- Duckworth family 1
- Eastman, Virginia Maude 1
- Edwards, John A. 1
- Edwards, John W. 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Elmwood Apartments (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Evans, Francis Harwood 1
- F.J. Cooledge and Sons (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fair Street School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fielder and Allen (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First National Bank of Atlanta 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Forward Atlanta Commission 1
- Friddell Brothers (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gardner, Charles Schley, 1892-1950 1
- Garrett, Franklin M. (Franklin Miller), 1906-2000 1
- Gatins family. 1
- Gatins, Joseph 1
- Gatins, Joseph (Joseph F. M.) 1
- Gatins, Joseph Francis, III, 1915-1983 1
- Gatins, Joseph Francis, Jr., 1882-1927 1
- Gatins, Joseph Francis, Sr. 1
- Gatins, Sylvia de German-Ribon, 1915-1987 1
- Georgia Baptist Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Railway & Power Company 1
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgian Terrace Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Goldsmith family 1
- Goldsmith, Carl 1
- Gookin Bank and Office Equipment (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Greene family 1
- Greene, Edgar H. 1
- Grice family 1
- Grice, Letcher Ogle 1
- Hartsfield, William Berry 1
- Harwell Pressing Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hotel Cecil (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hotel Dakota (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Howell family 1
- Howell, Evan P. (Evan Park) 1
- Howell, Rosalie 1 ∧ less