Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Collection number: ahc.VIS93
Scope and Contents This collection contains postcards that depict scenes in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. Most of the images are of man-made structures in Atlanta including Agnes Scott College, Atlanta Municipal Airport (now Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport), Biltmore Hotel, Booker T. Washington High School, Bulloch Hall, Candler Building, Capitol City Club, City Hall, Clark College (now Clark Atlanta University), Atlanta Cyclorama at Grant Park, English-American (Flatiron) Building, Fort McPherson,...
Collection number: ahc.MSS60
Scope and Content These papers consist of correspondence between various members of the Benning family, personal documents, genealogy of the Benning family, and business papers from Hong Kong, New York and Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1109
Scope and Content This collection contains documents that provide professional and personal details about Captain Francis and Elizabeth Edmondson and the Edmondson family. Material includes United States Navy correspondence and publications documenting Edmondson's navy career. Personal interests of Francis and Elizabeth are illustrated through Civil War history clippings, publications from civic organizations, and Cyclorama Restoration, Inc. correspondence. Also a part of the collection are Elizabeth Edmondson's...
Collection number: ahc.VIS116
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographs taken by commercial photographer Charles E. Troutt, presumably for his clients. Included are images of commercial buildings, government buildings, private residences, private clubs, colleges and universities, aerial views, and street scenes in various neighborhoods in Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.MSS831f
Scope and Content This collection contains legal documents, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and ephemera pertaining to members of the Connally family and the First Methodist Church. Content includes land deeds signed by A.A. Sells, cemetery plot contracts belonging to Charles Price Connally, Sr., and a book of poetry. Of particular note is a history of the First Methodist Church. Also included is a program for the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Civil Court of Fulton County, which mentions Luther Z. Rosser,...
Collection number: ahc.VIS46
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs, prints, and postcards collected by Dr. Amey Chappell. The images depict people in Atlanta, Georgia, or unidentified areas in Georgia. Included in the collection is one printed panorama view of the May 21, 1917 Atlanta Fire; one Currier and Ives lithograph depicting the capture of Atlanta during the Civil War; one postcard depicting the Tallulah Apartment at 87 Washington Street, circa 1905; one souvenir postcard booklet of Atlanta; and twelve photographs....
Collection number: ahc.MSS355
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, and scrapbooks on Dr. Stuart. It includes his sermond and lectures.
Collection number: ahc.VIS239
Scope and Content This collection consists of photographs of flower arrangements for wedding ceremonies, mainly of unidentified bridal parties, taken by various Atlanta photographers including Reeves Studios; Elliott's Peachtree Studios; Halberstadt Studios; Portraits by Lee; Ludi Studio; and Dean King of Decatur, Georgia. Photographs include interior images of religious institutions where each wedding ceremony was held as well as reception table settings. Also a part of the collection are photographs of...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1115
Scope and Content This collection contains research materials for a report by Hugh T. Keenan on the religious pageant Heaven Bound, performed by choirs of Big Bethel A.M.E. Church in Atlanta, Georgia, and the impact of the production on the African-American community. Materials include articles, newspaper clippings, production programs, and fliers. The collection also contains a copy of the finished report, published in the Journal of American...
Collection number: ahc.MSS53
Scope and Content These papers consist primarily of newspaper clippings collected by Jennie Meta Barker about Atlanta and it's history. Most clippings relate broadly to Atlanta, but particular subjects include history, the arts, politics and government, business and organizations, notable Atlantans, and Georgia geography. In addition to clippings, there are also reports, pamphlets, publications, and correspondence relating to these topics. The collection also contains notes and chapters that Barker wrote for...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1051
Scope and Content This collection includes minutes, scrapbooks, yearbooks, and correspondence that document the club's social and civic activities. Minutes include financial reports as well as membership information. Scrapbooks provide further information on programs, projects, and members and their families, such as Dr. Louie D. Newton, a well known Atlanta minister, and his wife. An additional scrapbook from Mrs. Sherwood (Lula Belle) L. Astin, club president in 1934, provides further details of the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS726f
Scope and Content The newsletters in this collection document the activities and interests of members of the Unitarian Universalist Lesbian and Gay Community (UULGC). The newsletters feature calendars of events; reviews of books, plays, and movies with themes related to gay and lesbian culture; member profiles; detailed transcriptions of sermons; and speeches and discussion panels featured at events sponsored by UULGC. Many of the sponsored programs focused on issues such as employment discrimination, anti-gay...
Collection number: ahc.MSS130
Scope and Content This collection contains the personal and professional papers of Wilbur G. Kurtz, Sr. The bulk of the personal papers pertain to the Kurtz and Fuller families and Wilbur's early adult life in Greencastle, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois. The personal papers also contain a series of diaries written by Wilbur and correspondence between Kurtz and Fuller family members.This collection contains the personal and professional papers of Wilbur G. Kurtz, Sr. The bulk of the personal papers pertain...
Collection number: ahc.VIS321
Scope and Content This collection contains images of buildings, streets, and monuments in Atlanta, Georgia. Included are photographs of service stations, high schools, churches, residences, and Confederate monuments in addition to automobiles, street views, bomb proof sites, children, and family members of William S. Irvine.
- Subject: Churches -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta Historical Society 2
- American Radio Relay League 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum. 1
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta National Bank Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Pioneer Women's Society 1
- Barker, Jennie Meta, 1883-1978 1
- Benning Coal Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bryg, Peter 1
- Candler, Asa Griggs, 1851-1929 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carnegie Library of Atlanta 1
- Chappell, Amey, Dr. 1
- Compton, Martha Lumpkin 1
- Connally family 1
- Connally, Thomas Whipple, 1809-1884 1
- Cooper, John 1
- Cox College (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Currier & Ives 1
- Cyclorama Restoration, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Dickinson, Werner 1
- Druid Hills Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Edmondson family 1
- Edmondson, Elizabeth P. 1
- Edmondson, Francis L. 1
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First United Methodist Church (East Point, Ga.) 1
- Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fort McPherson (Ga.) 1
- Fuller family 1
- Fuller, William Allen 1
- Georgia Botanical Society 1
- Georgia School of Technology 1
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Grady, Henry Woodfin, 1850-1889 1
- Griffin, George 1
- Harper's Flowers (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Harper, Adelle Bartlett, 1885-1974 1
- Hartsfield, William Berry 1
- Heath, Eugene Schofield, 1880-1972 1
- Irvine, William S. 1
- Johnson Estates Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Keenan, Hugh T. 1
- King, Dean 1
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 1
- Kurtz, Annie Laurie Fuller, 1884-1946 1
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 1
- Kurtz, Wilbur, 1912-1991 1
- Lawrence, Rowena Benning 1
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 1
- Lucy Cobb Institute (Athens, Ga.) 1
- McElreath, Walter 1
- McPherson, James Birdseye 1
- Miller School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Mitchell, Isaac Green 1
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 1
- Model Laundry (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Moss and Morson Coal Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Newton, Louie D. (Louie Devotie) 1
- North Georgia Council of Flower Show Judges 1
- Oglesby, Stuart R. (Stuart Roscoe) 1
- Piedmont Driving Club 1
- Price, Francis E. 1
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Rosemary Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Sherwood L., Astin, Mrs. (Lula Belle) 1
- Snell, Weis C. 1
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Troutt, Charles E. 1
- U. U. Lesbian and Gay Community (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Unitarian-Universalist Congregation of Atlanta 1
- United States. Office of Naval Research 1
- Walker, William Henry Talbot 1 ∧ less