George Carpenter Jones photographs
Scope and Contents
This collection includes photographs and glass plate negatives related to the Ansley Golf Club, J. M. High Company department store, Gordon Street Baptist Church, and unidentified residences and individuals, possibly related to George Carpenter Jones.
- 1953, undated
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Biographical / Historical
George Carpenter Jones (1871-1954) was married to Lida Davis Jones (1875-1962) and had at least four children: Paul Jones, Roger B. Jones, Benjamin Francis Jones (1904-1973), and George Carpenter Jones Jr. The family lived on Westminster Drive in the Ansley Park neighborhood. Jones worked as Vice President and Treasurer for the J. M. High Company department store in Atlanta, Georgia. He was the second president of the Ansley Golf Club in the Ansley Park neighborhood in Atlanta, Georgia.
30 image(s) (21 black and white photographic prints and nine glass plate negatives)
This collection is arranged alphabetically by titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2021.
- Ansley Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Architecture, Domestic -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Baptist churches -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Church buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Clubs -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Department stores -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Golf -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Gordon Street Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Houses -- Georgia
- J. M. High Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Jones, G. Carpenter (George Carpenter), 1871-1954
- George Carpenter Jones photographs
- Kate Daly
- June 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description