Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Collection number: ahc.MSS164
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, financial records, annual reports, trade publications, scrapbooks, programs and invitations, relating to the Coca-Cola Company and the Atlanta Coca Cola Bottling Company.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1067
Scope and Content Collection materials consist of business and legal records, including a 1933 lease, a 1947 certificate of residence change, meeting minutes, financial statements, correspondence, and memos.
Collection number: ahc.VIS103
Scope and Contents of the Records The majority of this collection consists of members of the Atlanta Crackers baseball team and players from the Nashville Vols. Most of the images were taken at Ponce de Leon Park in Atlanta, Georgia, and most are identified. Included are images of Buddy Bates, Charles Bicknell, Robert Boring, James Callaway, Ray Cattano, Paul Cave, Charles Cottier, Jack Daniels, John DeMerit, Frank DiPrima, Richard Grabowski, Robert Heartsfield, Rober Hartman, Ev Joyner, Charles King, Clyde King, Mike Krsnich,...
Collection number: ahc.VIS223
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of 159 baseball players who played for the Boston Braves, the Boston Bees, the Milwaukee Braves, and the Atlanta Braves baseball clubs. The majority of the images are professional publicity photographs of individual players. Included in the collection are baseball photographs of Chipper Jones as a child in the 13-year-old Babe Ruth League and at the 1989 Florida States Tournament.
Collection number: ahc.MSS201f
Scope and Content This collection contains one bound volume. Inside are two letters to Miss Ruth Blair, the Executive Secretary of the Atlanta Historical Society, dated March 11, 1938 and March 18, 1938, both from Fitzhugh Knox, Sr. Also included is a short manuscript titled “My Reminiscences From 1883”. The first part of the manuscript is a memoir which mentions many prominent citizens, such as Joel Chandler Harris, Carroll Payne, and Henry W. Grady; businesses, like the Merchants Bank of Atlanta, J. Regenstein...
Collection number: ahc.VIS2
Scope and Content This collection includes photographs of people, places, and events taken by Atlanta Constitution photographer Francis E. price. Most of the images were probably produced for news stories in the newspaper. Included are photographs of President Theodore Roosevelt; Democratic party leader William Jennings Bryan; Georgia Poet Laureate and Atlanta Constitution columnist Frank L. Stanton; Atlanta...
Collection number: ahc.VIS179
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection, in its original format, contains a series of sixty-five reels of primarily silent black and white nitrate film commissioned by Eugene M. White to promote the prosperous African-American communities in Atlanta during the 1930s. The footage documents a variety of activities including sporting events, homecoming, golf, motorcycle racing, occupational activities, and baseball. Included in the footage is the Atlanta Black Crackers baseball team playing a game at Ponce De Leon Park in...
Collection number: ahcVIS369
Scope and Content This collection contains black and white photographs of construction scenes in downtown Atlanta by J.E. "Ned" Mellett Jr. They were submitted to the 1949 Atlanta Historical Society Historical Photographic Exhibition in partnership with the Dixie Camera Club under the category "construction." Additional photographs include scenes of Atlanta Zoo and activities such as tennis, baseball, and swimming in Piedmont Park, Grant Park, and Lakewood Park.
Collection number: ahc.VIS113
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection of public relations photographs contains images of the city of Atlanta that were created for the Forward Atlanta campaign in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and were meant to showcase the city. Some images were probably taken in support of other public relations activities of Bell and Stanton, but are not identified as such. Included are aerial views of downtown Atlanta, Midtown, and the Peachtree Center area, which highlight the city’s skyline and infrastructure. Other...
Collection number: ahc.VIS33
Scope and Content This collection documents the Atlanta urban environment, particularly during the 1950s and 1960s, through cityscapes, aerial views and scenes of individual buildings as the city underwent a period of building and growth. The arrival of the city's first professional sports team, the Atlanta Braves, is documented. Also included in the collection are scenes pertaining to Southern politics including local, state and presidential races. A wide variety of Georgia agriculture and industry is...
Collection number: ahc.MSS843
Scope and Content This collection consists of one scrapbook kept by Mary E. Budden as a young woman in Atlanta. The scrapbook mainly contains newspaper clippings from Atlanta, Georgia, area newspapers regarding the Atlanta Crackers baseball team.
Collection number: ahc.MSS781f
Scope and Content This collection contains documents relating to Valentine's military and baseball coaching careers. Of particular note are newspaper articles about his tutoring programs and his former students.
Collection number: ahc.MSS888
Scope and Content This collection consists of sports programs (baseball, football, and basketball), media guides and newspapers, predominantly from the University of Georgia and Georgia Institute of Technology, but also including, among others, Louisiana State University, Georgia Southern University, the University of Tennessee, the Atlanta Falcons, and the Atlanta Braves.
Collection number: ahc.VIS166
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of photographs of fire stations and personnel of the Atlanta Fire Department. Also included are photographs of notable fires in Atlanta during the 20th century. Most of the photographs are group portraits of fire companies taken between 1890 and 1928, and include images of fire stations number 1 through 20. Individual firemen are identified in many of the photographs. There are also photographs of fire companies affiliated with the aforementioned stations. Examples...
Collection number: ahc.MSS7f
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook assembled by Virginia Paul on the career of Atlanta Crackers pitcher Larry Miller. Ms. Paul was fifteen years old when she assembled the scrapbook. Ms. Paul became Mrs. Charles Bastedo.
Collection number: ahc.VIS177
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of images taken by photographer Bill Hull in the course of his duties at the Atlanta Historical Society. Mr. Hull frequently photographed areas in Atlanta in support of research, exhibitions, and programs at the institution. Included are images of geographic locations in the Metropolitan Atlanta region, including Buckhead, Cabbagetown, Midtown and downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Images of geographic locations show commercial buildings, parks, and street views of important...
Collection number: ahc.MSS637
Scope and Content The bulk of this collection consists of tape recorded interviews of Atlantans used to create fifty programs titledLiving Atlanta: Atlanta Life from World War I through World War II, and the programs themselves, which aired on WRFG Radio in Atlanta, Georgia. The programs were composed of excerpts from the interviews connected by music and explanatory narration. During the course of the project, hundreds of Atlantans were interviewed, resulting in approximately...
- Subject: Baseball -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 6
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 4
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 2
- Atlanta Baseball and Amusement Corporation 2
- Atlanta Black Crackers (Baseball team) 2
- Atlanta Coca-Cola Bottling Company 2
- Atlanta Falcons. (Football team) 2
- Atlanta Historical Society 2
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Coca-Cola Company 2
- East Lake Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- First National Bank of Atlanta 2
- Forward Atlanta Commission 2
- Georgia Institute of Technology 2
- Jones, Bobby 2
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 2
- Matthews, Eddie (Edwin Lee) 2
- Trust Company of Georgia 2
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 2
- University of Georgia 2
- Woodruff, Robert Winship 2
- Zoo Atlanta 2
- Acme News Pictures (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Adcock, Joe (Joseph Wilber), 1927-1999 1
- Agnes Scott College 1
- Akers, Bull (William G.), 1904-1962 1
- American League Service Bureau (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- American Motor Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Associated Press (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Associated Press Wire Photo (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta Chess Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Firemen (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 1
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Negro Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta Zoo 1
- Bel-Air Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benton, Larry (Lawrence James) 1
- Berger, Wally (Walter Anton) 1
- Betts, Huck (Walter McKinley) 1
- Bickford, Vernon Edgell 1
- Bill & Bob Photo (Bradenton, Fla.) 1
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bissonette, Del (Delphia Louis) 1
- Booker T. Washington High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brandt, Eddie (Edward Arthur) 1
- Brillheart, Jim (James) 1
- Bruton, Bill (William Havon) 1
- Bryan, William Jennings 1
- Budden, Mary E. 1
- Buhl, Bob (Robert Ray) 1
- Burdette, Lew (Selva Lewis) 1
- Burns, Jack (John I.) 1
- Burris, Paul Robert 1
- Callaway Gardens (Pine Mountain, Ga.) 1
- Campbell, Steve B. 1
- Cantwell, Ben (Benjamin Caldwell) 1
- Carey, Max George 1
- Carrara, Jack 1
- Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Chipman, Bob (Robert Howard) 1
- Cole, Dave (David Bruce) 1
- Coleman, Bob (Robert Hunter) 1
- Colony Square (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Conley, Gene (Donald Eugene) 1
- Conlon, Charles 1
- Cooney, Johnny (John Walker) 1
- Cooper, Mort (Morton Cecil) 1
- Cooper, Walker (William Walker) 1
- Covington, Wes (Clarence Calvert) 1
- Crandall, Del (Delmar Wesley) 1
- Crone, Ray (Raymond Hayes) 1
- Crowe, George Daniel 1
- Cusick, Jack (John Peter) 1
- Daniels, Jack (Harold Jack) 1
- Davidson, Donald 1
- DeMerit, John (John Stephen) 1
- Dittmer, Jack (John Douglas) 1
- Dixie Camera Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Donovan, Dick (Richard Edward) 1
- Edelman, John 1
- Elliot, Bob (Robert Erving) 1
- Evers, Johnny 1
- Farrell, Doc (Edward Stephen) 1
- Fette, Lou (Louis Henry William) 1
- First Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fitzhugh family 1
- Fort Walker (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Frank, Leo, 1884-1915 1
- Fuch, Emil, Judge 1
- Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills 1
- Genewich, Joe (Joseph Edward) 1
- Georgia Power Company 1
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less