Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Collection number: ahc.VIS124
Scope and Contents of the Records A varied collection, these photographs are a mixture of images of rural areas in Fulton County, images relating to Atlanta’s Jewish community, military photographs, and photographs of an elementary class. Most of the images in the collection were taken by Rosenberg, but several were not. The photographs of Fulton County include images of buildings, stores, and farms in Buckhead, Roswell, and Lebanon, Georgia, and several in Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta. Images of Atlanta’s Jewish community...
Collection number: ahc.VIS104
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection consists of images of family members and friends of the Allen, Inman, Richardson, and Grant families of Atlanta, Georgia. Most of the photographs of family members consist of images of Ivan Allen, Sr. and Ivan Allen, Jr. Included are photographs of Ivan Allen, Sr. at business meetings, civic and social events, and with friends and family. Photographs of Ivan Allen, Jr. include those from his childhood throughout his career as a businessman and mayor of Atlanta. Also included are...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1157
Scope and Content This collection contains documents that Annette Burdges collected while she worked as secretary for the Atlanta Chapter of NOW. Materials include monthly NOW newsletters, membership and action pamphlets, stickers, and Atlanta Chapter correspondence. There are additional documents from an Equal Opportunity for Employment telecast conference as well as a United States Department of Labor and Women's Bureau conference. This collection also includes reports, articles, and a copy of the ...
Collection number: ahc.MSS164
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, financial records, annual reports, trade publications, scrapbooks, programs and invitations, relating to the Coca-Cola Company and the Atlanta Coca Cola Bottling Company.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1067
Scope and Content Collection materials consist of business and legal records, including a 1933 lease, a 1947 certificate of residence change, meeting minutes, financial statements, correspondence, and memos.
Collection number: ahc.MSS690f
Scope and Content This collection contains four booklets containing handwritten recipes. One booklet identifies the owner as Sarah H. Woods from "Medway." One bound manuscript, entitled "Recipe Book," consists of mostly handwritten recipes. The front cover and inside back cover indicate the owner of this recipe book was Elizabeth A. White of Winchester, Virginia, and Baltimore, Maryland. The published cookbooks are cataloged separately in the location "Shillinglaw".
Collection number: ahc.MSS539
Scope and Content This collection consists of two bound ledger books and two folders of materials pertaining to the cookbook collection. The folders contain press releases, correspondence, and bibliographical information about the books.
Collection number: ahc.MSS337
Scope and Content This collection consists of histories, reports, and publications that provide details about the company as well as the bottling operation. Also included are advertising and marketing items, anniversary materials, and memorabilia. Of special note is a commemorative book to honor company president Robert W. Woodruff's birthday in 1959.
Collection number: ahc.VIS273
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of flower arrangements used for the three volume set of Flower Arranging and Homes and Flowers. A few of the images are credited to photographer Fidelis Harrer (1898-1980). The photographs are enlarged, mounted on cardboard, and include publishing notations. Publication page numbers to each volume are also referenced. Some of the images include table settings featuring bottles of Coca-Cola....
Collection number: ahc.MSS796
Scope and Content This collection consists of personal papers of Esther Garrett Wynne, including correspondence with her brother, Franklin Garrett. Other documents are invitations, newspaper clippings, correspondence with others, memorabilia, and garden club yearbooks. There are also eight scrapbooks, which highlight Mrs. Wynne's activities throughout her life, including her first marriage, her time in the Red Cross, travels, and her social activities.
Collection number: ahc.MSS129
Scope and Content This collection includes correspondence, educational records, military records, and printed materials such as booklets, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and promotional materials for concerts. Correspondence makes up the majority of the collection and contains information on Eugene Kurtz's life beginning in 1941 when he entered college, his time in the military, and his life as a composer in Paris. Correspondents include his father and stepmother, Wilbur G. and Annie Pye Kurtz; his brother,...
Collection number: ahc.MSS398
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of business records pertaining to John Hixon Kinsella. The bulk of the collection is correspondence and presentations in conjunction business meetings.
Collection number: ahc.MSS222
Scope and Contents of the Records The majority of this collection documents the professional activities of Dr. Joseph Jacobs, and his son Sinclair Jacobs as proprietors of Jacobs' Pharmacy in Atlanta, Georgia. Among the official records of Jacobs' Pharmacy are samples of labels for products, a notebook and loose papers containing formulae for medicines and cosmetics, product catalogs, copies of Jacob's Monthly Magazine, and official correspondence. The collection also contains personal items of Joseph and Sinclair Jacobs,...
Collection number: ahc.VIS129
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of images of schools, churches, farms, homes, public buildings, town squares, railroads, industrial facilities, cemeteries, rivers, stores, parks, community centers, and entertainment venues in Fulton County. The photographs were taken in the cities and towns of Alpharetta, Atlanta, Ben Hill, Cascade Heights, Campbellton, Cedar Grove, College Park, Crabapple, East Point, Fairburn, Hapeville, Hopewell, Newtown, Ocee, Palmetto, Red Oak, Rico, Roswell, Sandtown, Sandy...
Collection number: ahc.VIS365
Scope and Content This collection contains seven black and white and sepia photographic prints of Jacobs' Pharmacy on Peachtree and Marietta Streets in the Five Points district of Atlanta. Included are prints of the interior and exterior of the building.
Collection number: ahc.VIS121
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains reproductions of photographs of the Five Points area of downtown Atlanta, including images of Union Station, the parking deck for Rich’s Department Store, the Carnegie Library, the Forsyth Street Bridge Atlanta Journal building, Krystal restaurant, the Ivan Allen-Marshall building, Friedman Jewelers, the Western Union building, and the “Coca-Cola clock”. The streets shown include Broad, Alabama, Forsyth, Marietta, Peachtree, Pryor, and Carnegie. The collection also...
Collection number: ahc.VIS197
Scope and Content This collection contains the family photographs of the Kurtz and Fuller families as well as visual materials Kurtz created and collected during the course of his career. Family photographs pertain to Kurtz and Fuller families as well as a few images from Annie Pye Kurtz prior to her marriage to Wilbur Sr. Also included are images of Wilbur Sr. and friends during his time in Chicago, Illinois. The bulk of this collection is photographic materials which support the research and field work...
- Names: Coca-Cola Company X
- Business enterprises -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Advertising -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Advertising -- Georgia 2
- Animals 2
- Automobiles -- 1950-1960 2
- Baseball -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Bridges -- Georgia -- Fulton County 2
- Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Cooking, American -- Southern style 2
- Cows 2
- Drugstores -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Five Points (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Flower arrangement -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Fulton County (Ga.) 2
- Great Locomotive Chase (Motion picture) 2
- Paris (France) 2
- Peachtree Creek (Ga.) 2
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Pharmacists -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 2
- Table setting and decoration -- Georgia 2
- Actresses -- Georgia 1
- Adams Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Advertising -- Beverages 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Affirmative action programs 1
- African Americans -- Georgia 1
- African Americans -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Agriculture 1
- Alabama Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Allatoona (Ga.) 1
- Amphitheaters -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Apartments -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 1
- Auditoriums -- Georgia -- College Park 1
- Automobiles -- 1910-1920 1
- Automobiles -- 1940-1950 1
- Banks and Banking -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Barns -- Georgia -- Lebanon 1
- Barns -- Georgia -- Roswell 1
- Barnsley Gardens (Bartow County, Ga.) 1
- Bartow County (Ga.) 1
- Baseball teams -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Baton Rouge (La.) 1
- Billboards -- Georgia 1
- Birthday parties -- 1950-1960 1
- Broad Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Businesswomen -- Georgia -- Savannah 1
- Carnago (Ill.) 1
- Carnegie Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Catoosa County (Ga.) 1
- Cemeteries -- Georgia -- Campbellton 1
- Charleston (S.C.) 1
- Chattahoochee River 1
- Chattanooga Railroad Expedition, 1862 1
- Chimneys 1
- Church buildings -- Georgia 1
- Church buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Clayton County (Ga.) -- Aerial views 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1840-1850 1
- Clubs -- Georgia -- Savannah 1
- Cobb County (Ga.) 1
- Columbus (Ga.) 1
- Composition (Music) 1
- Composition (Music) -- Competitions 1
- Construction -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Construction -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Cookbooks 1
- Cookbooks -- Southern States -- 19th century 1
- Cotton baling -- Georgia -- Roswell 1
- Cotton textile industry -- Georgia -- Roswell 1
- Cycloramas -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Dalton (Ga.) 1
- Darien (Conn.) 1
- DeKalb County (Ga.) -- Aerial views 1
- Depressions -- 1929 -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Douglas County (Ga.) -- Aerial views 1
- Entertainment events -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Equal rights amendments -- United States 1
- Farm equipment 1
- Farm supplies -- Georgia -- Roswell 1
- Farms -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Farms -- Georgia -- Roswell 1
- Feminism -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Feminism and higher education -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Floral decorations -- Georgia 1
- Flower arrangement 1
- Floyd County (Ga.) 1
- Forsyth Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fort Mountain State Park 1
- Fraternal organizations -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Fraternities & sororities -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1930-1940 1
- General stores -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- General stores -- Georgia -- Roswell 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Gone with the wind (Motion picture : 1939) 1 ∧ less