Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Scope and Content This collection consists or unidentified subjects. Some sitters appear in more than one image, but there is no known family history associated with the collection.
Dates: 1840-1870, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of unidentified portraits. One female subject appears in three of the images.
Dates: approximately 1850-1900
Scope and Content This collection documents two generations of the Elijah H. Mixon family of Oxford, Georgia. The collection provides insight into the artisan class of 19th century Georgia.
Dates: approximately 1850-1870
Scope and Content This collection consists of portraits of members of the Ellet, Cabell, and Hopkins families. The portrait of Mary Virginia Ellet Cabell (VIS 29.8) was produced by Marcus Aurelius Root (1808-1888), a well-known daguerreian, who worked primarily in Philadelphia and New York. Some of the albumen cards were produced by Linnie Condon, a late nineteenth century female photographer working in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dates: approximately 1850-1880, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of three unrelated images.
Dates: 1850-1880, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of four images: one ambrotype of Judge Charles Whiteford Smith and one ambrotype of Fannie Hurt Wright, both as very young children. There is also a charcoal drawing of each ambrotype.
Scope and Content This collection documents the lives of several members of the Thompson, Glover, Meriwether, and Jordan families of Madison, Georgia. Also included are photographs of individuals, probably friends and family members, many of whom are unidentified. The remaining images document buildings and houses in middle Georgia and include a scrapbook documenting land auctions sponsored by the Bowman Land Company, based in Charleston, West Virginia.
Dates: 1850-1965; Majority of material found within 1880 - 1920
Scope and Content This collection consists of identified and unidentified portraits of Kirkpatrick and Dorsey family members.
Scope and Content This collection consists of an ambrotype of Laura Thompson Chapman.
Dates: approximately 1850-1860
Scope and Content This collection documents four generations of the Luckie family, very early members of Atlanta's free African American community.
Dates: 1860-1940, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of two ambrotypes and one tintype believed to be family members of D. R. Malone and J. B. Malone.
Dates: approximately 1850-1870
Scope and Content This collection contains fifteen images documenting three generations of the Powell family. George T. Powell and Ned T. Powell are also represented. The carte-de-visite and cabinet cards were produced by C. W. Motes and Kuhns, both post-Civil War Atlanta photographers.
Dates: approximately 1845-1955
Scope and Content This collection consists of seven portraits of identified and unidentified individuals.
Scope and Content The collection consists of cased images of unidentified individuals. Of particular interest are a daguerrotype of a daguerrotype; an image of a Union officer posed in front of an American flag; and a full-length post-mortem image of a child.
Dates: approximately 1850-1890
- Subject: Ambrotypes X
- Daguerreotypes 10
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century 9
- Tintypes 9
- Children's clothing -- History -- 19th century 3
- Confederate States of America -- Armed Forces -- Uniforms. 2
- Photographers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- African American businesspeople -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American families -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American soldiers 1
- African American women -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African Americans -- Clothing -- Georgia 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Cabinetmakers -- Georgia -- Oxford 1
- Carpenters -- Georgia -- Oxford 1
- Free African Americans -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Governors -- Georgia 1
- Judges -- Georgia 1
- Mayors -- Georgia -- Edgewood 1
- Methodist Church -- Georgia 1
- Oxford (Ga.) -- History 1
- Suspension bridges -- Design and construction 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Uniforms 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations 1 ∧ less
- Abrams, Harvey Dan 1
- Bevan family 1
- Bowman Land Company (W. Va.) 1
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cabell, William Daniel 1
- Chapman, Laura Thompson 1
- Condon, Linnie, 1844-1909 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Alabama Infantry Regiment, 17th, Company E 1
- Cunningham, Nancy, 1820-1910 1
- Dorsey family 1
- Dorsey, Hugh Manson 1
- Dorsey, Rufus Thomas, 1848-1909 1
- Ellet, Charles 1
- Emory College 1
- Gaines, Alex P. 1
- Glover family 1
- Glover, Eli Seymour 1
- Hopkins family 1
- Jeffers, George A. 1
- Kirkpatrick family 1
- Kirkpatrick, John C., 1844-1905 1
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Luckie, Solomon 1
- Malone, D. R. 1
- Malone, J. B. 1
- Menkee's Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Mixon, Elijah, 1795-1873 1
- Powell, Chapmon, Dr. 1
- Powell, Elizabeth Hardman 1
- Powell, Ella M. (Ella May), 1863- 1
- Powell, Fielding Travis 1
- Powell, Frank A. 1
- Powell, George T., Sr. 1
- Powell, Martha Ann Jincie 1
- Powell, Ned T. 1
- Pruitt, Clyde 1
- Root, M. A. (Marcus Aurelius), 1808-1888 1
- Saunders, Augustus Jenkins 1
- Scovill Manufacturing Company 1
- Shockley, John R. (John Robbuts) 1
- Smith, Charles W., Judge (Charles Whiteford), 1856-1923 1
- Squier, Neva Turner, 1869-1950 1
- Thompson family 1
- Thompson, Catherine Rebecca 1
- Thompson, Will Glover 1
- Turner family 1
- White, Wiley E., Captain (Wiley Edward) 1
- Wright, Fannie Hurt, 1859-1938 1 ∧ less