Robert Rothberg photographs
Scope and Content
This collection contains photographs taken by F & L Photo Service and collected by Robert Rothberg of various downtown Atlanta buildings and businesses in the early 1930s. Notable scenes include the Alonzo F. Herndon (1858-1927) Crystal Palace barber shop on Peachtree Street, the Hurt Building, the J. P. Allen & Company department store, Chevrolet Motor Company, Moline Plow Company, King Hardware Company, and the Henry Grady Hotel.
- Approximately 1930-1935
- Rothberg, Robert (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Robert L. Rothberg (1919-1988) was born in Atlanta, Georgia, to Samuel Rothberg (1889-1975) and Rita Rothberg (1893-1930). Rothberg owned and operated a real estate company, Robert L. Rothberg Associates, located on Piedmont Avenue. Additional biographical information about Robert Rothberg has not been determined.
36 image(s) (36 black and white photographic prints)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was previously catalogued as ROT.
This collection was reprocessed in 2020.
- Architectural drawing -- Georgia
- Architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Auburn Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Automobiles -- 1930-1940
- Buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Cain Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Crystal Palace (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Drugstores -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Hardware stores -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Hunter Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- J. P. Allen & Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- James Pharmacy (Atlanta, Ga.)
- King Hardware Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- McDaniel Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Moline Plow Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Morgan, Dillon & Lewis (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Pryor Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Signs and signboards -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Spring Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Stores, Retail -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Whitehall Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Robert Rothberg photographs
- Kate Daly
- January 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.