Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 80
Collection number: ahc.MSS294f
Scope and Content This collection contains the personal papers of Adolph Rosenberg, a reporter for the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Included are receipts, press cards, and membership cards of Zionist Organization of America, Y.M.C.A., Georgia Motor Club, Ballyhoo, and Atlanta Zionist District. Also included are play programs for events at the Penthouse, and Chastain Memorial Park. The collection includes documents of the Atlanta Jewish Community Council, and World War II ration books.
Collection number: ahc.VIS124
Scope and Contents of the Records A varied collection, these photographs are a mixture of images of rural areas in Fulton County, images relating to Atlanta’s Jewish community, military photographs, and photographs of an elementary class. Most of the images in the collection were taken by Rosenberg, but several were not. The photographs of Fulton County include images of buildings, stores, and farms in Buckhead, Roswell, and Lebanon, Georgia, and several in Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta. Images of Atlanta’s Jewish community...
Collection number: ahc.MSS511f
Scope and Content This collection contains World War II scrapbooks, clippings, three items of correspondence, report cards, and certificates. A large portion of the material, including a "baby book" pertains to Albert H. Rhyne, Jr.
Collection number: ahc.VIS75
Scope and Content The Allen D. Albert photograph collection includes images of Dr. Albert, his wife, and extended family dating back several generations. The collection is also useful for the number of images that document wartime activities at the premiere Infantry School, Fort Benning, in Columbus, GA. The remaining photographs consist of images of Dr. Albert at events sponsored by various organizations to which he belonged.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1014
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence, awards and ceremony programs, and scrapbooks collected by the Allen family. The bulk of the collection pertains to Ivan Allen, Sr. and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s business, civic, and political affairs. Ivan Allen, Sr.'s state senate campaign and election, and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s mayoral campaign and election, and both father and son's work with various charities and civic minded associations are included. Of note are the numerous scrapbooks...
Collection number: ahc.VIS104
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection consists of images of family members and friends of the Allen, Inman, Richardson, and Grant families of Atlanta, Georgia. Most of the photographs of family members consist of images of Ivan Allen, Sr. and Ivan Allen, Jr. Included are photographs of Ivan Allen, Sr. at business meetings, civic and social events, and with friends and family. Photographs of Ivan Allen, Jr. include those from his childhood throughout his career as a businessman and mayor of Atlanta. Also included are...
Collection number: ahc.MSS46f
Scope and Content This collection contains two letters sent by Ardath Burks to "My Georgia Folks". In one of the letters, two words on the second page were eliminated by military censors.
Collection number: ahc.MSS143f
Scope and Content This collection contains 2 folders with several papers of Arthur L. Harris Jr. and his wife, Carol. The first folder of the collection contains documents of Carol Harris and includes; two Christmas cards, a lyric sheet for “camp Song” by George R. Green, a 1938-1939 Association for Youth Aliyah London calendar, two photos of a Peachtree Garden Club parade float, three photos of a floral contest, seven miscellaneous and unlabeled photos of people and landscapes, four blank postcards from the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS994
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection is comprised of eleven interviews, transcript of each interview (edited and unedited), original audio recordings for each interview, and a CD access copy of each. The interviews with Billy Jones and Ginny Boyd are part of the Maria Helena Dolan collection (1999.142)
Collection number: ahc.MSS463f
Scope and Content This collection contains documents relating to conservation, or rationing of gasoline and civil defense during World War II; and newspaper clippings.
Collection number: ahc.MSS732
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence from Charles Augustus Bickerstaff, Jr., Joel Hurt Bickerstaff, and John Marshall Bickerstaff to their parents, Charles Augustus Bickerstaff and Mabel Hurt, and sister, Bright Bickerstaff West, during World War II.
Collection number: ahc.MSS256
Scope and Content This collection consists, primarily, of the writings and research of C. Mildred Thompson: both academic and popular magazine articles; letters she received and sent; and speeches she delivered. Correspondence to C. Mildred Thompson includes letters from several historically prominent individuals, including Senator John Kennedy; President Franklin Roosevelt; Mrs. Eleanor Roosevelt; and cultural leaders including Harpo Marx; Cecil B. DeMille; and Archibald MacLeish. In addition, files contain...
Collection number: ahc.MSS752f
Scope and Content This collection contains one program from the Civil Air Patrol Atlanta Squadron dance in 1943.
Collection number: ahc.MSS97
Scope and Content The clippings, correspondence, programs, and articles in this collections, pertain primarily to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the Atlanta Symphony Guild, and secondarily with the Atlanta Music Club and the Atlanta Junior League. Of particular note is a signed proclamation by Mayor William B. Hartsfield that declared September, 6-13, 1954, Atlanta Symphony Week, the script of the orchestra’s tenth anniversary radio program, (which includes a history of the group), and several articles...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1020
Scope and Content This collection contains primarily the personal and professional papers of Beverly Means DuBose, Jr. The bulk of the personal papers document DuBose's military service in the United States Navy. There is an assortment of training materials and periodicals issued by a variety of military agencies. Also included in this series are a few presentations given by DuBose and materials pertaining to the anti-communism movement in the United States in the early 1960s. The professional papers...
Collection number: ahc.MSS823f
Scope and Content This collection contains material about Easy Company 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, including the paratroopers' training, reunions, and their fictional depiction in the television miniseries Band of Brothers. Included in the collection is a reproduced scrapbook containing photographs and articles about their service from World War II. There is also a pamphlet containing historical background printed for the reunion held in 2000, a 2003 reunion agenda, an...
Collection number: ahc.MSS996
Scope and Content This collection consists of genealogy records created by Edith Cook. Included within this genealogy are the family history for the Bell, Bloch, Cook, Collier, Dicks, Fish, Griggs, Harber, Ingram, Owen, Thomas, Tigner, Wagnon, Waldo-Hall, Weiss, and Wilson families. The collection also contains correspondence and scrapbooks. Of particular interest is material pertaining to Edith W. Harber (Cook.) Edith Harber enlisted in the the United States Army during World War II and earned her pilot's...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1141
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook about the Atlanta chapter of the British War Relief Society. The scrapbook contains Society correspondence; newspaper clippings that document and request aid for the Atlanta chapter’s efforts; materials from fundraising and educational events; and a certificate from the British War Relief Society, Inc. to the Atlanta chapter. Of special note are the materials associated with the mock bombing at Piedmont Park, the touring of the Iron Duke, and Lord and Lady...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1119
Scope and Content The collection contains Setze's military service records, certificates, awards, and correspondence. Also included are scrapbook pages containing poems from her fifth grade students in 1939; personal papers; a 1973 Georgia zip code directory booklet; a 1997 directory of the Atlanta Retired Teachers association; and a booklet on survivor benefits from the Navy. There are five notebooks that Setze used as travel logs, containing information about her travel expenses as well as notes about some...
Collection number: ahc.MSS846
Scope and Content This collection consists of 43 scrapbooks which contain newspaper clippings, photographs, magazine articles, letters, and notes written by Robb. Material covers banking and business; genealogy and the Robb family; movies, theatre, and the circus; politics; World War II, celebrities; Robb’s homes in Eldora and Atlanta; and autograph collecting. Robb collected material between 1920 and 1943, but items themselves date to as early as 1863.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 X
- Atlanta (Light cruiser : CL-104) 5
- Hartsfield, William Berry 5
- Atlanta Historical Society 4
- Coca-Cola Company 4
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 4
- United States. Army 4
- United States. Navy 4
- Allen family 3
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 3
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 3
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 3
- American Red Cross 3
- Forward Atlanta Commission 3
- Junior League of Atlanta 3
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 3
- Rich's (Retail store) 3
- Allen, Irene Beaumont, 1890-1972 2
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 2
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 2
- Atlanta (Light cruiser : CL-51) 2
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Cathedral of Christ the King (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Emory University 2
- Fielder and Allen (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Georgia School of Technology 2
- Georgia. National Guard 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Haverty Furniture Companies 2
- Haverty family 2
- Haverty's Furniture Company 2
- Haverty, Clarence (James Clarence) 2
- Haverty, Elizabeth Rawson 2
- Haverty, J. J. (James Joseph) 2
- Haverty, Rawson (James Rawson), 1920-2007 2
- Ivan Allen-Marshall Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Jackson, Maynard 2
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 2
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 2
- McGill, Ralph 2
- Middleton family 2
- Munnerlyn family 2
- National Retail Furniture Association (U.S.) 2
- Rawson family 2
- Rhodes-Haverty Furniture Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Rosenberg, Adolph 2
- Saint Joseph's Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Saint Joseph's Infirmary (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Setze, Elizabeth 2
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 2
- Stone Mountain Confederate Monumental Association 2
- United States. Army Air Forces 2
- United States. Army. General Hospital, 43rd 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- United States. Navy--Women 2
- WSB (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Women Airforce Service Pilots (U.S.) 2
- Adams, George H. 1
- Adams-Cates Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Albert, Allen D. (Allen Diehl), 1901-1972 1
- Aldredge, Jim 1
- Alexander family 1
- Ali, Muhammad, 1942-2016 1
- Allen, Beaumont, 1951-2014 1
- Allen, Daniel, 1791-1857 1
- Allen, Inman (Hugh Inman) 1
- Allen, Leven C. (Leven Cooper), 1894-1979 1
- Allen, William Daniel 1
- Apostolu family 1
- Apostolu, Leonard Matthew 1
- Aronstam, Louis 1
- Askew, Jeff D. 1
- Associated Charities (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta Black Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta Community Chest 1
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta History Center 1
- Atlanta Journal (Firm) 1
- Atlanta Medical College 1
- Atlanta Music Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Paper Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Public Library. Ida Williams Branch 1
- Atlanta Safe and Lock Works (Fulton County, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Symphony Guild 1
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra 1
- Baughman, Clarence W. 1
- Benatar, Victor 1
- Bennett, George 1
- Bennett, Lonnie 1
- Benton, Larry (Lawrence Raymond) 1
- Benton, William 1
- Benzur, Gabriel 1
- Bickerstaff, Charles 1
- Bickerstaff, Charles Augustus 1
- Bickerstaff, John Marshall 1
- Bickerstaff, Mabel Hurt 1
- Big Creek Bridge (Fulton County, Ga.) 1 ∧ less