Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Scope and Content This collection contains both residential and commercial landscape drawings for clients throughout the southeast United States. Also included are a few projects for international clients. The majority of projects are residential clients.
Dates: 1982-2008, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Dates: 1918-2010, undated; Majority of material found within 1979 - 2010
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, client proposals, financial records, plant lists, project notes, and research notes that document Daugherty's landscape architecture career. Material includes a broad range of projects, such as private gardens, corporate headquarters, schools and cultural institutions. Also a part of the collection are correspondence, notes, reports, and case studies from professional organizations and committee work. Included are items from the Atlanta street tree...
Dates: 1908-1998, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains drawings of projects including private gardens, corporate clients, schools, cultural institutions, large developments, parks, and cemeteries. Notable projects are the Atlanta Historical Society (Atlanta History Center), Atlanta Botanical Garden, Coca-Cola Headquarters Complex, Piedmont Hospital, Agnes Scott College, Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and a large cross section of private residences in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta. Also a part of...
Dates: 1928-2013, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architectural drawings and photographs of Eugene Martini and his projects. Landscape architecture projects illustrate his focus on land planning and land use. Among his notable projects are Northside Methodist Church (Atlanta, Georgia), Springs Valley Mobile Home Court (Mobile, Alabama), and Cocoa Isles and Rivers Isles communities (Cocoa Beach, Florida). The collection also includes photographs of the Martini family and Eugene Martini from childhood through...
Dates: 1946-1970, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans, pamphlets, reports, and a directory that provide details on the career of G. Eric Harkness. Materials are from a variety of projects, including commercial, residential, and government clients. Pamphlets show a wide range of interests and topics from ornamental plants to city street planning.
Dates: 1957-2006, undated
Scope and Content The collection includes drawings that document Baldwin's landscape architecture career from university course work in 1947 through projects executed in 2003. The projects include country clubs, hospitals, medical facilities, marinas, multi-family residential, parks, public housing, religious, schools, single-family residential, urban development and urban renewal. Projects of special interest to Atlanta and the Southeast include Atlanta Athletic Country Club, Falcon Training Center, MARTA...
Dates: 1947-2003, undated
Scope and Content The collection includes files that document Baldwin's landscape architecture career. The Project Records contain correspondence and other materials related to projects completed by Baldwin and Associates and show Baldwin's collaboration with such practitioners as African American architect Leon G. Allain and female landscape architect Edith Harrison Henderson. The Professional Papers contain Baldwin's coursework at the University of Georgia, professional correspondence, registration...
Dates: 1947-2001, undated
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains research materials collected by James R. Cothran including seed and nursery catalogs; information regarding botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects, and landscape architectural firms; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; historic gardens of the Southeast region; and professional materials including correspondence, papers authored, and awards received. The collection consists primarily of photocopies of research material including seed and...
Dates: 1744-2012, undated
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of landscape plans, photographs, negatives, and slides created by Atlanta landscape designer, Julia Orme Martin, from 1971 to 1995. The collection consists of primarily landscape designs for residential properties in the neighborhoods of Ansley Park and Buckhead, in Atlanta, Georgia. Of particular note are the drawings pertaining to the Columbus Museum in Columbus, Georgia as well as those pertaining to the Tompkins property on West Wesley Road in Atlanta, Georgia....
Dates: 1971-1995, undated
Scope and Content The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
Dates: 1937-1997, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains material that provides information on the conference programs and speakers. Brochures and handouts are included in the collection, which offer details on topics explored during the conferences.
Scope and Contents This collection contains 28 glass lantern slides of historic gardens and estate landscape plans primarily from the Southeast. Images include historic sites such as Biltmore Estate (North Carolina), Casulon Plantation (Georgia), Magnolila Gardens (South Carolina), and Middleton Garden (South Carolina). Also a part of the collection are corresponding typed index cards by an unknown author. The index cards, labeled "American Gardens," describe the slides with regards to American garden history...
Dates: approximately 1930-1940
Scope and Content This collection contains the landscape architecture drawings and topographical surveys by William C. Pauley from 1914 to 1973. Projects are mainly from the southeast, but a few early projects are from Massachusetts. Much of the work consists of residential plans, but some are of schools, colleges, parks, cemeteries, and commercial projects. Notable Georgia projects include the Bankshaven estate of Newnan, Georgia, Joel Hurt Memorial Park of Atlanta, and the Robert W. Woodruff residence in the...
Dates: 1914-1973, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains documents which provide details of residential and commercial work by landscape architect William C. Pauley. Materials include plant lists, correspondence, and specifications. Projects are mainly from the Southeastern states and most of the work consists of residential clients from Georgia. Parks, cemeteries, and a hotel are included in Pauley's commercial clients. Of special interest are documents for East View Cemetery in Rome, Georgia, and Lincoln Memorial Park...
Dates: 1922-1953, undated
- Subject: Landscape architecture -- Southern States X
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 12
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 9
- Land use -- Planning 7
- Gardens -- Design 6
- City planning -- Georgia -- Atlanta 5
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Landscape design -- Southern States 4
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States -- History 4
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Urban landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 3
- City planning -- Southern States 2
- Gardening -- Georgia 2
- Gardening -- Southern States 2
- Gardens -- Southern States -- History 2
- Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration 2
- Historic gardens -- Southern States 2
- Land use -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Landscape architects -- Georgia 2
- Landscape architecture -- Florida 2
- Landscape design -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia 2
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Parks -- Georgia -- DeKalb County 2
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 2
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States 2
- Bankshaven Estate (Newnan, Ga.) 1
- Cemeteries -- Georgia 1
- Formal gardens -- Design 1
- Gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 1
- Gardens -- Design -- History 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Gardens -- Southern States 1
- Gardens, American -- History 1
- Heirloom varieties (Plants) -- United States 1
- Helen (Ga.) 1
- Historic gardens -- Georgia 1
- Historic preservation -- Southern States 1
- Historic sites -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 1
- Horticulture -- Catalogs 1
- Horticulture -- Georgia 1
- Hurt Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Land use -- Georgia 1
- Landscape architecture -- South Carolina -- Charleston 1
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States 1
- Landscape plants -- Heirloom varieties -- United States 1
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Catalogs 1
- Parks -- Georgia 1
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States -- History 1
- Public housing -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Public housing -- Southern States 1
- Real estate development -- Southern States 1
- Schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Seeds -- Catalogs 1
- Segregation -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Shade trees -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Tree planting -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Trees in cities -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban beautification -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban forestry -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women gardeners -- Georgia 1
- Women landscape architects -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 5
- Baldwin, Harry J. 3
- Martini and Associates, Landscape Architects and Planning Consultants (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Baldwin and Associates Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 2
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 2
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 2
- Daugherty, Edward L. 2
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 2
- Martin, Julia Orme 2
- Pauley, William C. (William Crooks) 2
- Techwood Homes (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Southeast Chapter 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Butts, Norman C. 1
- Cothran, James R. 1
- Garden Club of Georgia. 1
- Harkness, G. Eric (George Eric) 1
- Hitchcock, Susan L. 1
- Martini, Eugene R. 1
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia 1
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia. Friends of the Garden 1
- University of Georgia. College of Environment & Design 1 ∧ less