Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 41
Collection number: ahc.MSS763
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence and information documenting the various projects for which Abreu and Robeson, Inc. were responsible.
Collection number: ahc.MSS868f
Scope and Content This collection contains a contract between the All Saints Episcopal Church and Morgan & Dillon for the construction of a Sunday school building. The contract includes specifications for the brick work, electric work, iron and brass work, steam heating, as well as painting of the building. Also included is a letter that adds information originally omitted from the plumbing specifications.
Collection number: ahc.MSS650
Scope and Content This collection contains minutes, newsletters, yearbooks, histories, and president's notebooks that document the civic and social history of the club. President's notebooks include correspondence, minutes, newsletters, reports, financial records, and membership information. Also a part of the collection are scrapbooks which illustrate the club's many projects including two scrapbooks devoted to the "Christmas Trees Around the World" project and a scrapbook devoted to the restoration project of...
Collection number: ahc.VIS226
Scope and Content This collection contains both residential and commercial landscape drawings for clients throughout the southeast United States. Also included are a few projects for international clients. The majority of projects are residential clients.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1065
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Collection number: ahc.VIS237
Scope and Content The images in this collection consist of photographs of the construction of the Atlanta Civic Center taken by David James Messer, Sr. Photographs include black and white interior and exterior images of the auditorium of the convention center and the exhibit building for the City of Atlanta. Messer produced monthly images to document the stages of the Atlanta Civic Center's development. The collection depicts views of the initial groundbreaking in 1965 to the completion of the convention center...
Collection number: ahc.VIS215
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architecture drawings of residential properties in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS997
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, client proposals, financial records, plant lists, project notes, and research notes that document Daugherty's landscape architecture career. Material includes a broad range of projects, such as private gardens, corporate headquarters, schools and cultural institutions. Also a part of the collection are correspondence, notes, reports, and case studies from professional organizations and committee work. Included are items from the Atlanta street tree...
Collection number: ahc.VIS207
Scope and Content This collection contains drawings of projects including private gardens, corporate clients, schools, cultural institutions, large developments, parks, and cemeteries. Notable projects are the Atlanta Historical Society (Atlanta History Center), Atlanta Botanical Garden, Coca-Cola Headquarters Complex, Piedmont Hospital, Agnes Scott College, Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and a large cross section of private residences in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta. Also a part of...
Collection number: ahc.VIS202
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architectural drawings and photographs of Eugene Martini and his projects. Landscape architecture projects illustrate his focus on land planning and land use. Among his notable projects are Northside Methodist Church (Atlanta, Georgia), Springs Valley Mobile Home Court (Mobile, Alabama), and Cocoa Isles and Rivers Isles communities (Cocoa Beach, Florida). The collection also includes photographs of the Martini family and Eugene Martini from childhood through...
Collection number: ahc.MSS148
Scope and Content This collection contains chiefly correspondence, but also includes professional publications, seminar lectures and writings as well as family genealogy. Correspondence consists of letters and statements to residential clients, corporations, and government entities. Letters to local landscape architects, professional organizations, and family members are also included. Documents provide insight into Martini's work with site planning, subdivision planning, and career development. Personal...
Collection number: ahc.MSS786f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
Collection number: ahc.VIS274
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans for the Governor's Mansion Memorial Garden providing details of stone work, retaining walls, terraces, and benches. Drawings include identified trees, shrubs, and garden features.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1088
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans, pamphlets, reports, and a directory that provide details on the career of G. Eric Harkness. Materials are from a variety of projects, including commercial, residential, and government clients. Pamphlets show a wide range of interests and topics from ornamental plants to city street planning.
Collection number: ahc.VIS240
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings and photographic prints that landscape architect G. Eric Harkness produced between 1954 and 1994. A variety of projects are represented such as city planning, commercial and residential properties, parks and urban renewal developments. Of special interest are drawings and plans for Alpine Village of Helen, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS188
Scope and Content The collection includes drawings that document Baldwin's landscape architecture career from university course work in 1947 through projects executed in 2003. The projects include country clubs, hospitals, medical facilities, marinas, multi-family residential, parks, public housing, religious, schools, single-family residential, urban development and urban renewal. Projects of special interest to Atlanta and the Southeast include Atlanta Athletic Country Club, Falcon Training Center, MARTA...
Collection number: ahc.MSS999
Scope and Content The collection includes files that document Baldwin's landscape architecture career. The Project Records contain correspondence and other materials related to projects completed by Baldwin and Associates and show Baldwin's collaboration with such practitioners as African American architect Leon G. Allain and female landscape architect Edith Harrison Henderson. The Professional Papers contain Baldwin's coursework at the University of Georgia, professional correspondence, registration...
Collection number: ahc.MSS470f
Scope and Content This collection contains a manuscript on Atlanta architect Phillip Shutze with the title America's Greatest Living Classical Architect: Phillip Trammell Shutze of Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS989
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains research materials collected by James R. Cothran including seed and nursery catalogs; information regarding botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects, and landscape architectural firms; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; historic gardens of the Southeast region; and professional materials including correspondence, papers authored, and awards received. The collection consists primarily of photocopies of research material including seed and...
Collection number: ahc.VIS262
Scope and Content This collection contains slides, photographs, and negatives taken or collected by Cothran depicting topics such as botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; and historic gardens of the Southeast, other regions of the United States, and Europe. Material also includes images used in Cothran's lectures and books he authored. The majority of the collection consists of images taken by Cothran on his travels or collected during...
- Subject: Architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 4
- Atlanta Historical Society 4
- Baldwin, Harry J. 4
- Martini and Associates, Landscape Architects and Planning Consultants (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 4
- Shutze, Philip Trammell 4
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 4
- American Institute of Architects 3
- Butts, Norman C. 3
- Daugherty, Edward L. 3
- Franklin-Smith Associates 3
- Hentz, Adler, and Shutze (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Hentz, Hal, 1883-1972 3
- Adler, Rudolph Satorius 2
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Southeast Chapter 2
- Ashford Park Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 2
- Baldwin and Associates Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Cherokee Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Cothran, James R. 2
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 2
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 2
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 2
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 2
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 2
- Georgia Institute of Technology 2
- Harkness, G. Eric (George Eric) 2
- Hentz and Reid (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Hentz, Reid, and Adler (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 2
- Martin, Julia Orme 2
- Martini, Eugene R. 2
- Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Monroe, William L., 1892-1965 2
- Monroe, William L., 1925-1999 2
- Pauley, William C. (William Crooks) 2
- Perkins, Percy H. 2
- Rich's (Retail store) 2
- Shutze and Armistead (Atlanta, Ga.). 2
- Swan House (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Techwood Homes (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Abreu and Robeson, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Abreu, Francis L. 1
- All Saints Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Architects Norris and Lynch, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Butts family 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Catesby, Mark, 1683-1749 1
- Chase, William J. J. 1
- Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cherokee Garden Library (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooke & Swope (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooke, E. Burton 1
- Crestwood High School 1
- Crook, Lewis Edmund, Jr. 1
- Dekalb Federal Bank 1
- Elam, Merrill 1
- Emory University 1
- Fratelli Alinari 1
- Garden Club of America 1
- Gate City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Power Company 1
- Grady, James H. 1
- Griffin, Knox A. (Knox Angus) 1
- Jones, Edward Vason 1
- Kiwanis Club of Atlanta 1
- Knox A. Griffin and Associates 1
- Locatell, R. J. J. 1
- Locatell-Norris and Company (Atlanta, Ga) 1
- Lynch, Kenneth P., Jr. 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School 1
- Martin, Van Jones 1
- Means, James 1
- Menaboni, Athos, 1895-1990 1
- Messer, David James, Sr. 1
- Mitchell, William R. , Jr. 1
- Monroe Gardens (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Monroe family 1
- Monroe, Evelyn D. (Evelyn Doris) 1
- Monroe, Ila S. (Ila Smith) 1
- Morgan & Dillon (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Norman C. Butts Nursery (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Norris Group (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Norris, Henry D. 1
- Norrman, Gottfried Leonard, -1909 1
- Norrman, Hentz, and Reid (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Peachtree-Cherokee Trust (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Perkins, J. Lawson 1
- Perkins, Mary Louise 1
- Reed, Henry Hope 1
- Robeson, Joseph 1
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Stevens & Wilkinson, Architects, Engineers 1
- Tebbs & Knell (New York, N.Y.) 1 ∧ less