Skip to main content

All Saints Episcopal building specifications

Collection number: ahc.MSS868f

Scope and Content

This collection contains a contract between the All Saints Episcopal Church and Morgan & Dillon for the construction of a Sunday school building. The contract includes specifications for the brick work, electric work, iron and brass work, steam heating, as well as painting of the building. Also included is a letter that adds information originally omitted from the plumbing specifications.


  • 1917


Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

In 1901 Mary Jane Peters (1830-1911) donated land at the corner of West Peachtree Street and North Avenue to the Episcopal Diocese of Georgia, on which they founded the All Saints Episcopal Church. It became the third Episcopal parish in Atlanta and had the address 634 West Peachtree Street NW. The original wood and stucco chapel was designed by Henrietta Dozier (1877-1950), but it was torn down to create space for a new church building. Architects Thomas H. Morgan (1857-1940) and John R. Dillon (?-1948) designed the second building, which was officially dedicated in 1906. The church became particularly well known for its stained glass windows, six of which were created by Tiffany Studios. The parish grew to over 3,000 members and the expanded campus to include the 1906 church building; a chapel, renovated in 1994; a 1917 building named Egleston Hall; a parish house, built in 1956; Tate Hall, acquired in 1985; and the Harry and Allison Pritchett Children's Center.


1 folder(s)



Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1987

Description Control

This collection was processed in 2019.

All Saints Episcopal building specifications
Hallie Lonial
April 2019
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at Atlanta History Center Repository

130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305