Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection number: ahc.MSS240f
Scope and Content This collection contains photocopies of Civil War documents of Joshua M. Mitchell, including furlough papers; list of persons at Johnson's Island prison in Ohio, requisition papers, service records, appointment papers; a marriage contract of Joshua Mitchell and V. T. Rundle; poems, death notices of Thomas H. Mitchell and Ruth Mitchell; list of children of Thomas and Ruth Mitchell; and letters from the Department of Confederate Pension and Records.
Collection number: ahc.MSS978
Scope and Content The Margaret Mitchell House Archives contains, correspondence, publications, and manuscript material pertaining to Margaret Mitchell, her family, and her publisher, Harold S. Latham; the publication of Gone With the Wind and the movie premiere in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS142
Scope and Content The collection contains the papers of the Menefee, Timmons, and Mitchell families of Georgia. Included are correspondence, application materials to the Daughters of the American Revolution (D. A. R.) and Daughters of the War of 1812, printed materials, legal records, scrapbooks, and other ephemera. Correspondence includes letters between F. N. Menefee, Maggie (Menefee) Dean Warden, Josephine Menefee, and Aline Timmons regarding their family genealogy. Application materials for the...
Collection number: ahc.VIS211
Scope and Content This collection consists of photographs, postcards, greeting cards, ambrotypes, tintypes, daguerreotypes, albumen prints, cyanotypes, and negatives of the Menefee-Timmons-Mitchell families. Also included are images of related families including the Benedicts, the Middletons, the Seamans, the Hunnicutts, the Sweets, and the Deakins. There are images from family trips to St. Simons Island, Georgia, and Tallulah Falls, Georgia, as well as images from El Paso, Texas, where Jessie and Russell C....
Collection number: ahc.MSS448
Scope and Content This collection contains real estate documents, title searches, indexes to land transfer, and index of deeds to lands in Fulton County recorded before 1854. The bulk of the collection is abstracts of title to real estate in the Atlanta area.
Collection number: ahc.MSS159
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, reminiscences, financial records, postcards, school records, court records, and newspaper clippings belonging to Stephens Mitchell. Also included is a scrapbook containing newspaper articles about the Mitchell family in Atlanta, and a handwritten manuscript by author Margaret Mitchell that was published in the Atlanta Historical Bulletin.
- Names: Mitchell family X
- Palmetto (Ga.) 2
- Abstracts of title -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African Americans -- Georgia 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Authors, American -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Children -- 1860-1870 1
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century 1
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 20th century 1
- Commercial documents -- Georgia 1
- Deeds -- Georgia 1
- Dogs 1
- Dwellings -- Georgia 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Historic buildings -- Georgia 1
- Historic districts -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Land titles -- Georgia 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- Georgia 1
- Law -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Legal instruments -- Georgia 1
- Office buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Real estate business -- Georgia 1
- Saint Simons Island (Ga.) 1
- Slave bills of sale -- Georgia 1
- Tallulah Falls (Ga.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction 1 ∧ less