Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection number: ahc.MSS393
Scope and Content The bulk of this collection is comprised of organizational scrapbooks and year books. Other materials include newspaper clippings, programs, and club organizational records.
Dates: 1898-1951, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS353
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of records that provide details on the history of the club. Included in the collection are yearbooks, scrapbooks, pressbooks, newspaper clippings, and programs pertaining to the club's social and civic activities. Of special interest are materials that provide details on the historic Wimbish House.
Dates: 1895-1986, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS400
Scope and Content This collection consists of club yearbooks, pamphlets, programs, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1912-1961, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS958
Scope and Content The Grant Park Woman's Club scrapbooks include nine scrapbooks, documenting the club's activities from 1931 through 1949. The collection lacks scrapbooks for the years 1933 through 1937 and 1945-1946. The scrapbooks, some of which are in poor condition, contain yearbooks, photographs, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and printed material. The printed material primarily documents the Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs and the General Federation of Women's Clubs, as well as organizations and...
Collection number: ahc.MSS752
Scope and Content This collection contains materials including personal and business histories, details of civic and cultural organizations, and scrapbooks. A typescript copy of The Southern Garden is a part of this collection as well as a scrapbook that provides insight into the growth and development of the city of the Atlanta. A scrapbook created by Louise Hastings includes information on The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. as well as other gardening clubs and societies.
Dates: 1891-1991, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1142
Scope and Content This collection contains personal and professional correspondence, legal documents, and political writings, including text of speeches and letters to the editor of local newspapers that reflect Henry Alexander's activism in the Republican Party during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Legal and professional documents include Alexander’s affiliation with the American Bar Association, correspondence to the General Assembly and with the Fifth District of the Georgia Federation of Women’s Clubs. The...
Dates: 1900-1973, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS219
Scope and Content The collection is comprised of the personal papers of Marel Brown from 1932-1977. Newsletters, newspaper clippings, printed material, programs, reviews, and a transcript, from 1939 to 1971, pertain to Brown’s activities as a writer and to public relations concerning several of her books, including Fence Corners, Hearth-Fire, Red Hills, and The Shape of a Song. Brown’s other writings are documented from 1938-1971 in articles from state and regional publications, among them numerous religious...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1
Scope and Contents of the Records These records comprise the minutes, correspondence, reports, pamphlets, yearbooks of the Student Aid Foundation from 1908-1977.
- Names: Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs X
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 3
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2
- Societies -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Women -- Georgia -- Societies and clubs 2
- Agriculture -- Georgia 1
- Athens (Ga.) -- History 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Fulton County (Ga.) -- History 1
- Gardening -- Georgia 1
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies, etc. 1
- Gardening -- Societies, etc. 1
- Gardening -- Southern States 1
- Grant Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Horticulture -- Catalogs 1
- Horticulture -- Florida 1
- Horticulture -- Georgia 1
- Music -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Numismatics 1
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Georgia 1
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Southern States 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States 1
- Savannah (Ga.) -- History 1
- Seeds -- Catalogs 1
- Student aid -- Georgia 1
- Theater -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women civic leaders -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women gardeners -- Georgia 1 ∧ less