Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection number: ahc.MSS512
Scope and Content This collection contains minute books, reports, treasurer's records, membership lists, correspondence, annual histories, a scrapbook, and other materials that document the activities of the club. Also included is Volume 1, Number 1, of The American Monthly, a DAR publication. Of particular interest is a visitor's register from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Building at the Atlanta Cotton States and International Exposition in 1895.
Dates: 1891-1964; Majority of material found within 1891 - 1944
Collection number: ahc.MSS426
Scope and Content This collection contains materials from the Atlanta Chapter, Joseph Habersham Chapter, Fielding Lewis Chapter, Sarah McIntosh Chapter, and the Baron DeKalb Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Included in the collection is scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, programs, and membership rosters. There are also DAR magazines and other ephemeral items.
Dates: 1898-1964, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS44f
Scope and Content This collection contains a marriage license between Francis Edward Brownell and Florence Haile Bowen, a copy of a pension for Haile Bowen, an American soldier during the War of 1812, and an application for membership to the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Collection number: ahc.MSS235
Scope and Content This collection spans three generations of the Lawshe Family, the bulk of the materials concentrate on John Zimmerman Lawshe. Much of the attention is given to the personal activities of John Lawshe as a graduate of Boy’s High School and the New York Homeopathic College, and his activities as a Mason in Atlanta. Documents include the commencement program for Boys’ High, 23 June 1875; and copies of obituaries and death announcements documenting John Lawshe’s activities. John’s wife, Willie James...
Collection number: ahc.MSS340
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of seven scrapbooks assembled by Mrs. D. Mitchell Cox. Included in the scrapbooks are newspaper clippings on the Daughters of the American Revolution, Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs, United Daughters of the Confederacy, and programs, photographs, and correspondence.
Dates: 1870-1930, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS326
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of two scrapbooks that contain newspaper clippings pertaining to Cobb and Whitner families as well as Atlanta events.
Dates: 1857-1900, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS690
Scope and Content This collection primarily contains materials pertaining to Alexander McGhee Wallace’s involvement in the Civil War and Anne Wallace Howland’s contributions to the Carnegie Library of Atlanta. The materials include correspondence, datebooks, diaries, genealogical records, periodicals, programs, and newspaper clippings. This collection also contains a scrapbook assembled in memory of Alexander McGhee Wallace, a scrapbook pertaining to Anne Wallace Howland, several certificates and diplomas...
Dates: 1836-1987, undated
- Names: Daughters of the American Revolution X
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 3
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- United States 2
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Women -- Georgia -- Societies and clubs 2
- Athens (Ga.) -- History 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Commerce 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Exhibitions -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Freemasonry -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Georgia -- Genealogy 1
- Marriage licenses -- Rhode Island -- Providence 1
- Patriotic societies -- Georgia 1
- Photography -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Public libraries -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Societies -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Southern States -- Description and travel 1
- Tallahassee (Fla.) -- Description and travel 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Societies, etc 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- Georgia 1
- Women in community development -- Georgia 1 ∧ less