Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence between Carroll and his parents written during the months before and after he was injured in a truck accident. It also contains inquiries written by his father, W.R.C. Smith, to find out information about his son from military leadership, American Red Cross personnel, and other Atlanta publishers. Material also includes newspaper clippings gathered by Carroll's sister that recount his homecoming as well as clippings regarding W.R.C. Smith and his...
Dates: 1918-1919, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence from Charles Schley Gardner, one as a young man in 1907 and fourteen from his military service in France during World War I, dated 1918-1919. In addition, Gardner’s papers include his military identification card from 1917, Red Cross Christmas seals from 1918, certificates from college and the military, and newspaper clippings that follow his later life to his death in 1950. The bulk of the collection is Gardner’s correspondence home addressed to his...
Dates: 1894-1954, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, memoirs, military records, diaries, and newspaper clippings relating to the Crumley and Berry families of Atlanta, Georgia. Correspondence from William Greg Crumley to his parents includes letters, telegrams and postcards written while he was stationed in France, England and Belgium during World War I. He described personal illnesses, travels during leave, and the duties of a medical officer. He noted how to care for soldiers who had been exposed to...
Dates: 1864-1921, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains three letters dating 1918. Two of the letters are from Lt. Edgar H. Greene one to his mother and one to his sister. The third letter is from a French girl Greene met during World War I.
Scope and Content This collection contains a two-volume set of journals kept by Francis Harwood Evans during his service in World War I, along with materials he collected; a daily log kept by Alice Wescott Clough; and a copy of The Christian Index. Volume one of Evans's journals contains entries from his training in the United States Army, an announcement of his marriage to Clough, a Christmas card, a sketch of a soldier, a message from the French bank, Cox & Co., and a...
Dates: 1915-1925, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence that describes daily life at Camp Gordon, Harry Nelson's observations of cultural differences between himself and southerners, and descriptions of their training. Also included are a transcription of the letters, a copy of a newspaper article on Camp Gordon, and photocopies of photos of Harry Nelson and Jane Nelson.
Dates: 1917-1918, undated
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains two postcards and two letters written to Berry Edwards by John W. Edwards during the latter’s military service throughout World War I. The first postcard, dated 1916, has a picture of John Edwards at a base in Macon, Georgia preparing to go to the Mexican border. The second postcard was written in Germany on January 23, 1919 and in it he states that his health is good but he does not know when he will return home. On September 1, 1918 Edwards writes that he will be...
Scope and Content This collection contains 25 letters (including copies and transcripts) many of the men in his Regiment wrote to Joe Brown Connally's mother, Mary Virginia Brown Connally, in Atlanta, Georgia, in thanks for her and her husband's hospitality.
Scope and Content This collection contains material pertaining to Dean S. Paden's enlistment in the army during World War I and the King Hardware Company. Personal papers included in the collection are his enlistment application, correspondence, and a diary. Materials pertaining to King Hardware include financial records, legal documents, and correspondence.
Dates: 1910-1974, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains three folders with documents from Remsen P. King’s WWI service. The first folder contains eight photos of himself and other soldiers at a base in England. It also contains nine postcards sent to his mother from various places in France, such as; the Puy-de-Dome, le Rochefort Montagne, Clermont-Ferrand, and l’Auvergne. The second folder contains a cross of service medal awarded to him posthumously by the United Daughters of the Confederacy on November 11, 1932. The...
Dates: 1918, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains letters and postcards written by Sidney S. Daniell, a resident in Cobb County, Georgia to his sister, Reggie Sue in Bolton, Georgia, located near Atlanta. The letters and postcards were mostly written from France and Germany and other locales throughout Europe.
Scope and Content This collection contains a document about William Harley Jones's history of injuries, his international vaccination certificate, and his United States passport. Materials also include several newspaper clippings about his death, two postcards, and a telegram from the United States consul in Nicaragua granting Jones the right to repatriation and hospitalization in Florida.
Dates: 1918-1970, undated
- Subject: World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American X
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Germany 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care 2
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 1
- Business records -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Camp Gordon (DeKalb County, Ga.) 1
- Christian Index (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Distinguished Service Cross (U.S.) 1
- Georgia -- Genealogy 1
- Postcards -- France 1
- Postcards -- Germany 1
- Puerto Cabezas (Nicaragua) 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 1
- Shellman (Ga.) 1
- Soldiers -- Georgia -- Correspondence 1
- Soldiers -- United States -- Diaries 1
- Southern States -- Social life and customs 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Censorship 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- England 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- United States 1
- Wounds and injuries 1 ∧ less
- Clough, Alice Wescott 1
- Connally, Joseph E. Brown, 1875-1920 1
- Connally, Mary Virginia Brown 1
- Crumley Family 1
- Daniell, Sidney S. 1
- Duckworth family 1
- Edwards, John A. 1
- Edwards, John W. 1
- Evans, Francis Harwood 1
- Gardner, Charles Schley, 1892-1950 1
- Greene family 1
- Greene, Edgar H. 1
- Jones, William Harley 1
- King Hardware Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- King, Remsen P. (Remsen Porter) 1
- Nelson, Harry 1
- Northen family 1
- Paden family 1
- Paden, Dean S. 1
- Reilly, Henry J. (Henry Joseph) 1
- Smith, A.E. Carroll (Ambrose Everett Carroll) 1
- Smith, W.R.C. (Wilbur Richard Carroll) 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy 1
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 41st 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 42nd 1
- United States. Marine Corps 1
- W. R. C. Smith Publishing Company (Atlanta, Ga) 1
- Wellesley College 1 ∧ less