Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Collection number: ahc.VIS183
Scope and Content The collection is a single print of an advertisement by the American Sewing Machine Company showing the Centennial Pavilion at the Cotton Exposition. The exhibition consisted of "a fine collection of sewing machine work".
Collection number: ahc.MSS523f
Scope and Content This collection includes minutes of the Georgia State Exhibit Commission, financial allocations, board appointments and decisions.
Collection number: ahc.MSS512
Scope and Content This collection contains minute books, reports, treasurer's records, membership lists, correspondence, annual histories, a scrapbook, and other materials that document the activities of the club. Also included is Volume 1, Number 1, of The American Monthly, a DAR publication. Of particular interest is a visitor's register from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Building at the Atlanta Cotton States and International Exposition in 1895.
Dates: 1891-1964; Majority of material found within 1891 - 1944
Collection number: ahc.VIS205
Scope and Content This collection contains twenty-five black and white photographs of the interior of the Davison-Paxon Company department store on Peachtree Street in Atlanta, Georgia. Fifteen photographs are of Christmas decorations in the toy, men's, home goods, and jewelry departments as well as at the entrance to the store and an overheard view of the main floor (1948-1954). The Christmas photographs also show children and staff members interacting with the decorations as well as the construction of the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1020
Scope and Content This collection contains primarily the personal and professional papers of Beverly Means DuBose, Jr. The bulk of the personal papers document DuBose's military service in the United States Navy. There is an assortment of training materials and periodicals issued by a variety of military agencies. Also included in this series are a few presentations given by DuBose and materials pertaining to the anti-communism movement in the United States in the early 1960s. The professional papers...
Dates: 1802-1985, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS971
Scope and Content This collection contains flower show brochures and programs from shows and exhibits in Atlanta and the Southeast. Shows were sponsored by Atlanta garden clubs and plant associations such as the Atlanta Flower Show Association, the Atlanta Camellia Society, and The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. The collection also contains clippings and correspondence. These materials offer a variety of horticultural information including plant varieties and classification, cultivar popularity, and floral...
Dates: 1924-2005, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS872f
Scope and Content The collection contains articles and newspaper clippings regarding Gudmund Vigtel's tenure as the director of the High Museum of Art. Also included in the collection are memoranda and articles written by Vigtel about art museums. Of particular note is his commencement speech for the graduating class of the Atlanta School of Art when he received his honorary degree.
Dates: 1965-2008, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS944
Scope and Content This collection contains administrative records of the Atlanta Art Association and the High Museum of Art. This includes correspondence, meeting minutes, calendars, marketing materials, and date books. Of particular interest to researchers is information regarding the crash of Air France Flight 007 at Orly Airport, exhibit catalogs and news releases, and the constitution and bylaws of the Atlanta Art Association.
Dates: 1926-2012, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS697f
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of souvenir cards, invitations, and articles pertaining to the International Cotton Exposition. Also included in the collection is a picture guide to Atlanta and the exposition. The two articles are excepts from The Century Magazine and Harper's New Monthly Magazine; both articles discuss the significance of the exposition and a summary of the participants and displays.
Collection number: ahc.VIS378
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of Lethea Turman Lochridge's friends and family, including her father, S.B. Turman. Of special note are photographs from the 1911 Southern International Poultry Show in Athens, Georgia, where Lethea and her siblings won an award, as well as a photograph of her Girls High School graduating class. This collection also includes a photograph taken by Edwin Lochridge Sr. of Charles and Mary Tway's residence on 212 15th Street, which neighbored the Lochridge home.
Dates: Approximately 1868-1917, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1159
Scope and Content This collection contains material that documents the creation, activities, and dissolution of the Southeastern Fair Association, later called the Atlanta Fair and Exposition Center, Inc. Records include bylaws, charter contracts, lease agreements with the City of Atlanta, meeting minutes, accounts, and other administrative documents that illustrate the structure, function, and operations of the organization. The collection also contains correspondence between various members of the board of...
Dates: 1915-1978, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1006
Scope and Contents This collection includes material that documents the history and growth of the Southeastern Flower Show. A wide variety of flower show records are included such as invitations, programs, brochures, drawings and plans of exhibit spaces, correspondence and announcements, Atlanta Flower Show News, articles, award lists,Clippings newsletters, silent auction pamphlets, and raffle tickets. More recent years include post flower show...
- Subject: Exhibitions -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- High Museum of Art 2
- International Cotton Exposition (1881 : Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Vigtel, Gudmund 2
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 1
- American Sewing Machine Company 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks and Recreation 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Botanical Garden 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Fair and Exposition Center, Inc. 1
- Atlanta Flower Show Association 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Civil War Centennial Commission of Illinois 1
- Civil War Round Table, Atlanta 1
- Confederate States of America. Ordnance Bureau 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Atlanta Chapter 1
- Davis, V. Magnet 1
- Davison Paxon Stokes Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Dodson, John W. 1
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 1
- DuBose, Beverly Means, 1886-1953 1
- Dubose, Beverly Means 1
- Garden Club of Georgia. 1
- Georgia (Ironclad) 1
- Georgia. Militia 1
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885 1
- Hartsfield, William Berry 1
- Haverty, J. J. (James Joseph) 1
- He-No Tea 1
- Junior League of Atlanta 1
- Kerksis, Sydney C. 1
- Kress, Samuel H. (Samuel Henry) 1
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 1
- Ladies' Memorial Association 1
- Lane Brothers Photo News Service (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Lee, Robert E., (Robert Edward), 1807-1870 1
- Lochridge, Lethea Turman, 1898-1993 1
- Longstreet, James 1
- Louisville Lithographing Company (Ky.) 1
- Macy's, Inc. 1
- National Bank of Georgia 1
- Rich's (Retail store) 1
- Robert W. Woodruff Arts Center 1
- Shenandoah (Cruiser) 1
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891 1
- Sons of Confederate Veterans (Organization) 1
- Southeastern Fair Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Southeastern Flower Show 1
- Southeastern Horticultural Society 1
- Southern International Poultry Show (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Tennessee. Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Turman, Samuel Boykin, 1866-1922 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy 1
- United States. Navy 1
- William Dunn Studios 1
- Woodruff, Robert Winship 1 ∧ less