Lethea Turman Lochridge photographs
Scope and Content
This collection contains photographs of Lethea Turman Lochridge's friends and family, including her father, S.B. Turman. Of special note are photographs from the 1911 Southern International Poultry Show in Athens, Georgia, where Lethea and her siblings won an award, as well as a photograph of her Girls High School graduating class. This collection also includes a photograph taken by Edwin Lochridge Sr. of Charles and Mary Tway's residence on 212 15th Street, which neighbored the Lochridge home.
- Approximately 1868-1917, undated
- Lochridge, Lethea Turman, 1898-1993 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Lethea Turman Lochridge (1898-1993) was born in Georgia to Samuel Boykin Turman (1866-1922) and Helen Reed Turman (1868-1961). Samuel owned a real estate firm, S.B. Turman & Company, was chairman of the Fulton County Board of Commissioners, and served on the Fulton County Board of Education. He was also a deacon for the Second Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. The Turman residence, Hexagon Hall, was located on McDonough Road in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1922, Lethea married Edwin P. Lochridge Sr. (1894-1978). They had two children: Jean H. Lochridge Quin (1924-2000) and Edwin P. Lochridge Jr. (1926-2003). Edwin Sr. served during World War I in the United States Navy on the U.S.S. Kentucky. He was also the Executive Vice President of the real estate firm Lipscomb-Ellis Company from 1938 to 1962.
38 image(s) (36 black and white photographs and two tintypes)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 1970, with subsequent additions
This collection was previously catalogued as LOC.
This collection was reprocessed in 2020.
- Baptists -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Clothing & dress -- 1870-1880
- Clothing & dress -- 1890-1900
- Clothing & dress -- 1900-1910
- Clothing & dress -- 1910-1920
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.)
- High schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Houses -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Livestock exhibitions -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Lochridge, Lethea Turman, 1898-1993
- Real estate agents -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Southern International Poultry Show (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Turman, Samuel Boykin, 1866-1922
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Lethea Turman Lochridge photographs
- Kate Daly
- February 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.