Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Scope and Content This collection consists or unidentified subjects. Some sitters appear in more than one image, but there is no known family history associated with the collection.
Dates: 1840-1870, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of unidentified portraits. One female subject appears in three of the images.
Dates: approximately 1850-1900
Scope and Content This collection contains original photographic prints, daguerreotypes, and negatives depicting members of Edith Cook's extended family. These materials include images of members of the Bell, Brockman, Cook, Collier, Dicks, Dolt, Hall, Harber, Ingram, Lowman, Owen, Potts, Thomas, Waldo, and Wilson families. There are also photographs of family residences in Georgia and Ohio and images related to Earl P. Cook, Jr.'s work with Southern Bell in Tennessee and Florida.
Dates: 1875-1989, undated
Scope and Content This collection documents two generations of the Elijah H. Mixon family of Oxford, Georgia. The collection provides insight into the artisan class of 19th century Georgia.
Dates: approximately 1850-1870
Scope and Content This collection consists of portraits of members of the Ellet, Cabell, and Hopkins families. The portrait of Mary Virginia Ellet Cabell (VIS 29.8) was produced by Marcus Aurelius Root (1808-1888), a well-known daguerreian, who worked primarily in Philadelphia and New York. Some of the albumen cards were produced by Linnie Condon, a late nineteenth century female photographer working in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dates: approximately 1850-1880, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of three unrelated images.
Dates: 1850-1880, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of one daguerreotype, taken approximately 1850, of Harvey T. Phillips while attending Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire.
Dates: approximately 1850
Scope and Content This collection documents the lives of several members of the Thompson, Glover, Meriwether, and Jordan families of Madison, Georgia. Also included are photographs of individuals, probably friends and family members, many of whom are unidentified. The remaining images document buildings and houses in middle Georgia and include a scrapbook documenting land auctions sponsored by the Bowman Land Company, based in Charleston, West Virginia.
Dates: 1850-1965; Majority of material found within 1880 - 1920
Scope and Content This collection consists of two daguerreotypes, presumably of the Shockley family, although this connection is not documented. One image is identified by attached note as Winfred Shockley's mother's uncle; the other is identified by attached note as: Auntie.
Dates: approximately 1840-1850, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of identified and unidentified portraits of Kirkpatrick and Dorsey family members.
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains a daguerreotype, photographic print, and negative of Loula Kendall Rogers at the age of nine as well as an undated photographic print of her at an older age. In addition, the collection contains a sketch and a pastel on paper that Miss Kendall made of her family home, Bellwood Plantation, in the 1850s. A photographic print of the sketch of Bellwood Plantation is also included. The collection also contains a photographic reproduction of a c.1850 daguerreotype of the...
Dates: 1847-ca.1850, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of one portrait of an unidentified male. Stamp on case "Scovill Mfg. Co."
Scope and Content This collection contains fifteen images documenting three generations of the Powell family. George T. Powell and Ned T. Powell are also represented. The carte-de-visite and cabinet cards were produced by C. W. Motes and Kuhns, both post-Civil War Atlanta photographers.
Dates: approximately 1845-1955
Scope and Content This collection consists of seven portraits of identified and unidentified individuals.
Scope and Content This collection documents four generations of the Sale, Simmons, and Matheson families. Examination of the images indicates they were probably taken during the same photographic session with the exception of VIS 6.6.
Scope and Content The collection consists of cased images of unidentified individuals. Of particular interest are a daguerrotype of a daguerrotype; an image of a Union officer posed in front of an American flag; and a full-length post-mortem image of a child.
Dates: approximately 1850-1890
- Subject: Daguerreotypes X
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century 11
- Ambrotypes 10
- Tintypes 8
- Confederate States of America -- Armed Forces -- Uniforms. 2
- Architecture, Domestic -- Georgia 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Bellwood Plantation (Upson County, Ga.) 1
- Cabinetmakers -- Georgia -- Oxford 1
- Carpenters -- Georgia -- Oxford 1
- Children's clothing -- History -- 19th century 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1890-1900 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1910-1920 1
- Goshen (Ga.) -- History 1
- Governors -- Georgia 1
- Judges -- Georgia 1
- Methodist Church -- Georgia 1
- Oxford (Ga.) -- History 1
- Periodical editors -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Photographers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Photography -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Plantations -- Georgia -- Upson County -- 1850-1860 1
- Suspension bridges -- Design and construction 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations 1 ∧ less
- Scovill Manufacturing Company 2
- Abrams, Harvey Dan 1
- Bell, Alice I. Wagnon 1
- Bell, James L. 1
- Bevan family 1
- Bowman Land Company (W. Va.) 1
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cabell, William Daniel 1
- Collier, Isabel 1
- Condon, Linnie, 1844-1909 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Alabama Infantry Regiment, 17th, Company E 1
- Cook, Earl Pope, 1919- 1
- Cook, Edith Harber, 1918- 1
- Dolt, Jeanne 1
- Dorsey family 1
- Dorsey, Hugh Manson 1
- Dorsey, Rufus Thomas, 1848-1909 1
- Ellet, Charles 1
- Emory College 1
- Gaines, Alex P. 1
- Glass, Sara Amanda 1
- Glover family 1
- Glover, Eli Seymour 1
- Hall, DeWitt 1
- Harber, May Hall Wilson 1
- Hopkins family 1
- Jeffers, George A. 1
- Kellam family 1
- Kendall, David Lane 1
- Kirkpatrick family 1
- Kirkpatrick, John C., 1844-1905 1
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Malone family 1
- Marquis, Mary Jane 1
- Mixon, Elijah, 1795-1873 1
- Phillips & Crew Piano Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Phillips, Harvey T. 1
- Powell, Chapmon, Dr. 1
- Powell, Elizabeth Hardman 1
- Powell, Ella M. (Ella May), 1863- 1
- Powell, Fielding Travis 1
- Powell, Frank A. 1
- Powell, George T., Sr. 1
- Powell, Martha Ann Jincie 1
- Powell, Ned T. 1
- Pruitt, Clyde 1
- Rogers, Loula Kendall, 1838-1931 1
- Root, M. A. (Marcus Aurelius), 1808-1888 1
- Sale, John S. (John Simmons) 1
- Sale, Peyton W., 1806-1877 1
- Saunders, Augustus Jenkins 1
- Shockley family 1
- Shockley, John R. (John Robbuts) 1
- Simmons, Frances E., 1810-1863 1
- Simmons, Mary Ann Matheson, 1788-1867 1
- Simmons, Stern, III, 1824-1853 1
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Squier, Neva Turner, 1869-1950 1
- Steele, Louisa Rogers 1
- Thomas, Alice 1
- Thomas, Edward Lloyd 1
- Thompson family 1
- Thompson, Catherine Rebecca 1
- Thompson, Will Glover 1
- Turner family 1
- Wagnon, Anne Dicks 1
- White, Wiley E., Captain (Wiley Edward) 1
- Williams, Kate Ingram 1
- Wilson, Alice B. 1
- Wilson, Eva Bell 1
- Wilson, Helen O. 1
- Wilson, William Ashbury 1 ∧ less