Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Content This collection consists of two scrapbooks kept by Charles F. Rice from 1893-1912. Topics in the books include national and international politicians, world's fairs and expositions, and elections. Information on elections includes newspaper articles from the Atlanta Constitution and the Atlanta Journal about local and state-wide Democratic and Republican elections from 1902-1906. Images and printed biographies of...
Scope and Contents of the Records The artificial collection documents through a booklet, correspondence, an invitation, programs, war savings bonds and other printed material the efforts of Atlantans, among them Margaret Mitchell, to support and commemorate the third and fourth iterations of the U.S.S. Atlanta, primarily between 1941 and 1946. To a lesser extent, the activities of these two naval cruisers are documented through a printed summary and naval communications. The collection does not contain material related to the...
Dates: 1941-1946, 1979, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains one certificate for the purchase of war savings bonds to sponsor the United States military efforts during World War II. This particular bond was sold to build a new cruiser, called Atlanta, in 1943.
- Subject: Cruisers (Warships) -- United States X
- Armored vessels -- United States 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Elections -- Georgia 1
- Military uniforms 1
- Politicians 1
- Politicians -- United States. 1
- Postcards -- Georgia 1
- Primaries -- Georgia 1
- Savings bonds -- United States 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 1
- Ships -- 19th century 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Economic aspects -- Georgia 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 1 ∧ less
- Atlanta (Light cruiser : CL-104) 2
- Atlanta (Light cruiser : CL-51) 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 1