Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Content This collection contains one scrapbook that provides details of the social and civic activities of the club. The scrapbook includes clippings, photographs, program information, and one yearbook. Entries and awards from flower shows are also detailed. Of special interest are sketches of a garden beautification project and signpost along Peachtree Battle Avenue between Woodward Way and Dellwood Drive in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta.
Scope and Content This collection contains materials which detail the social and civic activities of the club and provide details on programs and projects. Included in the collection are clippings, articles, correspondence, and flower show ephemera. Of special interest are scrapbook items concerning member Louise B. Hastings, past president of The Garden Club of Georgia, well known lecturer, author, and wife of Donald M. Hastings, owner of H. G. Hastings Co.
Dates: 1928-2018, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains yearbooks, histories, flower show programs, and project reports that document the activities of the club. Scrapbooks provide details of meetings, social events, and numerous civic projects of the club. Of special interest is the club's history of the section of Lenox Road that was known as Indian Creek Acres by the resident members. Also of note is a report for a civic project to save the landmark Buckhead tree on which the original buck's head was hung, and gave the...
Scope and Content This collection contains scrapbooks that provide details on the civic and social activities of the club. The scrapbooks contain clippings, correspondence, photographs, and flower show programs. Of special interest are club histories that describe the Peachtree Creek neighborhood in the early years of development.
Scope and Content This collection contains clippings, correspondence, flower show programs, minutes, and yearbooks that provide details on the civic and social activities of the club. Also part of the collection are scrapbooks that highlight programs, projects, and club interests. Of special note is a scrapbook devoted to the club's civic project of landscaping the traffic island at Cherokee Road and Andrews Drive.
Dates: 1939-1981, undated
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies, etc. 4
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 4
- Civil defense -- Georgia 1
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Societies, etc. 1
- Lenox Road (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Parkways -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Peachtree Creek (Ga.) 1
- Women -- Georgia -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women in community development -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Cerebral Palsy Center of Atlanta, Inc. 1
- Cherry, Rebecca Wight 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- Forsythia Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Habersham Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hastings, Louise Brown 1
- Indian Creek Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Junior Flower Show Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Peachtree Creek Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Sheltering Arms Association of Day Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Spade and Trowel Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Yarn, Jane Hurt, 1924- 1 ∧ less