Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Content This collection consists of Irene Rose Smillie's papers and those of her parents. Included in the collection are Irene Smillie's will, as well as a codicil to that will; a Bible containing Crandell family history; and a short, handwritten Crandell family tree. The collection also includes a letter from Hety and Mary Silvey dated 1850 about the wedding day of Irene Smillie's parents, Harriet F. Crandell and Robert Thomas Smillie and an invitation addressed to Harriet and Robert Smillie to...
Dates: 1850-1950, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains a bust portrait of African-American John Cladwell Burdette taken by G.F. Kohler of Los Angeles.
Scope and Content This collection contains black and white photographs taken by Johnny E. Green. Images include a portrait of a young woman with a tennis racket labeled as the Atlanta Academy of Charm, a Bible reading at a residence on North Avenue, and interior scenes at the Grove Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia.
Scope and Content This collection is a Bible printed by Mathew Carey in 1812. Handwritten notes on the Plume family cover the period 1731 to 1888.
Scope and Content This collection contains a Bible that was owned by Rufus Brown Bullock. The Bible includes Bullock's signature as well as a page of family genealogy. Also included in the collection is a copy of a letter written by Margaret Mitchell (1900-1949) to E. H. Kirby in which she encourages Kirby to donate the Bible to a museum collection.
Dates: 1861, 1941
Scope and Content This collection contains an unpublished autobiography about Avery's grade school years in Atlanta Public Schools during the Great Depression. The text is arranged as a collection of short stories. Avery wrote about studying in segregated school, church, and everyday life in the 1930s. The collection also includes two newspaper articles; one of them outlines Avery's academic successes, and in the other Avery describes his confusion and discomfort leading up to a metastatic prostate cancer...
Dates: 1944, 1996, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of the Tullie Smith House Blacksmith Guild records including its constitution and by-laws, correspondence, membership lists, and newsletters. Also included are information on the guild's activities, blacksmithing techniques, and construction of the forge and workshop. There is also a folder on the Artist-Blacksmith Association of North America which contains its constitution and by-laws, a newsletter, and correspondence.
Dates: 1974-1988, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains a single family Bible that includes a family record.
Scope and Content This collection contains a single family Bible. It includes family genealogy.
- Subject: Bible X
- Bible 7
- Portrait photography 2
- African Americans -- History 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Bible -- Study and teaching 1
- Bible records -- New Jersey 1
- Bible records -- United States 1
- Blacksmithing -- Georgia 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1940-1950 1
- Depressions -- 1929 -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Forge shops -- Georgia 1
- Georgia -- Genealogy 1
- Historic sites -- Georgia 1
- International travel 1
- Motion picture industry -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Motion picture projectors 1
- New Jersey -- Genealogy 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- Genealogy 1
- Newark (N.J.) 1
- North Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Segregation -- Religious aspects -- Baptists 1
- Theaters -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- West End (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less
- Artist-Blacksmith’s Association of North America 1
- Atlanta Academy of Charm (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Avery, Beverly, 1937- 1
- Avery, Henry Thomas, 1900-1965 1
- Avery, Myra, 1923- 1
- Avery, Thomas Eugene, 1925-2002 1
- Bealer, Alex 1
- Bullock family 1
- Bullock, Rufus Brown 1
- Burdette, John Cladwell, Sr., 1869-1947 1
- Crandell family 1
- Crandell, Robert 1
- Green, Johnny E. 1
- Grove Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kohler, G.F. 1
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 1
- Plume Family 1
- Plume, Isaac 1
- Silvey, Mary 1
- Smillie, Irene Rose 1
- Smillie, Robert Thomas 1
- Smith, Gladys Mae, 1901-1974 1
- Tullie Smith House (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Tullie Smith House (Atlanta, Ga.). Blacksmith Guild 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Valentine family 1
- Wiley family 1 ∧ less