Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 81
Collection number: ahc.MSS1179
Scope and Content This collection contains a set of minutes from the Healey Real Estate and Improvement Company board of directors, two scrapbooks, and other family documents. One scrapbook records Oliver Markham Healey Sr.'s early childhood, and the other covers the wedding of Oliver Healey Sr. and Cornelia Orme Healey. Other materials include newspaper clippings about Cornelia Healey; Oliver Healy Sr.'s personal correspondence; a certificate from the Kiwanis International for Oliver Healey Sr.; stationery with...
Dates: 1901-1973, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS532f
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook of Helen Prior who graduated from Girls High School in 1910.
Collection number: ahc.MSS880f
Scope and Content This collection contains a recipe book, newspaper clippings, assorted deeds, an invitation, a photo, and a copy of Mamie Lowe Hubbard's driver's license.
Dates: 1889-1928, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS244
Scope and Content The images consist of photographs taken by Adams of outings of social clubs in Lenox Woods in Atlanta and Vinings, Georgia. The images are mounted in three loose scrapbooks. Of special interest are photographs taken for Miss Sallie Fannie Grant of the Everyday Tuesday Club at Vinings, in May 1887. Adams also captures some unidentified members of the Dixie Club at Vinings, in May 1889.
Collection number: ahc.MSS798
Scope and Content This baby book was kept by Natalie Taylor Sterrett. It includes photographs, notes, newspaper clippings and some school work.
Collection number: ahc.MSS384f
Scope and Content This collection contains a series of newspaper clippings, a letter to Irene Woodruff with a history of the Samuel Bowen Wight House located in the West End, and a copy of The Wesleyan Alumnae (Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia).
Collection number: ahc.MSS406f
Scope and Content This collection contains clippings about the social life of Jane Cooper of Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.VIS171
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographic images previously owned by Jeff Askew and Guy Dobbs. The first part of the collection features images of Askew's family and friends at various social functions including holiday and costume parties, from the late 1940s to the early 1970s. Photographs of Atlanta-native and actress Jane Withers, actor John Bromfield and his wife Mary Ellen Tillotson Bromfield, the Dobbs family, Billy Jones, and Dennis Machett are also included. Images from Guy Dobbs's photo...
Dates: 1946 - circa 1978, bulk circa 1955
Collection number: ahc.MSS330
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of four scrapbooks that contain cards, newspaper clippings, and photographs. The majority of the materials pertain to Atlanta events.
Dates: 1884-1917, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS519
Scope and Content This collection contains yearbooks, minutes, financial records, reports, programs, newspapers, and the constitution and by-laws for the Kentucky Club of Atlanta. Also included are manuscript drafts of historical sketches of the club.
Collection number: ahc.MSS14
Scope and Content This collection contains scrapbooks of newsclippings and memorobilia of Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.MSS906f
Scope and Content This collection contains transcriptions of diaries written by Marion Wesley Ray in which he wrote about his family and kept daily accounts in Bethlehem, Georgia. Also included are pieces of poetry written by Ray. Of particular note is the 1905 entry in which Ray describes the death of his mother, Sarah.
Collection number: ahc.MSS272
Scope and Content This collection contains one lineage book prepared by Sally Eugenia Brown for Mary Pope Cooper.
Collection number: ahc.MSS34f
Scope and Content This collection consists of a booklet of Mary Blanchard’s term examinations from 1876 to 1877 from Girls High School. The term examinations cover a variety of topics including: Geometry; English Literature, French, Latin and Chemistry. Also included is a booklet titled In Memoriam. In Memoriam is a tribute to the memory of Mary Blanchard written by the Browning Society at Girls High School and read on September 10, 1877. It includes condolences to her family and a poem about her life. Browning...
Collection number: ahc.MSS875f
Scope and Content This collection contains a recording and transcript of an interview with Mary Ivey Campbell done by Emily Bealer Calhoun. Campbell discusses growing up in Atlanta in the 1910s and 1920s as well as family, school, religion, and shopping.
Collection number: ahc.MSS65f
Scope and Content This collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, advertisements and other ephemera of Mildred Traver Coggin (1888-1979).
Collection number: ahc.MSS340
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of seven scrapbooks assembled by Mrs. D. Mitchell Cox. Included in the scrapbooks are newspaper clippings on the Daughters of the American Revolution, Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs, United Daughters of the Confederacy, and programs, photographs, and correspondence.
Dates: 1870-1930, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS257
Scope and Content This collection contains two scrapbooks that are primarily comprised of newspaper clippings.
Collection number: ahc.MSS339
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of a scrapbook created by Mrs. Lipscomb that contains photographs, newspaper clippings, and correspondence.
Dates: 1928-1951, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS264
Scope and Content The collection is a scrapbook that primarily contains newspaper clippings pertaining to the Arkwright family. Some of the events of interest include parties at "Pinebloom" (home of the Arkwrights), presentation of portrait of P.S. Arkwright's father, and an ice storm that left Atlanta, Georgia without lights. It also includes a folder with a certificate to Preston Stanley Arkwright from the Greensboro Lions Club for services rendered to the State of Georgia, June 22, 1939.
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs X
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Hartsfield, William Berry 3
- Junior League of Atlanta 3
- Adams family 2
- American Red Cross 2
- Arrington, Marvin S. 2
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Pioneer Women's Society 2
- Blanchard, Mary H. 2
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 2
- Cathedral of Christ the King (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- De Havilland, Olivia 2
- Fuller family 2
- Fuller, William Allen 2
- Gable, Clark, 1901-1960 2
- Grant, Sallie Fannie (Sarah Frances Reid), 1839-1920 2
- Haverty Furniture Companies 2
- Haverty family 2
- Haverty's Furniture Company 2
- Haverty, Clarence (James Clarence) 2
- Haverty, Elizabeth Rawson 2
- Haverty, J. J. (James Joseph) 2
- Haverty, Rawson (James Rawson), 1920-2007 2
- Kurtz, Annie Laurie Fuller, 1884-1946 2
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 2
- Leigh, Vivien 2
- Lombard, Carole 2
- Middleton family 2
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 2
- Munnerlyn family 2
- National Retail Furniture Association (U.S.) 2
- Rawson family 2
- Rhodes-Haverty Furniture Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Saint Joseph's Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Saint Joseph's Infirmary (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Southline (Newspaper) 2
- Southline Press, Inc. 2
- Tallulah Falls School (Tallulah Falls, Ga.) 2
- 688 Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Aaron, Betty 1
- Ackerman, A. K. 1
- Adams, Charles Clyde, 1900-1959 1
- Adams, Charles Matthew, 1871-1945 1
- Adams, Hugh B., 1865-1916 1
- Adams, Nancy Ann Holt, 1860-1942 1
- Allen, Frederick, 1948- 1
- Amara, Lucine, 1924- 1
- Ambrose, Jim 1
- Apollo Social Club, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Archambault, Charlie 1
- Arkwright family 1
- Arkwright, Dorothy Colquitt 1
- Arnett, Bill 1
- Arrowood, Bertha Harwood 1
- Art Institute of Atlanta 1
- Askerooth, Almeda Leona 1
- Askew, Jeff D. 1
- Atkinson, W. Y. (William Yates), 1854-1899 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Bach Choir 1
- Atlanta Black Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Chamber Players 1
- Atlanta Chess Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta International Raceway (Hampton, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 1
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Musical Association (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Peachtree Chorus 1
- Atlanta Rhythm Section (Musical group) 1
- Atlanta Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austin, Paul 1
- Banks, Carolyn 1
- Baptist Church of Bethlehem (Bethlehem, Ga.) 1
- Barnes, Roy E. (Roy Eugene), 1948- 1
- Barrow, Willie T. (Willie Taplin), 1924-2015 1
- Beautiful Restaurant (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bell and Stanton Public Relations (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Bellman, Russell 1
- Bernhardt, Sarah, 1844-1923 1
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Blanchard, Martha Lane Hill 1
- Blanchard, Moses C. 1
- Blanchard, Waid Hill 1
- Booker T. Washington High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brame, Charles 1
- Bressler, Celia 1
- Brooks, Tyrone 1
- Brown, Elijah Alexander, Sr. 1
- Brown, Harriet Elizabeth Johnson, 1869-1951 1
- Brown, Sally Eugenia, 1862-1942 1
- CAUTION, Inc. 1
- Calhoun, Emily Bealer 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carlisle family 1
- Carlisle, James Cosby 1 ∧ less