Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Collection number: ahc.MSS1103
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, newspapers, reports, and documents pertaining to the Atlanta Cyclorama and Civil War Museum, the history of the Atlanta Campaign of 1864, and the history of the Battle of Atlanta painting. Documents contained within this collection pertain to the maintenance and restoration of the painting as well as operation of the museum. These materials include correspondence between museum executives and conservators, office memos, research, narration scripts, and...
Dates: 1847-2013, undated; Majority of material found within 1963 - 2013
Collection number: ahc.VIS267
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs including parts of the painting depicting the Battle of Atlanta, portraits of generals, museum displays, creation and maintenance of the painting, and staff. Also included are photographs from Civil War reenactments and commemorations, museum events, the Cyclorama in Gettysburg, and Georgia landmarks such as Stone Mountain and the Old State Capitol in Milledgeville. Of special interest are maps of Civil War battles; a Cyclorama elevation plan; a Cyclorama...
Dates: 1884-2012, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS645f
Scope and Content The Cyclorama records include correspondence regarding the establishment and funding for a permanent home for the Cyclorama in Grant Park.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1023
Scope and Content The collection is primarily comprised of materials generated to promote the painting and solicit attendance. Also included is correspondence and invitations to special events hosted at the Atlanta Cyclorama site. There are other materials related to reports generated in advance of the restoration project and rededication of the painting and presentations in relation to interpretation at the site.
Dates: 1886-1980, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS540
Scope and Content This collection contains log books, progress reports, a copy of a master's thesis on panoramic paintings, temperature and humidity readings, and dedication ceremony programs and press releases.
Collection number: ahc.MSS515
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence to and from the Georgia Historical Commission, the Georgia National Register Board, the National Register Board, and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources regarding placing the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama on the Historic Register. The majority of the material focuses on the restoration of the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama.
Dates: 1958-1984, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS108
Scope and Content This collection contains the personal and business papers of Charles J. Haden and his wife, Annie Bates, including correspondence, land grants, clippings, maps, speeches, and printed material. Topics include genealogy, the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, the state Democratic Party, the Cherokee Slate Company, and the Cyclorama. Of particular note is a speech by Haden on cotton production in the South and the effects of various New Deal policies on southern economy, the Atlanta Convention Bureau...
Dates: 1847-1966, undated; Majority of material found within 1906 - 1950
Collection number: ahc.MSS635f
Scope and Content This collection contains a proclamation signed by Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young "in commemoration of the 120th anniversary of the Battle of Atlanta." It considers the history of Atlanta's emergence from the Civil War.
Dates: 1984 July 22
Collection number: ahc.MSS825
Scope and Content This collection contains all the records available from the Cyclorama Restoration project. These consist of the following: a copy of the conveyance of the painting to the city of Atlanta, the establishment of the charter and by-laws, Board of Directors, minutes of meetings, and financial records. There is also a record of correspondence, news clippings, and an alphabetical listing of the contributors to the renovation project.
Dates: 1975-1991, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1020
Scope and Content This collection contains primarily the personal and professional papers of Beverly Means DuBose, Jr. The bulk of the personal papers document DuBose's military service in the United States Navy. There is an assortment of training materials and periodicals issued by a variety of military agencies. Also included in this series are a few presentations given by DuBose and materials pertaining to the anti-communism movement in the United States in the early 1960s. The professional papers...
Dates: 1802-1985, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS998
Scope and Content The collection primarily contains materials pertaining to the activities of Captain Francis DeGress during and after the Civil War. Some of the documents include personal accounts of battle activities by Captain DeGress, field reports, military certificates, correspondence, official records of DeGress' Battery, and ledgers documenting clothing accounts for soldiers under his command. Of special interest is a letter from Theodore Davis to Mrs. Francis DeGress describing Captain DeGress'...
Dates: 1862-1917, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS195
Scope and Content The collection contains five photographs of Francis DeGress. Most are portrait shots with the exception of one which is a group shot of eight gentlemen in uniform.
Dates: 1864, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS97f
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains a typed copy of a letter written by John Dunlap to his father William Dunlap during the Atlanta Campaign in the Civil War on July 30, 1864. His letter states that he expects that the Union will overtake the Confederacy in the next battle. The next letter was written on June 13, 1969 by Jack C. Delius and thanks John Dunlap’s great- grandson, Garland S. Wells, Jr., for donating the original letter to the Cyclorama in Atlanta, Georgia. Also included in the collection, is...
Collection number: ahc.MSS72
Scope and Content This collection includes daily cost and progress reports created during the construction of the diorama of the Cyclorama and other pertinent documents.
Dates: 1928-1984, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS113
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection of public relations photographs contains images of the city of Atlanta that were created for the Forward Atlanta campaign in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and were meant to showcase the city. Some images were probably taken in support of other public relations activities of Bell and Stanton, but are not identified as such. Included are aerial views of downtown Atlanta, Midtown, and the Peachtree Center area, which highlight the city’s skyline and infrastructure. Other...
Dates: circa 1960-1970
Collection number: ahc.VIS281
Scope and Content This collection contains images of historic buildings: the Georgia State Capitol and Second Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia; a group on the veranda of the National Hotel in Dalton, Georgia; and a group posing near Tallulah Falls. Other images feature Mr. and Mrs. Amory Brown of Macon, Georgia; a wedding cake trimmed by Mrs. Amory Brown; Brown Park in Canton, Georgia; and several images of the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama painting.
Dates: approximately 1870-1912, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS136
Scope and Contents of the Records Included in this collection are photographs of Atlanta buildings and parks. Images include the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary, Piedmont Park, the Cyclorama building in Grant Park, the Hurt Building and Hurt Park, the Municipal Auditorium, Rich’s Department Store, and The Temple and other scenes on Peachtree Street.
Collection number: ahc.MSS739
Scope and Content This collection contains material pertaining to the restoration of the Atlanta Cyclorama, including invoices, receipts, newspaper clippings, employee information, payrolls, bank statements, and correspondence.
Dates: 1958-1986, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS197
Scope and Content This collection contains the family photographs of the Kurtz and Fuller families as well as visual materials Kurtz created and collected during the course of his career. Family photographs pertain to Kurtz and Fuller families as well as a few images from Annie Pye Kurtz prior to her marriage to Wilbur Sr. Also included are images of Wilbur Sr. and friends during his time in Chicago, Illinois. The bulk of this collection is photographic materials which support the research and field work...
Dates: 1859-1972, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS194
Scope and Content The footage, in its original format, is one reel of black and white acetate 16mm film. The film is edited from several individual reels and includes title and story cards. The first several minutes of the film captures the arrival of the principal actors and studio executives as they disembark at Atlanta Municipal Airport and proceed down the streets of Atlanta. There are many close-up shots of principal actors including Olivia De Havilland, Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Ona Munson, and Laura...
- Names: Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Cycloramas -- Georgia -- Atlanta 13
- Atlanta (Ga.) 5
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 5
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns 5
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 4
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 4
- Panoramas -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Battlefields 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 3
- Actresses -- Georgia 2
- Advertising -- Georgia 2
- Aerial photographs 2
- Chattanooga Railroad Expedition, 1862 2
- Cityscapes 2
- Dalton (Ga.) 2
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 2
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 2
- Historic sites -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 2
- Houses -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Legal instruments -- Georgia 2
- Macon (Ga.) 2
- Military maneuvers -- Georgia 2
- Painting, American -- Conservation and restoration 2
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Pickett's Mill Battlefield Historic Site (Ga.) 2
- Stone Mountain (Ga.) 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Registers 2
- Account books -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Aerial views -- 1960-1970 1
- African Americans -- Georgia 1
- African Americans -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Agriculture 1
- Allatoona (Ga.) 1
- American diaries 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- United States 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Avondale Estates (Ga.) 1
- Awards -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Banks and Banking -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Barnsley Gardens (Bartow County, Ga.) 1
- Bartow County (Ga.) 1
- Baseball -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Baton Rouge (La.) 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Butler Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Canton (Ga.) 1
- Capital stock -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Carnago (Ill.) 1
- Catoosa County (Ga.) 1
- Cemeteries 1
- Central business districts -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Charleston (S.C.) 1
- Chattahoochee River 1
- Church buildings -- Georgia 1
- Church buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Clayton County (Ga.) -- Aerial views 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Cobb County (Ga.) 1
- Columbus (Ga.) 1
- Darien (Conn.) 1
- DeKalb County (Ga.) -- Aerial views 1
- Depressions -- 1929 -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Douglas County (Ga.) -- Aerial views 1
- Entertainment events -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Exhibitions -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Farm equipment 1
- Farming -- Georgia 1
- Firearms -- Confederate States of America 1
- Five Points (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Floyd County (Ga.) 1
- Football -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Fort Oglethorpe (Ga.) 1
- Fulton County (Ga.) 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gone with the wind (Motion picture : 1939) 1
- Gordon County (Ga.) 1
- Great Locomotive Chase (Motion picture) 1
- Greencastle (Ind.) 1
- Griffin (Ga.) 1
- Guntersville (Ala.) 1
- Historians 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Historic buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Historic preservation -- Georgia 1
- Historical reenactments -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Hurt Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Invitation cards -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Jones Beach State Park (N.Y.) 1
- Jones County (Ga.) 1
- Kennesaw (Ga.) 1
- Kennesaw (Ga.) -- History 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Land grants -- Georgia 1
- Locomotives -- Equipment and supplies -- Catalogs 1
- Locomotives -- Georgia 1
- Locomotives -- Maintenance and repair 1 ∧ less