Parker Lowell Photograph Collection
Collection number: ahc.VIS136
Scope and Contents of the Records
Included in this collection are photographs of Atlanta buildings and parks. Images include the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary, Piedmont Park, the Cyclorama building in Grant Park, the Hurt Building and Hurt Park, the Municipal Auditorium, Rich’s Department Store, and The Temple and other scenes on Peachtree Street.
- Lowell, Parker (Person)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
No biographical information is available for Parker Lowell.
Arrangement of the Papers
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
General Physical Description note
9 black and white prints (1 oversized box)
Collection processed in 2007.
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Football -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Grady High School (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Grant Field (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Lowell, Parker
- Office buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Recreation areas -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Rich's (Retail store)
- Skyscrapers -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Sports -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Stores, Retail -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Synagogues -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Temple (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States Penitentiary, Atlanta, Georgia
- Parker Lowell Photograph Collection, 1949ahc.VIS 136
- Inventory prepared by Paul Crater
- July 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note