Atlanta Historical Society
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents This collection contains postcards that depict scenes in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. Most of the images are of man-made structures in Atlanta including Agnes Scott College, Atlanta Municipal Airport (now Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport), Biltmore Hotel, Booker T. Washington High School, Bulloch Hall, Candler Building, Capitol City Club, City Hall, Clark College (now Clark Atlanta University), Atlanta Cyclorama at Grant Park, English-American (Flatiron) Building, Fort McPherson,...
Dates: 1899-1990, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains images taken of the Tullie Smith House in its original location at 2890 North Druid Hills Road in Atlanta, DeKalb County, Georgia.
Dates: approximately 1940
Scope and Content This collection contains architectural drawings, sketches, artwork, and photos of Shutze's professional work, his travels, his personal life, and his antiques. The architectural drawings are from the firms of Norrman, Hentz & Reid; Hentz & Reid; Hentz, Reid & Adler; Hentz, Adler & Shutze; and Shutze & Armistead, as well as drawings representing historic buildings designed by other architects and firms. Among his most well known buildings are Swan House owned by Edward and...
Dates: 1820-1993, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains items that document the club's efforts to support the Tullie Smith House and Farm. Included in the collection are writings about the Tullie Smith House, correspondence about the publication of the Tullie Smith House booklet, and Atlanta Historical Society (later Atlanta History Center) publications and newsletters. Of special interest are notes for a Yule Log slide presentation.