Poppy Garden Club records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains items that document the club's efforts to support the Tullie Smith House and Farm. Included in the collection are writings about the Tullie Smith House, correspondence about the publication of the Tullie Smith House booklet, and Atlanta Historical Society (later Atlanta History Center) publications and newsletters. Of special interest are notes for a Yule Log slide presentation.
- Poppy Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Biographical / Historical
The Poppy Garden Club of Atlanta, Georgia, was formed in the 1950s. The club is an ongiong supporter of the Tullie Smith House and Farm (later Smith Family Farm) at the Atlanta History Center. Club projects include fundraisers, holiday decorations, garden maintenance, docent volunteering, exhibits, programs, and media promotion. In addition the club donated two deer sculptures to the Atlanta History Center's Mary Howard Memorial Quarry Garden. In 1986 the club published the booklet, Tullie Smith House. The club is an active member of The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. and is governed by elected officers.
This collection is arranged alphabetically by titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2021.
- Architecture, Domestic -- Georgia -- History -- 19th century
- Atlanta Historical Society
- Christmas -- Folklore
- Farmhouses -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 19th century
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies, etc.
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration
- Historic buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Poppy Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Tullie Smith House (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Poppy Garden Club records
- Jennie Oldfield
- April 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description