Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Collection number: ahc.MSS274
Scope and Content This collection contains the stock book of the Copenhill Land Company.
Collection number: ahc.MSS104f
Scope and Content This collection contains news articles from the Atlanta Constitution written by George Erwin. Subjects of articles include businessmen George West, Bill Wall, Luther Randall, David Wall, Alfred Abrams, Harry Norman, Ira Hardin, Frank Berry, Bob Rothberg, Alfred Green, Preston Stevens, Bill Craig, Francis P. Smith, Frank Conner, John W. Grant, William Oliver, Wheat Williams, Alvin Cates, and others in the real estate business in Atlanta, Georgia. The letter is...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1179
Scope and Content This collection contains a set of minutes from the Healey Real Estate and Improvement Company board of directors, two scrapbooks, and other family documents. One scrapbook records Oliver Markham Healey Sr.'s early childhood, and the other covers the wedding of Oliver Healey Sr. and Cornelia Orme Healey. Other materials include newspaper clippings about Cornelia Healey; Oliver Healy Sr.'s personal correspondence; a certificate from the Kiwanis International for Oliver Healey Sr.; stationery with...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1063
Scope and Content This collection consists of papers related to Henry Burr Green's life and family. Documents related to his military service and real estate career comprise the largest portion of the collection. The papers cover multiple facets of Green's life including his long-term involvement in the Presbyterian Church, his membership in multiple fraternities while attending Alabama Polytechnic Institute (now Auburn University), and his extensive involvement with the real estate community (1946-1987). Due to...
Collection number: ahc.VIS308
Scope and Content This collection contains black-and-white photographs accumulated by Henry Burr Green in the process of conducting real estate business for Cheves-Green Enterprises, the mortgage loan, real estate, property management, and insurance company of which he was President. Most photos were taken by commercial photographer Walter M. Wright, and depict residential homes and office buildings in Atlanta, College Park, Decatur, East Point, and Marietta. Highlights include the Healey Building, Henry Grady...
Collection number: ahc.MSS23
Scope and Content These papers consist of business papers of Jack Adair, the Adair Realty Company, and real estate in Atlanta. Papers include newspaper clippings, correspondence, various business papers including contracts, bonds, deeds, notes,etc., roster of the Peachtree Golf Club, maps, a scrapbook, and Civil War memorabilia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS203
Scope and Content This collection includes correspondence and financial documents involving Joseph S. Reynolds and his family. Reynolds correspondents mostly included mortgage brokers, attorneys, property managers, and insurance agents in Georgia and several Southeastern and Midwestern states. The content of these typed letters relate to the maintenance, finance, and sale of Mr. Reynolds properties. Included among the letters is a business proposition from H.A. Etheridge of Atlanta, who was seeking investors in...
Collection number: ahc.VIS290
Scope and Content This collection includes city maps of Atlanta and its suburbs, as well as plat maps drawn to facilitate the purchase of new homes in neighborhoods and subdivisions in Fulton, DeKalb and Cobb counties. The maps illustrate the physical growth of the city of Atlanta and the creation of neighborhoods in and around the city in the latter half of the 19th century through the late 20th century.
Collection number: ahc.MSS495
Scope and Content This collection contains deeds, surveys, plat diagrams, and broadsides.
Collection number: ahc.MSS751
Scope and Content This collection includes correspondence to Robert W. Barnwell, two bound books containing lists of properties for sale, numerous brochures of properties for sale by the Massell Realty Company, printed materials, and a broadside.
Collection number: ahc.MSS773f
Scope and Content This collection contains material from Smith's professional activities. Items include correspondence, warranty deeds, loan documents, bills of sale, legal documents, and promissory notes.
Collection number: ahc.MSS695
Scope and Content This collection contains a wide variety of material on the life and career of Sam Massell, Jr. It offers an excellent look at the careers of Sam Massell both as a political figure and as a businessman. There is also information relating to the many civic, political, and business organizations in which Sam Massell was involved. There are thirteen different series with topics such as Civil Rights, speeches, political information, trips, news releases, etc.
Collection number: ahc.VIS322
Scope and Content This collection documents the public life of former Atlanta Mayor Sam Massell. The majority of the images in the collection depict his time as mayor; others document his career as a realtor and member of the City of Atlanta Board of Aldermen. The images also document Massell's ceremonial duties as mayor, including presiding over groundbreakings; presenting keys to the city to special visitors; and ceremonies involving MARTA and Delta Airlines. The collection features images of Massell hosting...
Collection number: ahc.MSS2
Scope and Contents of the Records These records contain legal and business papers relating to the business and property holdings in Atlanta of the TWFB Corporation.
Collection number: ahc.MSS312
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of a single scrapbook that contains newspaper clippings. The clippings are primarily ads for property for sale by the firm.
- Subject: Real estate business -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Massell, Sam 3
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 2
- Cheves-Green Enterprises, Inc (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Green, Henry Burr 2
- National League of Cities 2
- United States Conference of Mayors 2
- A.C. Wagner Co. 1
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 1
- Adair Realty Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Adair, George Washington, 1823- 1
- Adair, Jack, 1913-1974 1
- Adair, Perry 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 1
- Alliance Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Alpha Phi Omega 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau 1
- Atlanta Title and Trust Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Auburn University 1
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Barnwell, Robert W. 1
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 1
- Burton, H. (Harry) 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Commercial Lease Corporation (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Copenhill Land Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Davison Paxon Stokes Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Delta Sigma Pi 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- East Atlanta Auto Repair Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Empire Trust Company 1
- Erwin, George 1
- Ford Plumbing and Heating Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- George Muse Clothing Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Railway & Power Company 1
- Green, Alfred Franklin 1
- Harrison, DeSales 1
- Harrison, Pegram, of Atlanta, Ga. 1
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport 1
- Healey Real Estate and Improvement Company 1
- Healey family 1
- Healey, Cornelia Orme 1
- Healey, Oliver Markham, 1909-1995 1
- Healey, William T., 1853-1920 1
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hess, Kate Green 1
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio) 1
- Inman Park Restoration, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Jackson, Maynard 1
- King, Coretta Scott 1
- Knights of Columbus 1
- Marshall's Pharmacy (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Massell, L. I. 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 1
- Mitchell, Carolyn Louis Reynolds 1
- Model Cities Program (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Muskie, Edmund S. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- Peachtree Presbyterian Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity 1
- Reynolds and Whitman (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Reynolds family 1
- Reynolds, Joseph S. 1
- Rich Brothers Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Shakerag Hounds (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Sigma Chi Fraternity 1
- Smith, Robert H. 1
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- TWFB Corporation (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Trio Laundry and Cleaning Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Nations Association. Atlanta Chapter 1
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 1
- United States. Army 1
- United War Work Campaign, Inc. 1
- University of the South 1
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Decatur, Ga.) 1
- W. M. Scott Realty Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Washington Seminary (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Wright, Walter M. 1 ∧ less