Collection number: ahc.VIS290
Scope and Content
This collection includes city maps of Atlanta and its suburbs, as well as plat maps drawn to facilitate the purchase of new homes in neighborhoods and subdivisions in Fulton, DeKalb and Cobb counties. The maps illustrate the physical growth of the city of Atlanta and the creation of neighborhoods in and around the city in the latter half of the 19th century through the late 20th century.
- 1853-1991, undated
- Adair Realty Company (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
System of Arrangement
This collection is organized in two series: 1. Atlanta city maps, 2. Plat maps. Maps in series one are listed by their published titles, with the exceptions of titles included in brackets [ ] which are supplied by staff. Maps in series two are arranged by land district number according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 1956 and subsequent additions
This collection was processed in 2018.
- Acquisition of property -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Adair Realty Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- African Americans -- Segregation
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Maps
- Cadastral maps
- Fulton County (Ga.) -- Maps
- Neighborhoods -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Real estate business -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Real estate development -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Real property -- Valuation -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Real property -- Valuation -- Georgia -- Fulton County
- Road maps
- Map collection
- Paul Crater
- April 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.