Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 25
Scope and Content This collection contains both residential and commercial landscape drawings for clients throughout the southeast United States. Also included are a few projects for international clients. The majority of projects are residential clients.
Dates: 1982-2008, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Dates: 1918-2010, undated; Majority of material found within 1979 - 2010
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architecture drawings of residential properties in Atlanta, Georgia.
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, client proposals, financial records, plant lists, project notes, and research notes that document Daugherty's landscape architecture career. Material includes a broad range of projects, such as private gardens, corporate headquarters, schools and cultural institutions. Also a part of the collection are correspondence, notes, reports, and case studies from professional organizations and committee work. Included are items from the Atlanta street tree...
Dates: 1908-1998, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains drawings of projects including private gardens, corporate clients, schools, cultural institutions, large developments, parks, and cemeteries. Notable projects are the Atlanta Historical Society (Atlanta History Center), Atlanta Botanical Garden, Coca-Cola Headquarters Complex, Piedmont Hospital, Agnes Scott College, Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and a large cross section of private residences in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta. Also a part of...
Dates: 1928-2013, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architectural drawings and photographs of Eugene Martini and his projects. Landscape architecture projects illustrate his focus on land planning and land use. Among his notable projects are Northside Methodist Church (Atlanta, Georgia), Springs Valley Mobile Home Court (Mobile, Alabama), and Cocoa Isles and Rivers Isles communities (Cocoa Beach, Florida). The collection also includes photographs of the Martini family and Eugene Martini from childhood through...
Dates: 1946-1970, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains chiefly correspondence, but also includes professional publications, seminar lectures and writings as well as family genealogy. Correspondence consists of letters and statements to residential clients, corporations, and government entities. Letters to local landscape architects, professional organizations, and family members are also included. Documents provide insight into Martini's work with site planning, subdivision planning, and career development. Personal...
Dates: 1780-1967, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans for the Governor's Mansion Memorial Garden providing details of stone work, retaining walls, terraces, and benches. Drawings include identified trees, shrubs, and garden features.
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans, pamphlets, reports, and a directory that provide details on the career of G. Eric Harkness. Materials are from a variety of projects, including commercial, residential, and government clients. Pamphlets show a wide range of interests and topics from ornamental plants to city street planning.
Dates: 1957-2006, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings and photographic prints that landscape architect G. Eric Harkness produced between 1954 and 1994. A variety of projects are represented such as city planning, commercial and residential properties, parks and urban renewal developments. Of special interest are drawings and plans for Alpine Village of Helen, Georgia.
Dates: 1954-1994, undated
Scope and Content The collection includes drawings that document Baldwin's landscape architecture career from university course work in 1947 through projects executed in 2003. The projects include country clubs, hospitals, medical facilities, marinas, multi-family residential, parks, public housing, religious, schools, single-family residential, urban development and urban renewal. Projects of special interest to Atlanta and the Southeast include Atlanta Athletic Country Club, Falcon Training Center, MARTA...
Dates: 1947-2003, undated
Scope and Content The collection includes files that document Baldwin's landscape architecture career. The Project Records contain correspondence and other materials related to projects completed by Baldwin and Associates and show Baldwin's collaboration with such practitioners as African American architect Leon G. Allain and female landscape architect Edith Harrison Henderson. The Professional Papers contain Baldwin's coursework at the University of Georgia, professional correspondence, registration...
Dates: 1947-2001, undated
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains research materials collected by James R. Cothran including seed and nursery catalogs; information regarding botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects, and landscape architectural firms; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; historic gardens of the Southeast region; and professional materials including correspondence, papers authored, and awards received. The collection consists primarily of photocopies of research material including seed and...
Dates: 1744-2012, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains slides, photographs, and negatives taken or collected by Cothran depicting topics such as botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; and historic gardens of the Southeast, other regions of the United States, and Europe. Material also includes images used in Cothran's lectures and books he authored. The majority of the collection consists of images taken by Cothran on his travels or collected during...
Dates: 1932-2011, undated
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of landscape plans, photographs, negatives, and slides created by Atlanta landscape designer, Julia Orme Martin, from 1971 to 1995. The collection consists of primarily landscape designs for residential properties in the neighborhoods of Ansley Park and Buckhead, in Atlanta, Georgia. Of particular note are the drawings pertaining to the Columbus Museum in Columbus, Georgia as well as those pertaining to the Tompkins property on West Wesley Road in Atlanta, Georgia....
Dates: 1971-1995, undated
Scope and Content The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
Dates: 1937-1997, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings of both William L. Monroe, Sr. and William L. Monroe, Jr., as part of the Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Company, and represent a wide variety of clients including residential, commercial, churches, and parks. Of special note is a landscape plan of Chastain Woods for Chastain Memorial Park.
Dates: 1934-1987, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains materials such as professional correspondence, accounting and financial records, and client plant lists, orders, and landscape drawings. Also included are correspondence and plant orders with numerous nurseries in the South. Additionally, personal letters, financial documents, and university correspondence are part of this collection. Of special note is correspondence with professor Ralph W. Curtis of Cornell University on his research on broad leafed evergreens with...
Dates: 1906-1968, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs and postcards which provide details of the personal, military, and professional career of Norman Butts in New York, France, and Georgia. Included are images of his early family life, college years at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, and landscaping projects in Atlanta, Georgia. Both Butts' work with Ashford Park Nurseries in Brookhaven and his own Atlanta landscaping business are represented. Of special interest are photographs of the gardens and...
Dates: 1880-1946, undated
- Subject: Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta. X
- Gardens -- Design 13
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 12
- Landscape architecture -- Southern States 12
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 11
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 9
- City planning -- Georgia -- Atlanta 7
- Land use -- Planning 6
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 6
- Urban landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 6
- Formal gardens -- Design 5
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 5
- Landscape design -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Landscape design -- Southern States 4
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Georgia 4
- Nursery growers -- Georgia 4
- Land use -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia 3
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States -- History 3
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- City planning 2
- City planning -- Southern States 2
- Gardening -- Georgia 2
- Gardening -- Southern States 2
- Gardens -- Southern States -- History 2
- Helen (Ga.) 2
- Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration 2
- Landscape architecture -- Florida 2
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Catalogs 2
- Parks -- Georgia -- DeKalb County 2
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States 2
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States -- History 2
- Public housing -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Architecture, Domestic -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Brookhaven (Ga.) 1
- Camp Lee (Va.) 1
- Cemeteries -- Georgia 1
- Express highways -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Express highways -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1950-1960 1
- Gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Gardens -- Southern States 1
- Heirloom varieties (Plants) -- United States 1
- Historic gardens -- Georgia 1
- Historic gardens -- Southern States 1
- Horticulture -- Catalogs 1
- Horticulture -- Georgia 1
- Ithaca (N.Y.) 1
- Land use -- Georgia 1
- Landscape architects -- Georgia 1
- Landscape architecture -- South Carolina -- Charleston 1
- Landscape architecture -- United States 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States 1
- Landscape plants -- Heirloom varieties -- United States 1
- Landscapes -- Georgia 1
- Landscapes -- New York (State) 1
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Southern States 1
- Parks 1
- Parks -- Georgia 1
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Poughkeepsie (N.Y.) 1
- Public housing -- Southern States 1
- Real estate development -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Real estate development -- Southern States 1
- Roses -- Varieties 1
- Scrabble (Game) 1
- Seeds -- Catalogs 1
- Shade trees -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Tree planting -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Trees in cities -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban beautification -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban forestry -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban renewal 1
- Urban renewal -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Waterfalls -- New York (State) 1
- Women gardeners -- Georgia 1
- Women landscape architects -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 4
- Baldwin, Harry J. 4
- Daugherty, Edward L. 4
- Martini and Associates, Landscape Architects and Planning Consultants (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 4
- Butts, Norman C. 3
- Franklin-Smith Associates 3
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Southeast Chapter 2
- Ashford Park Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 2
- Baldwin and Associates Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Cothran, James R. 2
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 2
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 2
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 2
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 2
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 2
- Harkness, G. Eric (George Eric) 2
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 2
- Martin, Julia Orme 2
- Martini, Eugene R. 2
- Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Monroe, William L., 1892-1965 2
- Monroe, William L., 1925-1999 2
- Pauley, William C. (William Crooks) 2
- Techwood Homes (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Anderson, Richard, 1947- 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Butts family 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooke & Swope (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooke, E. Burton 1
- Daugherty/Anderson and Associates 1
- Monroe Gardens (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Monroe family 1
- Monroe, Evelyn D. (Evelyn Doris) 1
- Monroe, Ila S. (Ila Smith) 1
- Norman C. Butts Nursery (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc. 1
- William T. Smith and Associates Inc. 1 ∧ less