Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 44
Collection number: ahc.MSS1182
Scope and Content This collection contains reports created by the Atlanta Assessment Project about the Atlanta Public School System. These reports outline the goals for the Atlanta Public School System, as well as how to reach these goals. The collection also contains reports on the school system for years prior to the project, as well as papers on the history of the city. Of particular note are critiques written by Atlanta residents on one of the reports that concern the economy, demographics, employment, civil...
Dates: 1917-1973, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS787f
Scope and Content This collection contains the composition books and loose papers documenting the meetings of the Atlanta Astronomical Society. The entirety of the collection documents the topic of discussions and the date of each meeting, and some entries include the attendees and time of each meeting. The location of each meeting, which changed often, is articulated in most of the entries. The composition books contain entries written by secretary Truitt Harper, dated up to January 7, 1928. The loose papers...
Dates: 1926-1928, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS372
Scope and Content The bulk of this collection is the records generated by the Atlanta Committee for International Visitors. Also included in the collection are newspaper clippings about the organization and biographical data on visitors.
Collection number: ahc.VIS241
Scope and Content The collection contains photographs of the Atlanta Council of International Visitors (ACIV) from 1969-1979. The photographs consist of black and white and color images of global leaders, students, and professionals who represented countries worldwide. Of special interest are photographs of students visiting Atlanta as a part of the 1975 ACIV Homestay program. Also of note are photographs of Latin American journalists visiting with Governor Jimmy Carter in 1972.
Collection number: ahc.MSS827
Scope and Content This collection consists of two scrapbooks, volumes 2 and 5, of an unknown number produced as part of the Atlanta Public Forum project. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings on public events related to education and the forum in 1937. Each volume has an index attached.
Collection number: ahc.VIS40
Scope and Content The images consist of portraits of Dr. Benjamin E. Mays, primarily at public events such as graduation ceremonies or committee meetings during his tenure as the president of Morehouse College. Other photographs consist of Mays with other individuals or groups, including faculty members. Most of the group photographs are identified by event only and include general faculty or administrators posed in cap and gown, consisting of Benjamin E. Mays; Charles E. Merrill, Chairman, Board of Trustees,...
Dates: approximately 1947-1981
Collection number: ahc.MSS364
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of materials pertaining to the Boys High School. The bulk of the collection is newspaper clippings and class reunion documents such as programs and minutes.
Dates: 1907-1947, undated
Collection number: ahc.CityofAtlanta
Scope and Content This collection consists of administrative records from the City of Atlanta, which have been divided into sixteen series. Records include materials pertaining to select mayors of Atlanta and correspondence and memos from the Executive Office. The collection also includes City Council and Board of Alderman legislation, minutes, and proceedings. Records also include material regarding transportation, public safety, finance, planning and community development, courts, public works, and maps. ...
Dates: 1848-2009, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS891
Scope and Content The collection contains original tapes and transcripts of six interviews.
Collection number: ahc.MSS459
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook with newspaper clippings, correspondence, invitations, and memorabilia during Daisy Smith's school years in Atlanta Public Schools and Girls' High School.
Dates: 1910-1920, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS525
Scope and Content This collection consists of nine scrapbooks documenting the activities of Delta Kappa Gamma, Alpha Chapter.
Collection number: ahc.MSS344
Scope and Content This collection contains assorted materials relating to Tech High School and Girls High School. Included in the collection are programs, invitations, course of study records, and school newspapers.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1129
Scope and Content This collection consists of materials about MacRae's teaching career, including correspondence, manuscripts, speech transcripts, and news clippings. Of particular interest is MacRae’s critical writing against “career education,” the movement in the 1970s in the United States Department of Education away from a general education and toward training grade school and high school students for a career and vocation.
Dates: 1964-1986, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS133
Scope and Contents of the Records The photographs in this collection depict activities in Druid Hills Elementary School. The young children from Miss Comfort’s class at Druid Hills Elementary are shown learning in the classroom and outdoors, eating lunch in the cafeteria, and taking naps on the classroom floor. The photographs were taken by a photographer from Reeves Studios in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS358
Scope and Content This collection primarily consists of materials collected by Durice Dickerson Hanson during her education and career as a nurse, specifically information regarding the profession and public health; Grady Memorial Hospital and its nursing schools; and various nursing associations. Materials include booklets, pamphlets, event programs, rosters, newsletters, and annual reports. The collection also includes James Butler Hanson's military papers, booklets and a map related to his Zone Oil Company,...
Dates: 1907-1973, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS517f
Scope and Content This collection contains a memoir by the daughter of Theodore and Edwine Schumann.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1059
Scope and Content This collection consists of one scrapbook concerning the Memorial Forest project carried out by the Atlanta Public Schools. Included in the scrapbooks are photos, correspondence, and clippings providing details of the project.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1004
Scope and Content The collection includes administrative materials focusing on the organization of programs as well as statistics on the visitors and their interests. Other administrative materials include by-laws, minutes from board and executive meetings, public relations materials, fundraising documents, newsletters, and documentation of the programs hosted by the organization. The bulk of the collection is itineraries for group and individual visits to Atlanta. The itineraries detail participants’ tours...
Collection number: ahc.MSS365
Scope and Content This collection is primarily comprised of materials pertaining to Girls' High School student activities, commencements, and reunions. There is also a series of scrapbooks and issues of the school newspaper, "Girls' High Times."
Dates: 1873-1947, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS326
Scope and Content This collection contains various photographs of class photos, faculty photos, and physical education classes, Christmas decorations and alumni of Girls High School. There is also a photo of the Board of Education committee of the Atlanta City Council.
Dates: 1875-1943, undated
- Subject: Education -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Georgia Institute of Technology 4
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Education 3
- Hartsfield, William Berry 3
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 3
- Technological High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 2
- American Red Cross 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 2
- Atlanta Committee for International Visitors 2
- Atlanta Council for International Visitors 2
- Atlanta History Center 2
- Atlanta Public Schools 2
- Atlanta University Center (Ga.) 2
- Black, Charles A. 2
- Bolden, Willie 2
- Boone, Alethea Williams 2
- Boys High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Clayton, Xernona 2
- Coleman, George 2
- Curry, Constance 2
- Dillard, Morris 2
- Douglas, Lydia 2
- Dove, Pearlie C. 2
- Edge, Robert 2
- Emory University 2
- Fowlkes, William 2
- Gaines, Billie Davis 2
- Georgia. General Assembly 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Glustrom, John 2
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Hill, Jesse 2
- Holmes, Herbert 2
- Hornsby, Alton 2
- Hudson, John Davis 2
- International Visitor Leadership Program. 2
- King, Lonnie 2
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 2
- Lee Street School (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Lokey, Muriel 2
- Luker, Ralph 2
- Parham, Johnny 2
- Pendergrast, Nan 2
- Potts, Portia Harden 2
- Powell, Faye Bellamy 2
- Ricks, Willie Floyd 2
- Sibley, John 2
- Smith, John B. 2
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 2
- Swann, Ernest 2
- United States. Department of State 2
- Vivian, C. T. 2
- Wade, Lyndon A. (Lyndon Anthony) 2
- Warner, Clinton E. 2
- Westminster Schools (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- William A. Bass Junior High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Alexander, Geraldine 1
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 1
- American Nurses' Association 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Health 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Buildings 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks and Recreation 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Traffic Engineering Department 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Arts Alliance 1
- Atlanta Assessment Project (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Astronomical Society 1
- Atlanta Black Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission 1
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Daily World (Firm) 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta Housing Authority 1
- Atlanta International Student Bureau 1
- Atlanta Medical College 1
- Atlanta Memorial Park (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Public Library 1
- Atlanta Public School System 1
- Atlanta Regional Commission 1
- Atlanta Transit System, Inc. 1
- Atlanta University 1
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Barker, Jennie Meta, 1883-1978 1
- Behre, Emilie Schumann 1
- Benjamin, Dorothy 1
- Berry, Martha, 1866-1942 1 ∧ less