Skip to main content

Druid Hills Elementary Photograph Collection

 Collection
Collection number: ahc.VIS133

Scope and Contents of the Records

The photographs in this collection depict activities in Druid Hills Elementary School. The young children from Miss Comfort’s class at Druid Hills Elementary are shown learning in the classroom and outdoors, eating lunch in the cafeteria, and taking naps on the classroom floor. The photographs were taken by a photographer from Reeves Studios in Atlanta, Georgia.

Dates

  • 1935–1936

Creator

Restrictions on Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Druid Hills School opened in 1919 through Emory University as a school for faculty children, grades kindergarten to eleventh. In 1928, the school was moved to 1798 Hayward Drive, in Atlanta, and in 1959, this location began to house only grades eight through twelve, as the elementary grades were moved to Fernbank Elementary.

Extent

8 image(s)

Language

English

Arrangement of the Papers

This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.

General Physical Description note

8 black and white prints (1 oversized box)

Processing Information

Collection processed in 2006.
Title
Druid Hills Elementary Photograph Collection, 1935 – 1936ahc.VIS 133
Author
Inventory prepared by Paul Crater
Date
July 2009
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040