Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Collection number: ahc.MSS789f
Scope and Content This collection primarily consists of telegrams sent to Alton Bowie Reddick, Jr. (1920-2009) in regards to the Time Capsule Committee project. Telegrams were sent from Ralph McGill (1898-1969), Mayor William B. Hartsfield (1890-1971), and Collett E. Woolman (1899-1966), with predictions of Atlanta's growth and development between 1959 and 1998. There are also newspaper clippings with predictions of urban growth in every city and county in Georgia between 1959 and 2033.
Collection number: ahc.MSS862f
Scope and Content This collection contains materials from the 1959 conference and convention of the American Institute of Industrial Engineers in Atlanta, Georgia. Included are a scenic map of Atlanta, pamphlets on the history of Georgia and popular attractions, the conference schedule and agenda, and a directory of exhibits. Also included are a complete list of attendees, and a nametag and a resume belonging to Joseph M. Lee Jr. (1921-1999).
Collection number: ahc.MSS591
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists primarily of the records of Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. The collection includes a small amount of material (1929-1952) from predecessor organizations: Central Atlanta Improvement Association, Greater Atlanta for Annexation, Inc, and the Central Marietta Street Association. The collection also includes early correspondence regarding the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railroad and the construction of viaducts and bridges in downtown Atlanta in the 1920s and...
Collection number: ahc.CityofAtlanta
Scope and Content This collection consists of administrative records from the City of Atlanta, which have been divided into sixteen series. Records include materials pertaining to select mayors of Atlanta and correspondence and memos from the Executive Office. The collection also includes City Council and Board of Alderman legislation, minutes, and proceedings. Records also include material regarding transportation, public safety, finance, planning and community development, courts, public works, and maps. ...
Collection number: ahc.VIS237
Scope and Content The images in this collection consist of photographs of the construction of the Atlanta Civic Center taken by David James Messer, Sr. Photographs include black and white interior and exterior images of the auditorium of the convention center and the exhibit building for the City of Atlanta. Messer produced monthly images to document the stages of the Atlanta Civic Center's development. The collection depicts views of the initial groundbreaking in 1965 to the completion of the convention center...
Collection number: ahc.VIS215
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architecture drawings of residential properties in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS997
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, client proposals, financial records, plant lists, project notes, and research notes that document Daugherty's landscape architecture career. Material includes a broad range of projects, such as private gardens, corporate headquarters, schools and cultural institutions. Also a part of the collection are correspondence, notes, reports, and case studies from professional organizations and committee work. Included are items from the Atlanta street tree...
Collection number: ahc.MSS10f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, budgets, minutes, and a roster of members of the Fulton County Botanical Garden Commission. Correspondence includes discussion of the development of both the botanical garden and an airport in the same vicinity, now known as Fulton County Airport-Brown Field.
Collection number: ahc.VIS202
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architectural drawings and photographs of Eugene Martini and his projects. Landscape architecture projects illustrate his focus on land planning and land use. Among his notable projects are Northside Methodist Church (Atlanta, Georgia), Springs Valley Mobile Home Court (Mobile, Alabama), and Cocoa Isles and Rivers Isles communities (Cocoa Beach, Florida). The collection also includes photographs of the Martini family and Eugene Martini from childhood through...
Collection number: ahc.MSS148
Scope and Content This collection contains chiefly correspondence, but also includes professional publications, seminar lectures and writings as well as family genealogy. Correspondence consists of letters and statements to residential clients, corporations, and government entities. Letters to local landscape architects, professional organizations, and family members are also included. Documents provide insight into Martini's work with site planning, subdivision planning, and career development. Personal...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1088
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans, pamphlets, reports, and a directory that provide details on the career of G. Eric Harkness. Materials are from a variety of projects, including commercial, residential, and government clients. Pamphlets show a wide range of interests and topics from ornamental plants to city street planning.
Collection number: ahc.VIS240
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings and photographic prints that landscape architect G. Eric Harkness produced between 1954 and 1994. A variety of projects are represented such as city planning, commercial and residential properties, parks and urban renewal developments. Of special interest are drawings and plans for Alpine Village of Helen, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1011
Scope and Content The Harry G. Lefever papers consist primarily of records Mr. Lefever kept on neighborhoods and community organizations in Atlanta, Georgia. The papers reflect his involvement in community organizing; race relations and urban renewal; Atlanta inner-city neighborhoods and associations; and the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. These files contain correspondence; articles from books, magazines, and newspapers; reports; and student papers on the relationship between the community...
Collection number: ahc.MSS989
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains research materials collected by James R. Cothran including seed and nursery catalogs; information regarding botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects, and landscape architectural firms; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; historic gardens of the Southeast region; and professional materials including correspondence, papers authored, and awards received. The collection consists primarily of photocopies of research material including seed and...
Collection number: ahc.VIS322
Scope and Content This collection documents the public life of former Atlanta Mayor Sam Massell. The majority of the images in the collection depict his time as mayor; others document his career as a realtor and member of the City of Atlanta Board of Aldermen. The images also document Massell's ceremonial duties as mayor, including presiding over groundbreakings; presenting keys to the city to special visitors; and ceremonies involving MARTA and Delta Airlines. The collection features images of Massell hosting...
Collection number: ahc.MSS951
Scope and Content The records are organized into two series, which best represent the Institute's research agenda. The more recent documents have been organized in the first series, which contains the application to the national community building project introduced by President Bill Clinton. The application and information regarding community building are followed by the City of Atlanta's 1993 strategic plan, which won Atlanta the title of Empowerment Zone and funding. The second series chronologically...
Collection number: ahc.MSS611
Scope and Content The collection consists of sixteen audio cassette tape recordings of interviews conducted by students from Booker T. Washington High School. Interviewees include residents of the Vine City neighborhood who would be affected by the Georgia Dome construction, Fulton County Commissioner Nancy Boxill, John T. Robinson II (the assistant to County Commissioner Michael Lomax), and Clarence Williams (the international representative from United Automobile Workers). The collection also includes a book...
Collection number: ahc.VIS184
Scope and Content This collection contains the landscape architecture drawings and topographical surveys by William C. Pauley from 1914 to 1973. Projects are mainly from the southeast, but a few early projects are from Massachusetts. Much of the work consists of residential plans, but some are of schools, colleges, parks, cemeteries, and commercial projects. Notable Georgia projects include the Bankshaven estate of Newnan, Georgia, Joel Hurt Memorial Park of Atlanta, and the Robert W. Woodruff residence in the...
- Subject: City planning -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 4
- Jackson, Maynard 4
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau 3
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 3
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 2
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 2
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Southeast Chapter 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 2
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 2
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 2
- Atlanta Regional Commission 2
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 2
- Baldwin, Harry J. 2
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 2
- Georgia Institute of Technology 2
- Harkness, G. Eric (George Eric) 2
- Hartsfield, William Berry 2
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport 2
- Martini and Associates, Landscape Architects and Planning Consultants (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Martini, Eugene R. 2
- Massell, Sam 2
- Model Cities Program (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Resurgens Atlanta 2
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Sweat, Dan E. 2
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 1
- Academy for Contemporary Problems 1
- Alliance Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Institute of Industrial Engineers 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Education 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Health 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Buildings 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks and Recreation 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Traffic Engineering Department 1
- Atlanta 2000, Inc. 1
- Atlanta Action Forum 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission 1
- Atlanta Falcons. (Football team) 1
- Atlanta Housing Authority 1
- Atlanta Public Schools 1
- Atlanta Transit System, Inc. 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bass Organization for Neighborhood Development (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Booker T. Washington High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Booker T. Washington High School (Atlanta, Ga.)--History--20th century 1
- Boxill, Nancy A. 1
- Butts, Norman C. 1
- Capacity, Inc. 1
- Carty, Rico 1
- Central Area Job Placement Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Central Atlanta Improvement Association 1
- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. 1
- Central Marietta Street Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cheatham, Gwen 1
- Citizens Advisory Committee for Urban Renewal (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Collier, Charles A. 1
- Community Planning Council, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooke & Swope (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooke, E. Burton 1
- Cothran, James R. 1
- Creecy, Howard, Jr. 1
- Dalton, Carol Ann 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- Day, Norma 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Downtown Development Authority (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Eplan, Leon S. 1
- Fleming, Richard C. D. 1
- Fonts, Larry E. 1
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 1
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fulton County (Ga.). Board of Commissioners 1
- Fulton County (Ga.). Botanical Garden Commission 1
- Fulton County (Ga.). Department of Health 1
- Fulton County Airport-Brown Field 1
- Fulton County Botanical Garden (Ga.) 1
- Gellerstedt, Lawrence L. 1
- Georgia Business & Industry Association 1
- Georgia Dome (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Downtown Development Association 1
- Georgia Legislative Action Committee 1
- Georgia State University. Urban Studies Institute 1
- Georgia World Congress Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia. Community Employment Service 1
- Georgia. Department of Transportation 1
- Georgia. General Assembly 1
- Gladin, Collier B. 1 ∧ less