Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection number: ahc.MSS411
Scope and Contents This collection includes records regarding the activities of the Atlanta Symposium. Documents include administrative records, minutes, and member presentations. Administrative records include the history of the organization, by-laws, correspondence, meeting notices, membership rosters. Of special note are secretary notebooks from 1907-1944. Minute records contain Symposium minutes throughout the organization's history. The bulk of the collection are member presentations and information on each...
Dates: 1907-2019, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS796
Scope and Content This collection consists of personal papers of Esther Garrett Wynne, including correspondence with her brother, Franklin Garrett. Other documents are invitations, newspaper clippings, correspondence with others, memorabilia, and garden club yearbooks. There are also eight scrapbooks, which highlight Mrs. Wynne's activities throughout her life, including her first marriage, her time in the Red Cross, travels, and her social activities.
Dates: 1926-1972, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1124
Scope and Content This collection includes newsletters, brochures, and handbooks of the First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta, documenting its ministry and membership. The handbooks list outreach programs as well as its organizational structure. The collection also includes annual reports detailing the church's activities throughout the year and bulletins that detail celebrations for the church's 150th anniversary.
Dates: 1977-2001, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS499
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence and some organizational records. The bulk of the materials were gathered by Franklin Garrett and pertain to his involvement in the organization. Other materials include newspaper clippings and newsletters.
Collection number: ahc.MSS398
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of business records pertaining to John Hixon Kinsella. The bulk of the collection is correspondence and presentations in conjunction business meetings.
Dates: 1863-1978, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS12f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, memos, and newspaper clippings on historical preservation projects in which Mills B. Lane, Jr. was involved as well as a banking code that Lane helped to create. One of the preservation projects that he worked on was the move and restoration of the Tullie Smith House to the Atlanta History Center from its original location in DeKalb. The Tullie Smith House is a typical "plantation plain" style house built in the 1840s by Robert Smith, a yeoman farmer...
Collection number: ahc.VIS329
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of Mrs. Charles L. Gray as she was being interviewed by R.T. Eltzroth and Franklin Garrett during her visit to the Atlanta Historical Society's 1895 Cotton Exposition Exhibition on August 26, 1970.
Dates: 1970 August 26
- Names: Garrett, Franklin M. (Franklin Miller), 1906-2000 X
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2
- AIDS (Disease) -- Social aspects 1
- American essays -- Georgia -- 20th century 1
- American essays -- Georgia -- 21st century 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Religion 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Banks and banking -- Georgia. 1
- Businesswomen -- Georgia -- Savannah 1
- Clubs -- Georgia -- Savannah 1
- Community organization -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 1
- Interviewing in journalism 1
- Lectures and lecturing -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Libraries -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Men -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 1
- Monuments & memorials -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Presbyterian Church -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Presbyterians -- Georgia 1
- Roswell (Ga.) 1
- Weddings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Red Cross 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women 1 ∧ less