Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents This collection contains records from Dr. Louis J. Elsas testing of female athletes in the 1996 Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia, that the International Olympic Commitee required to verify gender. The bulk of material is testing and survey results, some of which include comments by the tested athletes. The purpose of these tests was to exclude cisgender males from female-only competition while preserving the dignity and careers of intersex and transgender female athletes. Other papers...
Dates: 1988-2002, undated
Scope and Content This collection documents the medical career and practice of Dr. G. G. Chapman. Included are birth records, medical school examination schedules, and prescription notes. Of particular note are business ledgers that record patient visits, payments, and medicines administered.
Dates: 1887-1938, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains information regarding the founding, the membership, and the activities of the the Southern Association for Vascular Surgery. Materials document the management and growth of the association, particularly annual meetings and membership. The bulk of the collection contains membership applications and meeting minutes. Also included are annual meeting materials such as programs and invitations; financial papers; and newsletters. Of particular note are the original members'...
Dates: 1976-2015, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of one ledger containing records on the patients of a smallpox hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. The records list dates the patients entered the hospital, their name, the type of smallpox they had contracted, notes about quarantine or treatment, and the date of discharge or death. In addition, the ledger lists employees who became patients, recording the same information collected about regular patient's in addition to their occupation at the hospital before contracting the...
- Subject: Medical records -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Southern states 1
- Athletes -- Medical examinations 1
- Athletics -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Blood-vessels -- Surgery -- History 1
- Communicable diseases 1
- Intersex athletes 1
- Medical archives 1
- Medical students -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Medicine -- Practice -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Physicians -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Professional sports 1
- Registers of births, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Smallpox -- Hospitals -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Sports for women -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Sports gynecology 1
- Surgery -- Georgia 1
- Women athletes -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women's rights 1 ∧ less
- Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games 1
- Atlanta Medical College 1
- Chapman, G. G. (George Guilford) 1
- Elsas, Skip, II (Louis Jacob), 1937-2012 1
- Ernst, Calvin B. 1