Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content This collection contains descriptive landscape surveys and accompanying research material such as correspondence, articles, maps, and garden sketches which document the history and current condition of historic landscapes included in the project. Many garden surveys are associated with a significant individual or house and provide social and cultural history as well as landscape history. Material varies according to the availability of information about each site.
Dates: 2002-current, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains slides, photographs, and negatives taken or collected by Cothran depicting topics such as botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; and historic gardens of the Southeast, other regions of the United States, and Europe. Material also includes images used in Cothran's lectures and books he authored. The majority of the collection consists of images taken by Cothran on his travels or collected during...
Dates: 1932-2011, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains materials that document the history of the annual pilgrimages (and later other types of fundraisers such as lectures and tours) of the GCG since 1996. Brochures, flyers, maps, clippings, and correspondence are included in the collection. These items also provide histories of historic garden sites that are on the pilgrimages in Georgia and detail garden club activities relating to the pilgrimages, lectures, or tours. Financial and fundraising documentation are also a...
Scope and Content This collection contains grant applications, reports, and supporting evidence, which document organizations seeking funds to assist with restoration and preservation projects of historic landscapes and gardens. Project follow-up reports are included where available. Of special interest are applications for multiple restoration projects at Atlanta's Oakland Cemetery. Also part of the collection are program materials that provide details of the grant program committee including chairman's...
- Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 3
- Historic preservation -- Georgia 3
- Historic sites -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 3
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 3
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- History 3
- Gardens -- Design 2
- Historic buildings -- Georgia 2
- Historic gardens -- Georgia 2
- City planning 1
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Societies, etc. 1
- Gardening -- Societies, etc. 1
- Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Landscape architecture -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Landscape architecture -- United States 1
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States -- History 1
- Urban landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1 ∧ less
- Garden Club of Georgia. 3
- Cothran, James R. 2
- Georgia. Historic Preservation Division 2
- Cherokee Garden Library (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooney, Loraine M. (Loraine Meeks) 1