Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Scope and Content This collection contains both residential and commercial landscape drawings for clients throughout the southeast United States. Also included are a few projects for international clients. The majority of projects are residential clients.
Dates: 1982-2008, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Dates: 1918-2010, undated; Majority of material found within 1979 - 2010
Scope and Content This collection contains a landscape drawing of the Blue Ridge Forest Resort, a 17,000 acre resort in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Tryon, North Carolina, and a perennial garden planting plan for the Cason J. Callaway Estate in LaGrange, Georgia.
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings of mostly residential projects, but also includes some commercial properties and parks in Griffin and other Georgia cities. Drawings include general landscape plans and plant lists as well as plans for walls, foundation plantings, and traffic islands. Of special interest is Bell's 1940 senior thesis drawing of a country estate for his parents.
Dates: 1940-1994, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains one set of landscape drawings (one original drawing and two blueprint copies) of the formal garden for the Cason J. Callaway Estate in LaGrange, Georgia. The estate includes a Neel Reid designed home and is located adjacent to the Hills & Dales Estate. Of special interest, Hoffman's landscape plan includes 240 'Clara Butt' tulips, an heirloom tulip variety.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of landscape plans, photographs, negatives, and slides created by Atlanta landscape designer, Julia Orme Martin, from 1971 to 1995. The collection consists of primarily landscape designs for residential properties in the neighborhoods of Ansley Park and Buckhead, in Atlanta, Georgia. Of particular note are the drawings pertaining to the Columbus Museum in Columbus, Georgia as well as those pertaining to the Tompkins property on West Wesley Road in Atlanta, Georgia....
Dates: 1971-1995, undated
Scope and Content The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
Dates: 1937-1997, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs taken by Reeves Studios of the gardens of Laura and John Bulow Campbell's property at 2958 Andrews Drive. The images highlight a boxwood terrace garden with tulips, a central pool featuring a Leda and the Swan bronze statue, garden tile, and a grassy allee flanked by dogwoods in bloom. Of special note are several millstones, popular decoration in gardens of that time period.
Dates: approximately 1941
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings of both William L. Monroe, Sr. and William L. Monroe, Jr., as part of the Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Company, and represent a wide variety of clients including residential, commercial, churches, and parks. Of special note is a landscape plan of Chastain Woods for Chastain Memorial Park.
Dates: 1934-1987, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains landscape drawings, plant lists, concept and site plans, and surveys that provide details of work done by Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc., as well as earlier work with Daugherty/Anderson and Associates. The work of a few other architects is included such as Edward L. Daugherty and E. S. Draper. The majority of projects are of residential landscapes.
Scope and Content This collection contains 35 of 36 original botanical watercolors painted by Sarah G. Towery for Ryan Gainey's (1944-2016) book The Gathered Garden (2012). The thirty-sixth watercolor, "Ryan's Rainbow," is not included in the collection. Gainey, a world-renowned garden designer and horticulturist, commissioned Towery to complete 36 botanical watercolors. Towery reproduced, in watercolor, plants Gainey selected which he considered to be important in...
Scope and Content This collection contains grant applications, reports, and supporting evidence, which document organizations seeking funds to assist with restoration and preservation projects of historic landscapes and gardens. Project follow-up reports are included where available. Of special interest are applications for multiple restoration projects at Atlanta's Oakland Cemetery. Also part of the collection are program materials that provide details of the grant program committee including chairman's...
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings of chiefly residential properties in Atlanta and other cities in Georgia and North Carolina. Some of the drawings from 1982-1985 were created by Franklin-Smith Associates of which Smith was a landscape architect. Also part of the collection is a business poster and landscape plans for parks and a subdivision. Of special interest are drawings for the Schlaifer residence in Atlanta and the Williamson residence, Salubrity Hall, in Augusta.
Dates: 1976-2013, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains contracts, correspondence, invoices, and task lists that detail landscape projects and involvement with clients. Also a part of the collection are landscape plans and plant lists. Of special interest is a portfolio of completed landscape work for the Schlaifer residence in the Tuxedo Park neighborhood of Atlanta.
Dates: 1976-2015, undated
- Gardens -- Design 12
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 10
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 9
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 6
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 5
- Formal gardens -- Design 4
- Landscape architecture -- Southern States 4
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States -- History 3
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 3
- Gardens -- Design -- History 2
- Gardens -- Georgia 2
- Gardens -- Georgia -- LaGrange 2
- Gardens -- Southern States -- History 2
- Landscape architecture -- Designs and plans 2
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- LaGrange 2
- Landscape design -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia 2
- Botanical illustration 1
- Buckhead (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- City planning -- Southern States 1
- Color prints 1
- Decoration and ornament -- Plant forms 1
- Dogwoods -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Flowers -- History 1
- Flowers -- Southern States 1
- Flowers in art 1
- Garden ornaments and furniture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardening -- Georgia 1
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Societies, etc. 1
- Gardening -- Southern States 1
- Gardens -- 1920-1930 1
- Gardens -- 1930-1940 1
- Gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Gardens -- Southern States 1
- Griffin (Ga.) 1
- Historic buildings -- Georgia 1
- Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 1
- Historic gardens -- Georgia 1
- Historic preservation -- Georgia 1
- Historic sites -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 1
- Land use -- North Carolina 1
- Land use -- Planning 1
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Griffin 1
- Landscape architects -- North Carolina 1
- Landscape architecture -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Landscape architecture -- North Carolina 1
- Landscape design -- Southern States 1
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- History 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States 1
- Millstones -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Mountain resorts -- North Carolina 1
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Georgia 1
- Nursery growers -- Georgia 1
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Roses -- Varieties 1
- Trees -- Georgia 1
- Urban beautification -- Georgia -- Griffin 1
- Urban gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Watercolor painting -- 20th century. 1
- Women gardeners -- Georgia 1
- Women landscape architects -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 3
- Callaway, Cason J. (Cason Jewell) 2
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 2
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 2
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 2
- Franklin-Smith Associates 2
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 2
- Martin, Julia Orme 2
- Anderson, Richard, 1947- 1
- Bell, J. Newton (Jewell Newton) 1
- Callaway, Virginia Hand 1
- Campbell, John Bulow, 1870-1940 1
- Campbell, Laura Berry 1
- Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Courts, Virginia Orme Campbell 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- Daugherty/Anderson and Associates 1
- Draper, E. S. (Earle Sumner) 1
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 1
- Gainey, Ryan 1
- Garden Club of Georgia. 1
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 1
- Hoffman, John Leon 1
- John L. Hoffman & Co. 1
- Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Monroe, William L., 1892-1965 1
- Monroe, William L., 1925-1999 1
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc. 1
- Towery, Sarah G. 1
- William T. Smith and Associates Inc. 1 ∧ less